2 Trick questions ...

t-darko

1. Providing protection(175-250K) for the ball carrier in Queshball earns you how many objective point?

2. Providing protection(175-300) for your healer and team mates in a WZ or Arena earns you how many mvps?

Edited by t-darko

I have no idea on the first, but I'm starting to wonder if the scoring in queshball is bugged or what but it always seems the objective points are far lower on this map (across both the winners and losers) as regular huttball. Even on the rotfstomp winning teams I rarely see people break 10k total objectives.

I do know the answer to the second one though; zero. They will get 0 MVP's.

Edited by Ridickilis

On the first part....0, and thats as it should be.

How many points do you get for pulling the ball carrier as a sage

How many points do you get for knocking all of the opposition into the pit or off the platform

how many points do you get for healing the ball carrier.

how many points do you get for a well timed stun or cleanse so the ball carrier can score.

The answer to all of those is 0

On the second part. Votes....who actually cares about voting?

Also the hardest part about being a tank in this game is not being able to see how your doing until the end of the match when the score board comes up. Other than that its staying awake. You put on gaurd, you use taunts , stuns, and DCDs accordingly, bam your a *********** legendary tank. Being a tank in this game is so brain dead, a gold fish on twitch tv can do it.

Being a tank in this game is so brain dead, a gold fish on twitch tv can do it.

You would think (IKR?), but it's extremely rare to see any substantial protection numbers at the end of matches. I'm not even talking about all dps spec'ed Juggs/Sins/PT's (who are still nabs for not using taunt at all). I'm talking one in dark charge, one in Soresu and one in Ion Cell and still not one of them with 25k protection or more. That's like... I don't even have the words to describe how pathetic that is.

Yes, I agree MVP votes don't mean squat, hoever I say zero to the OP's question under the premise that 175-300k protection is very low for a full WZ. That's doing the bare minimum in my opinion, slapping guard on a healer and just standing next to him and that's it. Granted that's ahead of 70% of the "tanks" in this game but at level 55 you should really be higher than 175-300k.

Edited by Ridickilis

As I said in the header - 2 trick questions . . .

As to number 1, correct it earns you 0 objective points in queshball, never mind the extra yards you enable the carrier to travel with the ball(so that he can recieve his well and hard earned!? objectivepoints, in regard to the whole "a gold fish on twitch tv can do it." aspect of game play.) , and as Haystak so elegantly later on points out neither does healing , clearing a path or pulling the carrier either. In every other ball game you would atleast be rewarded an assist or some other recognition. This is my main point with trick question number 1. Objective based pvp and arena pvp are two really different areas of pvp. In order for objective based pvp to work, as in a act together as a team capture an objective and win kinda way, the reward system most also promote such behavior. The current reward system promotes a Arena type of pvp style and that is, I think, the main reason, objective based pvp suffers in the game. And as I'm a great fan of the brilliance and teamwork aspect of a Huttballgame I would like to see a ballgame aspect in the reward system as well.

If we only have damage as the dominating aspect of a good pvper, I would buy in to that concept, IF, Arenas was the only style of PvP we had, but as it not most pvpers only work at half capacity.

Which leads me to trick question number 2; "who actually cares about voting? ", "I agree MVP votes don't mean squat". Yes, who cares, or better yet, who knows what to reward!? Ina Arena it's great having 2-3 teammates doing a good share of 1000 - 1300K damage, in a WZ on the other hand, with those numbers and we lose I rather give my mvp to the dude guarding the offnode with Zero damage, then to the high achieving halfwitts not knowing when to cap one. This is only one aspect of the whole mvp voting, but the voting that occurs shows how well or not you understand what you just been apart off.

Now I didn't choose the Tank to be my hero in my 2 trick questions by random, the role of a Tank, as next to healers is the most yelled at class and as I use to say; if you can't take it you're most likely to choose a DPS class to play, as it shows how poorly people understand the statboard after the match. I'd say 80% understand damage, maybe 15% understand healing, and well this number is to highly exaggerated; 5% understand protection.

"Being a tank in this game is so brain dead, a gold fish on twitch tv can do it.", "You would think (IKR?), but it's extremely rare to see any substantial protection numbers at the end of matches. I'm not even talking about all dps spec'ed Juggs/Sins/PT's (who are still nabs for not using taunt at all). I'm talking one in dark charge, one in Soresu and one in Ion Cell and still not one of them with 25k protection or more." I would say that your combined minds really illustrated my point.

As Haystak pointed out it ain't rocketscience, but that fact doesn't make it less important. The primary function for a Tank is to protect and EAT damage, Now you can either do this at random, which seems to be Haystaks reference to Tanking, OR, you make it into an artform to protect your healer and eat away damage from your high producing DPS'. And if you, as Ridickilis suggest, preformed 'poorly' with 175 - 300K protection, then you probably have been Tanking unsupported, but to be able to support your Tank(which is a whole other thread) you first need to know and recognize the value of a Tank.

And as you guys so well have illustrated a bold few know how to Tank, but even fewer know the importance of it.

Edited by t-darko

And if you, as Ridickilis suggest, preformed 'poorly' with 175 - 300K protection, then you probably have been Tanking unsupported, but to be able to support your Tank(which is a whole other thread) you first need to know and recognize the value of a Tank.

Just want to point out in your question #2, you did say "supporting your healer and dps teammates". I was also assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that the healer would be supporting the tank in return as well. So that's why I said it was rather low. Yes 300k is harder if you're on an all dps team/have no support.

Edited by Ridickilis

Just want to point out in your question #2, you did say "supporting your healer and dps teammates". I was also assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that the healer would be supporting the tank in return as well. So that's why I said it was rather low. Yes 300k is harder if you're on an all dps team/have no support.

I figured as much mate, as I stated 'How to support your Tank' is a whole other thread . . .

1) Who cares about medals? Anyone with a taunt should max medals out in a couple minutes.

2) Who gives MVP votes to the best geared/productive players? Give them to the guy who doesn't have any gear so he can get obroan quicker. The extra coms from MVP votes aren't going to help the guy who is grinding brutalizer. People who evaluate off the scoreboard generally have low game awareness.

You would think (IKR?), but it's extremely rare to see any substantial protection numbers at the end of matches. I'm not even talking about all dps spec'ed Juggs/Sins/PT's (who are still nabs for not using taunt at all). I'm talking one in dark charge, one in Soresu and one in Ion Cell and still not one of them with 25k protection or more. That's like... I don't even have the words to describe how pathetic that is.

Depends on how the warzone pans out. In Huttball my powertech is generally going to be the ball carrier, which means in turn that i'll be the one coming under focus fire. Which means many taunts will be useless, and guarding can be detrimental due to eating the focus from the team, and to the guy i'm guarding.

Ancient Hypergate, i'll generally go and guard the Pylon, which can result in very low protection as i'll only have the oppertunity to guard/taunt during the discharge period. (this can also be the case in Civil War and Novare Coast, due to the fact that nobody ever wants to guard an objective)

In regards to lack of support, i still don't think it's at all difficult to reach 200k+, even without a healer.