JC gets the boot again. Why?

bluehufsa

Can i please ask why every other class got almost all crew back and JC gets only Iresso and Qizen Fess? In that thing posted on Vulkk's site, was said crystal clear that the returnees in 5.10 will be the last, that means the JC gets the boot AGAIN. Why is that? What about our crew? Why were Skadge/Rusk and Guss more important than Nadia/Cedrax/Zenith?

Why all this deceit? Why can't we have closure? I am sad, disappointed and i feel deceived.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Charles Boyo stated during a stream that he had something special planned for Theran Cedrax.

I know the voice actress for Nadia is a fan of the game and would reprise her role as Nadia without a second thought, so I don't see her being absent for much longer.

I suspect Zenith will return only after the whole Theron arc is over, as they possess the same voice actor.

Qyzen Fess and C2-N2 will die when the Gravestone transforms into Zildrog and decimates the Alliance base on Odessen, leaving Kai Zykken as the only survivor.

I don't know about the other companion, Felix Iresso, that "bro" who randomly joined your crew because he had a secret crush on your character.

I believe Charles Boyo stated during a stream that he had something special planned for Theran Cedrax.

I know the voice actress for Nadia is a fan of the game and would reprise her role as Nadia without a second thought, so I don't see her being absent for much longer.

I suspect Zenith will return only after the whole Theron arc is over, as they possess the same voice actor.

Qyzen Fess and C2-N2 will die when the Gravestone transforms into Zildrog and decimates the Alliance base on Odessen, leaving Kai Zykken as the only survivor.

I don't know about the other companion, Felix Iresso, that "bro" who randomly joined your crew because he had a secret crush on your character.

My JC will die too and hunt others as a Force Ghost, the "hautees" list is the size of a toilet paper roll! Kai Zykken is the first dude i'll torment.

As a knight I've gotten T7 and Rusk. No doc, kira, or scourge. Especially scourge who would have been a perfect fit for the bloody emperor story.

Both Lord Scourge and Kira would of been perfect for the emperor story arc since one is the Emperor's Wrath and the other is a Child of the Sith Emperor. So much missed opportunity.

Edited by Bakgrind

Both Lord Scourge and Kira would of been perfect for the emperor story arc since one is the Emperor's Wrath and the other is a Child of the Sith Emperor. So much missed opportunity.

From another point of view, it is precisely for those reasons they were not involved. I'm of the opinion they were susceptible to the manipulation of the Emperor because of their involvement as his Wrath and a Child of the Emperor.

On Ziost, we know the Emperor could control even the strongest of the Jedi, how would Scourge or Kira be able not to succumb to his controlling powers when he knew everything about them including their weaknesses? That's the only reasonable explanation I can offer for why they were not involved during the story.

From another point of view, it is precisely for those reasons they were not involved. I'm of the opinion they were susceptible to the manipulation of the Emperor because of their involvement as his Wrath and a Child of the Emperor.

On Ziost, we know the Emperor could control even the strongest of the Jedi, how would Scourge or Kira be able not to succumb to his controlling powers when he knew everything about them including their weaknesses? That's the only reasonable explanation I can offer for why they were not involved during the story.

Sounds reasonable, but alas we shall never know. I think it would of made for a better story telling experience than what we got. I just think that it was written without all of the vanilla companions because it was simply the easiest option and the most cost efficient one. I'm of the contention that with the help of the "Outlander" they both could of broken the grip of the Emperor in much the same way that with the help of her master Kira found it within herself to break away from the will of Darth Angral.

Or, maybe it's something simple like they can't get the proper voice actors at this time. :)

Zenith's VA is the same as Theron Shan so that's not the reason for that particular companion.

My sub ends on May 10th and I won't come back until they announce more JC companions back (than Qyzen and Iresso). I'm tired of waiting, I'm tired of getting hopeful every time we're given some updates just to end up disappointed :(

Kira and Scourge in 5.10. Forget about Doc, he gets the boot too.

In the newest interview they said they might take longer to produce and not make it to 5.10, Kira and Scourge. So there is still other possible updates happening or some get incorporates into the expansion. I just doubt everyone will see you in the alliance at this point.

The JC companions have been an afterthought throughout FEET and it's aftermath. We'll be lucky to have them all back before the end of 2019 imo.

I mean how hard is it to provide their "I was busy and stuff" meaningful returns they've all had so far? /sarcasm off

Edited by Keta

The JC companions have been an afterthought throughout FEET and it's aftermath. We'll be lucky to have them all back before the end of 2019 imo.

I mean how hard is it to provide their "I was busy and stuff" meaningful returns they've all had so far? /sarcasm off

I understand why Zenith would have a problem with re-joining a JC Outlander , they accepted Sith/Imperials into the Alliance, that is difficult to accept /understand especially if you've seen your fellow citizens suffering because of the Empire.

Same goes for Nadia, don't forget her father was killed by a Sith.

It really makes me sad that Doc of all people, one of the most beloved companions in the game, a player favorite, has absolutely nothing planned for his eventual return as of yet.

So I guess I'll make do with Leyta for now.

Edited by Loadsamonie

Can i please ask why every other class got almost all crew back and JC gets only Iresso and Qizen Fess? In that thing posted on Vulkk's site, was said crystal clear that the returnees in 5.10 will be the last, that means the JC gets the boot AGAIN. Why is that? What about our crew? Why were Skadge/Rusk and Guss more important than Nadia/Cedrax/Zenith?

Why all this deceit? Why can't we have closure? I am sad, disappointed and i feel deceived.

I feel you. Ever since the start of the KOTFE/ET (which has been about 2 and half years) expansions we only had one companion back and we are just now getting our second one back.. Every time I hear about companion returns, I get so excited and hopeful just to be let down when it isn't a JC companion. I agree that it isn't fair. Even the Knight, who has two back right now, is getting at least four of them with the return of Skadge and Kira. With Iresso, we only have two back. Besides the return of Iresso, consulars have no idea when or even if we will get anymore of our crew back. I wish they would tell us this information.

Although, part of me wonders if our lack of companions has anything to do with the traumatic experience/rough time that Iresso went through in our absence? Who knows. I just wish the Jedi Consulars would get a little more love.

I just wish the Jedi Consulars would get a little more love.

Same here. I don't share the OP's pessimism about companion returns: I fully believe everyone will be brought back eventually. But it's very hard to understand why the consular is treated so badly. Why did some classes get multiple companions back in featured roles in the core story and other classes get zero? Fingers crossed that Iresso's return will be written really well and give us hope for the rest of our crew.

Edited by Estelindis

Same here. I don't share the OP's pessimism about companion returns: I fully believe everyone will be brought back eventually. But it's very hard to understand why the consular is treated so badly. Why did some classes get multiple companions back in featured roles in the core story and other classes get zero? Fingers crossed that Iresso's return will be written really well and give us hope for the rest of our crew.

Iresso is one of my favorite romances and I have low expectations for his return based purely on what we've gotten recently with companions.

I'm no fan of Doc for the JK but I do hope that if Kira and Scourge get good returns due to their popularity (wouldn't be surprised if they give "favorites" better returns) he deserves one to.

As a knight I've gotten T7 and Rusk. No doc, kira, or scourge. Especially scourge who would have been a perfect fit for the bloody emperor story.

Yep JK has gotten the boot too --- we don't like it either .....

but yes, I do feel for our JC bothers and sisters

They didn't get possessed when used on Ziost. :p

Yet Theron had his miracle plot armor through that whole debacle. :p

It really makes me sad that Doc of all people, one of the most beloved companions in the game, a player favorite, has absolutely nothing planned for his eventual return as of yet.

So I guess I'll make do with Leyta for now.

The midwestern ladie's man? I'll be all too happy to never hear 'ol doc's' cringe worthy one liners ever again.