Advance Class Respec

OHMYZOD

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope. I mean they let players that had bad luck rolling a character on a low population server transfer. Let players that invested time play a fresh spec. Not looking for anything other than a switch with in the class, Merc to Powertech. And no I wanna roll Advance Prototype or Shields so I can Jetpack around, not FOTM.

Merc and powertech are seperate classes.. You are not switching within classes, you are switching classes..

Sorry.. Bioware has already ruled on this issue many times.. As far back as the beta even..

There will be no AC switching...

The reasons against this are countless and this issue has been discussed countless times..

Then why do they share the exact same storyline? I'm sure Bioware didnt think the game would be F2P within 1 year either, but ......

Sharing story line does not define a class.. Every blood Elf in WOW shares the same story.. Does that make a hunter and a mage the same class??

They probably did.. I am sure the F2P model was something on the boards long before release.. In either case.. Going F2P has no bearing on the switching AC issue..

You can speculate all you want.. But that doesn't change the fact that Bioware has repeatedly said that it veiws the AC's as seperate classes and they will not allow AC switching.. WOW never did it either.. It fundamentally will break the game..

Sorry.. No AC switching..

Edited by MajikMyst

Nuff said. I'll even pay for one with the F2P model coming out. And no on the reroll garbage.... i'm lvl 93 valor.

I give it 6 months before you can buy this in the cashshop. 12 months before you can change any class to any other class in the cashshop. :(

They'll never resist this in the cash shop, if enough people want it (and by that I don't mean 50% just 5% would do) they will sell it.

They won't because they will lose more if they do.. Breaking the game is not a good way to make money.. The advent of the cash shops doesn't mean they are going to change fundemental mechanics of the game..

You all can believe what you want.. Reducing the number of clssses by half will kill the game..

As I have said.. This issue has been discussed countless times.. It is a dead horse at this point.. It isn't going to happen.. Cash store or not.. Allowing AC respecs will truely kill the game.. They will lose money if they allow it..

TThe advent of the cash shops doesn't mean they are going to change fundemental mechanics of the game..

Generally they don't sweep in with fundemental changes, no.

However equally as general small changes do creep in which add up and add up over time to fundemental changes - the crux of the F2Pcashshop model is that the cashshop has to sell, and to make it sell you have to provide what people will buy.

I'm glad you think you are Master and Commander here guy. Break the game? L O L, maybe you havent looked around but the game is far from FIXED. Take off the rose colored glasses and play a gimp class to 93 and come tell me about broken. Man I love bringing this subject up, it hurts SOOOO many people to think that someone might get satisfaction from a remedy like this. You're gonna tell me that if given the option, and your character gets s**t on by a patch, that you wouldnt respec your man? RIGHT....

However equally as general small changes do creep in which add up and add up over time to fundemental changes - the crux of the F2Pcashshop model is that the cashshop has to sell, and to make it sell you have to provide what people will buy.

You would be suprised how many people won't buy it.. Other than a few folks that bring it up here and there.. Most people by a large margin do not want AC switching.. Neither does Bioware..

People will buy a lot of things.. Ac switching is not going to be one of them.. They are not going to piss off the vast majority of people that don't want it to appease the few that do..

Go search Google.. Look for some other threads on this issue.. The vast majority of people do not want it.. It will break the game..

small changes don't always lead to fundemental ones.. Sometimes they stay just small..

Breaking the game is not on the menu in the cash shop that hasn't been anounced and doesn't exist yet.. Just saying..

I'm glad you think you are Master and Commander here guy. Break the game? L O L, maybe you havent looked around but the game is far from FIXED. Take off the rose colored glasses and play a gimp class to 93 and come tell me about broken. Man I love bringing this subject up, it hurts SOOOO many people to think that someone might get satisfaction from a remedy like this. You're gonna tell me that if given the option, and your character gets s**t on by a patch, that you wouldnt respec your man? RIGHT....

Just go search goodle dude.. This issue is old news.. You should have done a search in the first place.. You can't possible believe that you were the first to think of this..

Here..

Like I said..

Read here..

This one is over 100 pages long and isn't even the first creation of this thread.. Didn't even have to use Google.. Please go see for yourself..

I am not the master and commander here.. I have been part of this debate for over a year now.. It first came up in the beta when Bioware confirmed dual speccing.. We all knew that as soon as dual speccing was confirmed that AC switching or speccing would be next.. Sure enough.. It was..

So what is next after that?? Jedi knight to Consular?? BH to Agent??

AC speccing should never happen..

AC's, agree with it or not, are different classes.. It has always been said, even during the beta.. Your choice of AC was permanent.. That is said over and over again in the game.. Countless popup messages tell you.. It is also said in Voice over.. Your AC will forever dominate the destiny of that charactet.. That is how it was intended and how it will remain..

Edited by MajikMyst

You would be suprised how many people won't buy it.. Other than a few folks that bring it up here and there.. Most people by a large margin do not want AC switching.. Neither does Bioware..

People will buy a lot of things.. Ac switching is not going to be one of them.. They are not going to piss off the vast majority of people that don't want it to appease the few that do..

Go search Google.. Look for some other threads on this issue.. The vast majority of people do not want it.. It will break the game..

small changes don't always lead to fundemental ones.. Sometimes they stay just small..

Breaking the game is not on the menu in the cash shop that hasn't been anounced and doesn't exist yet.. Just saying..

Aye, unfortunately the Cashshop model doesn't run by what people won't buy, it runs by what people will buy.

Aye, unfortunately the Cashshop model doesn't run by what people won't buy, it runs by what people will buy.

Very true... But the game is run by the majority of players.. Not the cash shop.. Most people don't want it.. See thread above..

Edited by MajikMyst

Very true... But the game is run by the majority of players.. Not the cash shop.. Most people don't want it.. See thread above..

mmm..... maybe, but when Warhammer Online introduced a P2W vanity pet that increased your combat stats...... well basically within a few months EVERYONE has spent the $15 dollars to buy it and was running around with it. :(

I hope not.

It would be nice if --just for once-- people actually noticed that the game said your choice would be permanent, and actually tried to deal with that as if they were mature adults, rather than insisting that the world adapt to their petty desires.

Think of it as a life-lesson moment. A chance to practice being an adult.

We'll see. I bet they add it if they can think of a way of doing it without unbalancing the game. If its a toggle, like dual classing, it would be a serious issue in the game. Sentinels would be rolling on medium gear and heavy gear and so forth. But, if they make it cost prohibitive enough, say $20 a switch, it won't have that effect on the game. For that much people won't be switching AC's in the middle of raids or anything like that.

I'll be something like that makes more money than it loses.

Hey Majik, here's a revelation for ya, I DONT CARE ABOUT PAST POSTS! Yeah ive read em too.... I still want the feature added. Also really funny reading a comment about how It's immature to want this. LOL, hey pal if youre happy being a lemming and jumping off the same bridge everyone else does then knock yourself out. You ever see Stephen King's Storm of the Century? Give me what I want and I'll go away.

But they do not have to provide EVERYTHING that people will buy.

Hey Majik, here's a revelation for ya, I DONT CARE ABOUT PAST POSTS! Yeah ive read em too.... I still want the feature added. Also really funny reading a comment about how It's immature to want this. LOL, hey pal if youre happy being a lemming and jumping off the same bridge everyone else does then knock yourself out. You ever see Stephen King's Storm of the Century? Give me what I want and I'll go away.

I'm constantly amazed by the attitudes of the "entitled" players on these forums. The ones who feel their desires are more important than the desires of others. When you chose your AC, you were advised that the choice was PERMANENT. Now, you want to play different class, but do not want to do the work required to level it. So, those players who do not want do not want to see an option to change AC's in the game are just supposed to bend over and let you have your way?

I think that the vast majority of posters on this issue are against AC respec. I know that the forums represent a minority, but I'm betting that most players are against players being able to pay for a class change. I know I would not want to have a tank who leveled as a sentinel because DPS was easier, but then at 50 paid to switch to guardian so he could tank, despite never having learned to tank while leveling.

If they can make money with it, then you will see it in game (cash shop) sooner or later. Surely nobody thinks these EA cares about the comments on these boards?

Can anyone name one successful MMO, F2P or subscription, that allows a complete CLASS change? Despite what anyone claims, your AC is your CLASS and to change AC's you would be changing CLASS.

EA may not care too much about what forum posters have to say. I'm betting, though, that EA is smart enough to know that even with the game F2P, there are some things which will drive even F2P people away, and if no one is playing, then no one is spending money in the cash shop. I think EA stands to lose more players and therefore more money in the cash shop by allowing players to change class.