JC gets the boot again. Why?

bluehufsa

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bog off with that. He's the closest thing we have to a pocket Han Solo in SWToR. Nobody else has his charm.

Bruce Campbell does, who I still believe was an inspiration for Doc. :p Also a big reason I enjoy Doc but he's not much of a favorite otherwise. Not to me at least.

Bog off with that. He's the closest thing we have to a pocket Han Solo in SWToR. Nobody else has his charm.

Doc? What about Andronikos? He seems a closer fit with the snarky hot & cold rogue pirate lover thing hes got going for him.

Is it still true that there have come more imp side companions back than rep side companions ? I've lost the overview ...

Yes. Primarily it's the jedi at this point who are lagging behind in companion returns. Republic overall is 12/20 (as I personally see it), with Empire being 17.5/5 (again, from my point of view). And, of course, three Imperial LIs got chapter returns vs. only one Republic LI. Or, including Iokath and Copero, five Imperial LIs got main story returns vs. two Republic LIs.

JK: 2/5 (apparently 4/5 later in the year)

JC: 1/5 (2/5 soon)

Smuggler: 4/5 (5/5 soon)

Trooper: 5/5 (depending on how you look at it - Tanno returned through the storyline, but not to the trooper's crew, so one would have to headcanon that he rejoined on Asylum and use the terminal to actually get him back)

SW: 4/5 (seemingly 5/5 in not too long a time, though they've said nothing about LS Jaesa)

SI: 4.5/5 (4 or 5 depending on your opinion about the dashade - obviously we don't have Khem back but we have a kind of substitute in a way that we have for no other companion)

Agent: 5/5

BH: 4/5 (5/5 soon)

Edited by Estelindis

It really makes me sad that Doc of all people, one of the most beloved companions in the game, a player favorite, has absolutely nothing planned for his eventual return as of yet.

So I guess I'll make do with Leyta for now.

First, I like Doc, a lot. But player favorite? One of the most beloved companions? This is the first time I see someone stating something like that because Doc is far from a favorite or beloved by players. Whatever you think about him is just you, don't think you are all players. You must be the first I see complaining that he isn't back.

Edited by tahol

First, I like Doc, a lot. But player favorite? One of the most beloved companions? This is the first time I see someone stating something like that because Doc is far from a favorite or beloved by players. Whatever you think about him is just you, don't think you are all players. You must be the first I see complaining that he isn't back.

WHY don't people like him then? Because he has all the personality and charm that made Han Solo so beloved in the movies. He's literally the games version of Han Solo.

Or Lando Calrissian.

Edited by Loadsamonie

WHY don't people like him then? Because he has all the personality and charm that made Han Solo so beloved in the movies. He's literally the games version of Han Solo.

Or Lando Calrissian.

Because he hits on the women. And, in this forum at least, that's icky.

Because he hits on the women. And, in this forum at least, that's icky.

No, because of how he ditches women and show very little respect for them. I have nothing against his character - he is amusing. But as a romance he doesn't appeal to me.

Edited by Cowoline

No, because of how he ditches women and show very little respect for them. I have nothing against his character - he is amusing. But as a romance he doesn't appeal to me.

I agree with the "amusing"-part, but I thought his romance was really sweet. He's clearly the type of guy who fears commitment, but slowly becomes attached to the player character to the point that he decides to topple that fear and go for it.

I agree with the "amusing"-part, but I thought his romance was really sweet. He's clearly the type of guy who fears commitment, but slowly becomes attached to the player character to the point that he decides to topple that fear and go for it.

Isn't it out of character though, for a Lightsided JK to go for a romance at all?

Isn't it out of character though, for a Lightsided JK to go for a romance at all?

Depends on the JK. I choose to create full personalities for my characters, so at least when it comes to them, LS doesn't mean they follow the Jedi code. Not to mention that those petty things don't bother a ds JK. :p

Depends on the JK. I choose to create full personalities for my characters, so at least when it comes to them, LS doesn't mean they follow the Jedi code. Not to mention that those petty things don't bother a ds JK. :p

Mine follows the Jedi Code to a T and objects to relationships in general, especially the one with Jomar and Leeha.

He's gross and disrespectful toward women IMHO. My JK deals with him as little as possible.

He's one companion that I'm HOPING is a JK-specific Alliance Alert so my other characters don't have to deal with him.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Mine follows the Jedi Code to a T and objects to relationships in general, especially the one with Jomar and Leeha.

Its very rare though for Jedi to not at least struggle with attachment from time to time. My jk followed the Jedi code to the letter until everything with the eternal throne. Seeing the knights and getting to know Senya especially gave her a different outlook. Also, attachment in itself doesn't lead to the dark side - obsession does.

Examples (bewarespoilers):

Malgus killed his love because his love for her pulled him to the light.

Arcanns love for Senya set him on the path to the light side.

Senyas love for Arcann was a fundamental part of his conversion to the light.

I dunno. I hear a lot of people complain that they had to wait longer for their companions. I'm the Trooper. They count Tanno Vik as being "returned" even though he could not be recruited to the Alliance (not even as a Trooper specific). And since they included a Kill option for him, it seems as though there is zero chance we will ever be able to return him to Havoc Squad.

I think it's better to get 5 companions back slowly, than it is to get 4 back fast and know that the 5th is gone forever.

I dunno. I hear a lot of people complain that they had to wait longer for their companions. I'm the Trooper. They count Tanno Vik as being "returned" even though he could not be recruited to the Alliance (not even as a Trooper specific). And since they included a Kill option for him, it seems as though there is zero chance we will ever be able to return him to Havoc Squad.

I think it's better to get 5 companions back slowly, than it is to get 4 back fast and know that the 5th is gone forever.

I agree with the bolded. Considering Havoc Squad was a unit I'm still surprised they didn't keep more of those companions together and just introduce them all in the Disavowed chapter.

But wasn't the issue with Tanno Vik also that his voiceover artist passed away? That might have influenced what they decided to do with him. He and SCORPIO are the only two companions who were in the expacs and involuntarily taken.

I have to say, as someone who mains a shadow, this has only been a disappointment and I expect somehow being disappointed for Iresso returns even if i expect nothing.

I guess i will be something like this:

JC: hey Iresso, how are you?

Iresso: Not very well, a crazy sith lord tried to hunt me down because of the holocron inside my head, so i spent the last 6-7 years in hiding.

JC: That sucks. Join my eternal alliance.

Iresso: sure.

I have to say, as someone who mains a shadow, this has only been a disappointment and I expect somehow being disappointed for Iresso returns even if i expect nothing.

Iresso: Not very well, a crazy sith lord tried to hunt me down because of the holocron inside my head, so i spent the last 6-7 years in hiding.

Yup pretty much what I'm expecting. :p

And then goes back to being wall flower

You may be right. I shouldn't hope for too much and end up disappointed. :(

Before you posted, I felt like whatever happened to him might be unusually harsh compared to other companions, and thus interesting from a writing perspective. I mean, to my mind, what happened to Vector was tragic, but I don't remember the devs describing it that way before release. By contrast, they've twice commented about Iresso's circumstances being tough. Maybe they did say that about Vector though and I missed it. And frankly I shouldn't wonder about it too much because I'll overthink it and end up creating way more content in my head than the presumably brief alert we'll get.

Edited by Estelindis

And frankly I shouldn't wonder about it too much because I'll overthink it and end up creating way more content in my head than the presumably brief alert we'll get.

I have the exact same problem with Nadia.

From the moment Ranos said that Nadia disappeared in wild space, my creativity kicked in and started to shape an idea, where Nadia was marooned in some planet with an ancient and mystical temple created by some unknown Force user cult, there she would spend the last eight years training in the Force and looking for a way offplanet.

Even now my imagination is cursing me; one could replace "Force user cult" with "Order of Zildrog" and they could return Nadia in 6.0, but we all know that will never happen.

And frankly I shouldn't wonder about it too much because I'll overthink it and end up creating way more content in my head than the presumably brief alert we'll get.

I remember doing that with Vector. I read a post a long time ago (don't remember who wrote it) where someone explained their idea of Vector basically due to the loss of the Agent (especially if you were a female IA who romanced him) lost what was left of his humanity to the hive and didn't remember us and we had to go help him recover his memories/humanity to remember us. I loved it so much that I tend to just believe something like that happened. :D