Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Macros belong in TOR.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why Macros belong in TOR.

Zarthorn
12.29.2011 , 12:19 PM | #561
Quote: Originally Posted by poofz View Post
There are different kinds of macros, not just Rift macros that everyone keeps whining about. The other kinds of macros are still usable with expensive keyboard/mouse even if they are not built into SWTOR. They should be in, I dont want to have an advantage over you because I have an expensive mouse/keyboard.
I do agree that some macros should be in, but not all, keybind macros = no

sorry but I don't want to see keybind macros as it's too much automation and plays to dumbing things down, like Rift.

However auto-assist re-target and target of target I actually feel are neccessary macros as the targetting system is pretty horrendous for PvP right now, so many times have I gone to click or tab-target to either:

1. Not have the click target respond
2. Have the tab-target target someone miles away and not the nearest target, despite having the nearest target setting enabled.

These kind of macros have there place especially for healers and tanks who may have a hard time targetting an ally especially with how small the raid bars are on the UI compared to some other games.

So to recap:

Targetting macros such as target of target and raid assist target = Yes
Keybind macros that create automation of keypressing = No

Feeblezak
12.29.2011 , 05:20 PM | #562
No macro's at all
SWTOR Collectors Edition Pre-Order
Roleplayer

☭ ★

Hambunctious
12.29.2011 , 05:25 PM | #563
This game is already simple enough to play. Macros, especially mouseovers, would dumb it down even further.

NightHawke
12.30.2011 , 06:46 AM | #564
Quote: Originally Posted by Hambunctious View Post
This game is already simple enough to play. Macros, especially mouseovers, would dumb it down even further.
This also.
Dark Legion's Empire Jung Ma Server

Live by the Sword,
Die from Bravado.

-Silver-
12.30.2011 , 01:49 PM | #565
Adding my support for this. I have my two bottom bars completely filled to the brim, and a third bar on the left of my screen (happily clashing with unmovable party and companion frames - but that's another topic) over half full, and I'm only level 24!

I'm not a clicker, I use hotkeys. I have twelve buttons on the left side of my mouse for the second bar, use keys 1 through to = for the my main bar, and have a few of the abilities on my third bar hot-keyed to close-at-hand letters like Q, E, and T. I would really, really love to cut down on all this screen clutter and create some personalized macros.

For all the nay-sayers - macros are an option. You don't have to use them if they're available, it just adds more choice and flexibility. They can't break GCDs, and you can't create a 'play the game for me' macro. Please stop saying 'no to macros' just because you don't like using them. Some players love these advanced options.

Lord_Karsk
12.30.2011 , 01:53 PM | #566
I agree, there should be macros in TOR, that way bad players will stay bad and go back to what ever fail game they played before.Just saying.If your brain and hands are to slow to react maybe gaming is not for some.

Wazluk
12.30.2011 , 02:06 PM | #567
I would love to see just a 2 ability per macro option... would great clean up my quickslot bar, without it being being OP'd, 1 button mashing, and whatever anti-macro QQ'r say. I'm tired of-

-watching my quickslot bars for CDs of abilities. I want to watch and enjoy the fighting not CD monitoring...

-losing my mouse on screen, because I'm not a mouse clicker. Keyboard/gaming mouse controller. Beside using gaming mouse buttons, I use my mouse for is for panning camera, strafing/moving around, which doesn't work well with mouse clicking abilites.

-had issues with UI bugged out and NOT being able to mouseclick the buttons at ALL. I would have to refresh UI in the middle of PvP which = deaths.

Also, heard people say if they wanted 2 abilities in 1 they would have programmed the ability that way.... Obviously they don't know how to correctly setup macro for situational fights or off set CD. I played Rift(macro crazy) and still used +15 buttons.

Ahlin
12.30.2011 , 03:01 PM | #568
I hope they add UI customization. I want to tear a lot out and put a lot in.

Macros do nothing but enhance gameplay. Anyone who says they make it skill-less or that "omg the game is too easy already" is a tool.

poofz
12.30.2011 , 03:02 PM | #569
Quote: Originally Posted by NightHawke View Post
This also.
So its ok for my keyboard macros/mouse macros to dumb down the game but screw those out of that same advantage by not having them in game? How is this logical?

Jadarok
12.30.2011 , 03:14 PM | #570
Macros add nothing to the game. You only need them to get an edge on people better than you, or to keep pace with people that do use them. If they are not supported across the board, everyone is equal. Competition is not effected.

The bottom line is, your average casual player knows nothing about efficient macro use. While your average pro will. So what does this mean? Macros only do one thing, help stomp casuals more.

Nice try, but I don't think we need macros to pwn more noobs than you can already.