Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Macros belong in TOR.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why Macros belong in TOR.

Highfives
12.28.2011 , 05:52 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Tolfast View Post
As the OP has stated many times, it is not about chain skill macros for a one button I WIN, I would not want these implemented. What it is about is making pvp / pve grouping more user friendly by helping with mouse over / focus target.
You don't need macros for that. If the developers add mouse over healing then your problem is solved. Everything else can be solved by good co-ordination.
Cyberpunk/Hello Critty
Level 50 Guardian
Don't worry be happy!

_compton_
12.28.2011 , 05:54 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by bobaTBS View Post
I was not replying to you, read the quote from my post.

No, do not state things YOU can not do as facts. It is not only possible, but not that hard to do either.
When you take into consideration server latency, the ability queue, ideal conditions, and IDEAL, PROVEN human reaction times, my statement is not conjecture or speculation.

It is still implausible for a player to manage more than a single opposing player effectively taking these variables into account.

As to your first response, I find that those in opposition to macro implementation are not responding to, or as there responses evince, taking into account many of the statements I've made. ("Dodging", if you will).

Merely the act of having to drop your current target, use an interrupt, and retarget your previous target will completely inhibit your ability to manage such a scenario in a reasonable manner.

I will, again, reiterate. I am advocating for two functions, primarily. Mouseover support (to increase the feasibility of healing a large group of players effectively while maintaing some enjoyment) and Focus macros (to allow a player to be effective against two players, particularly a damage dealer and a healer, even remotely possible).

KorwinOfAmber
12.28.2011 , 05:56 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Tolfast View Post

A focus target is needed imo, this really helps co-oridante group attacks rather than trying to read name plates in pvp / pve all the time.
No, no and no. Use Teamspeak to focus targets, not ingame macros. Would you prefer in UT or CS players to auto-focus as well?

What you macro people dont understand is that we dont want a dumbed down game where the edge is on "who got the more efficient macros" and even clumsy and unskilled teams can "lol killled!" a targets in seconds just because they set macro to attack whoever their leader choses.

Zutha
12.28.2011 , 05:56 AM | #64
There has been a lot of fuss regarding no auto attacks etc.

If macro's were added to the game then you could just create your own autoattack completely negating the reasoning and effort BW put into explain why there is no autoattack.

Now... programmable companions like dragon age?

yes please.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrinic View Post
Wait until there are more 50s. Obviously.

Don't blame Bioware because you are unemployed.

bobaTBS
12.28.2011 , 05:58 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerks View Post
Sigh...

Edit - Want an example? Especially in PVE macros only allow players to manipulate the fight more to their advantage, a player using macros to sway a fight in his advantage deserves the right to be able to do so. Its not a matter of not having the skill to do something, its a matter of having the skill to further perform in the game.
How does this even make sense in your head? "macros only allow players to manipulate the fight more to their advantage" exactly, makes the fight easier. "a player using macros to sway a fight in his advantage deserves the right to be able to do so." ok for this I only have WAT?.

Nijraw
12.28.2011 , 05:58 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Highfives View Post
I don't need to dictate, there are no macros at the moment and that is perfect.

I don't need to tell you how to play either, you struggling without your macros against someone with a good set of keybinds doesn't effect me at all it just means more misery for you.

Like I said I'm not an elitist, I just rely on my own skill even if I lose.
And I am glad for you, you and many others don't use macros but there are many that would LOVE macros for many reasons, you also have to take in to consideration that some people are handicap, a good example is my long time guild friend plays with 1 arm because he has nerve damage to his left hand, in WoW macros helped him raid, I myself used macros to help free up action bars and it helped me a ton, sure there are many skilled players out there that use no macros, also if they are so skilled but don't support macros this only shows me that maybe they are a bit worried about losing there advantage to someone that uses macros?

If you feel that you are more skilled then someone that uses macros there shouldn't be any concern to then right? if anything a skilled players should encourage macros so they have more players on there skill level for competitive PvP & PvE action.

People need to stop being jerks and just mind there own dang business, after all allot of those so called non macro uses use programmable keyboards and mice with macros so they are just posing like they are skilled.

If you want no macros then BAN programmable keyboards & mice like the "Razer Nagas".

HelmsDeepHelmet
12.28.2011 , 05:58 AM | #67
I read through the original post and I fail to see how you don't think using macros makes the game much, much easier. I fully DO NOT support macros in anyway.

KorwinOfAmber
12.28.2011 , 05:58 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by _compton_ View Post
Macros do not make the game easier - they open new avenues and add complexity and depth.
Yeah, except thats DIFFERENT avenues of complexity and depth. Its like removing driver skill from equation in races and outcome being dependent on on fine tuning of engine, the tires you use, planning of the refuelling, aerodinamics e.t.c It requires lots of work and is really compelex and interesting too - but it does little to do with actual "driving"

Highfives
12.28.2011 , 05:59 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by _compton_ View Post
When you take into consideration server latency, the ability queue, ideal conditions, and IDEAL, PROVEN human reaction times, my statement is not conjecture or speculation.

It is still implausible for a player to manage more than a single opposing player effectively taking these variables into account.

As to your first response, I find that those in opposition to macro implementation are not responding to, or as there responses evince, taking into account many of the statements I've made. ("Dodging", if you will).

Merely the act of having to drop your current target, use an interrupt, and retarget your previous target will completely inhibit your ability to manage such a scenario in a reasonable manner.
Why should macros put you on the level of two players? you are not two players you are one player and therefore should be at a disadvantage.

Also don't talk about proven anything you are just talking rubbish, there are players out there who have the co-ordination to effectively deal with more than enemy by reaction alone, I'll admit it's not common but acting like it's an impossibility is ridiculous.
Cyberpunk/Hello Critty
Level 50 Guardian
Don't worry be happy!

Frydoh
12.28.2011 , 06:00 AM | #70
PVE players/clickers hate macros. Who cares.
Swtor badly needs macros.