Sloppy and/or malcontent in-game support

Kogull_x

I'M POSTING THIS HERE BRECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHERE ELSE I CAN MAKE A COMPLAINT.

On Nov.11th I submitted a ticket because I could not retrieve purple-black striated crystals from my collection on a specific character. I was eligible for the March 2015 subscription rewards and i got the crystals and used them (to unlock them in collections) with all my alts including the one with the problem. However this specific alt cannot retrieve the crystals from collections.

2 days later I got the following response from a tech support agent:

Hello Kogull_x,

My name is Abhishikt. Thanks for contacting the Star Wars: The Old Republic customer service team concerning the Black-Purple Striated crystals unlocked in the collections.

I’ve replied to your ticket in-game, you’ll find the answer below too.

I have checked and can see that you have all four advanced black purple striated crystals unlocked in collections and the copies of the itemcan be retrieved on any of the character on your account.

You can check back on the details of this case, and all your other cases, in-game.

Click on Request Help or press Ctrl and / to open your case history.

Regards,

Abhishikt G

I went and checked and to my disappointment the problem remains. The tech support agent has either lied to me or done a sloppy job. More to that he had the nerve to close the ticket without my consent, thus preventing me to reply. I'm wondering if this is standard practicew or knew he had done a sloppy job and did it on purpose.

Anyeway, you can see the problem in the following screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/aaUVs6g.png

I oppened another ticket. Let's see what they'll reply.

"Hello, I'm writting a follow up for ticket 34045086 I submitted a few days ago. I have to say i'm terribly disappointed as your tech support agent either did a very sloppy job and also closed the ticket preventing me to reply. The problem I described remains, and is NOT as your colleague states. I have taken a screenshot of the problem and you can see it at the following address: https://i.imgur.com/aaUVs6g.png I would really appreciate it if you did a thorough job this time in contrast to the sloppy job your colleage did. Thank you in advance."

Edited by Kogull_x

Sloppy job. I’ve had these sorts of reports many items, I’ve just given up with them. If something doesn’t work anymore (that is didn’t pay for), I just chalk it up to another Swtor bug.

I know that doesn’t help you, but after 8 years, CS has only gotten worse and most of the time it’s not worth my time to make the post or get worked up.

Genuinely, I wish you good luck and I hope they fix the issue for you. But best guess is this thread will be removed and you’ll need to call them to get this sorted out.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Sloppy job. I’ve had these sorts of reports many items, I’ve just given up with them. If something doesn’t work anymore (that is didn’t pay for), I just chalk it up to another Swtor bug.

I know that doesn’t help you, but after 8 years, CS has only gotten worse and most of the time it’s not worth my time to make the post or get worked up.

Genuinely, I wish you good luck and I hope they fix the issue for you. But best guess is this thread will be removed and you’ll need to call them to get this sorted out.

+1

It's so often absolutely pointless to even try to talk to them and I've given up as well which might have been their initial goal in the first place given what an outstanding/unique in the industry incompetent cs they offer. It's a mixture of cluelessness about the game altogether, not willing to help at all (rather trying to find 1001 reasons not to help instead), a lack of even basic reading comprehension and whatnot. Ridiculous, in 9 of 10 cases.

Edited by Khaleg

I will admit that I am rather surprised reading this, because I don't recall ever having had a bad interaction with Customer Support. Naturally, this is not to invalidate your experience which remains a valid concern, but CS has always been incredibly helpful to me. They've always wonderfully helped me restore a character if I deleted them too soon or too carelessly. And I have always received very helpful and informative responses when I encountered a bug, or had a problem with a mission or item, the team quickly fixing it for me. The longest I have ever waited for a CS ticket to be responded to was three days, I believe, but never longer for sure.

Naturally, my own positive experience with CS doesn't invalidate yours. Maybe they were swamped that day with CS tickets and had to fix a lot already and thus were tired when they got your issue? Of course, that's a form of sloppiness and criticism has to be given when it is due, like in this case. Tickets are automatically closed however, when a CS agent has responded to it, or at least, that's been my experience with them. I hope they'll be able to help you with your issue soon, though, because I see how this is highly frustrating. Maybe you can reach out to Eric Musco directly to report your situation and complaint? You could send him a PM over these forums or otherwise an e-mail, if you prefer the latter way!

Also, just to make sure: are you sure you're looking at the correct item and page in your collections? There are several black crystals and the thought crossed my mind that maybe you looked at the incorrect one when trying to claim it on your character? I recall a situation where I was about to contact CS over a similar issue, only then noticing I was staring at the wrong page in Collections. Of course, please say so if I misunderstood your issue!

Edited by Ylliarus

I'M POSTING THIS HERE BRECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHERE ELSE I CAN MAKE A COMPLAINT.

On Nov.11th I submitted a ticket because I could not retrieve purple-black striated crystals from my collection on a specific character. I was eligible for the March 2015 subscription rewards and i got the crystals and used them (to unlock them in collections) with all my alts including the one with the problem. However this specific alt cannot retrieve the crystals from collections.

2 days later I got the following response from a tech support agent:

Hello Kogull_x,

My name is Abhishikt. Thanks for contacting the Star Wars: The Old Republic customer service team concerning the Black-Purple Striated crystals unlocked in the collections.

I’ve replied to your ticket in-game, you’ll find the answer below too.

I have checked and can see that you have all four advanced black purple striated crystals unlocked in collections and the copies of the itemcan be retrieved on any of the character on your account.

You can check back on the details of this case, and all your other cases, in-game.

Click on Request Help or press Ctrl and / to open your case history.

Regards,

Abhishikt G

I went and checked and to my disappointment the problem remains. The tech support agent has either lied to me or done a sloppy job. More to that he had the nerve to close the ticket without my consent, thus preventing me to reply. I'm wondering if this is standard practicew or knew he had done a sloppy job and did it on purpose.

Anyeway, you can see the problem in the following screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/aaUVs6g.png

I oppened another ticket. Let's see what they'll reply.

"Hello, I'm writting a follow up for ticket 34045086 I submitted a few days ago. I have to say i'm terribly disappointed as your tech support agent either did a very sloppy job and also closed the ticket preventing me to reply. The problem I described remains, and is NOT as your colleague states. I have taken a screenshot of the problem and you can see it at the following address: https://i.imgur.com/aaUVs6g.png I would really appreciate it if you did a thorough job this time in contrast to the sloppy job your colleage did. Thank you in advance."

I had a very similar experience recently, although for a different issue. I'm a returning player (which btw, I'll add the disclaimer that my return at the time of an expansion is purely coincidental so I'm not here for the expansion). It's been many years and many things have changed, of course. I noticed on my old characters that the matrix cubes were gone. Did some internet searching and found some old threads that they went missing, things changed, and the matrix shards were supposed to have been returned to the players so they could reassemble them with the new type cubes. Also saw some old patch notes that a "bug" was fixed and that all matrix shards had been returned to those who hadn't gotten them back.

So onward. I put in a ticket to say I had not received my matrix shards back. The response I got via email, not in-game, after about a week was that the matrix shards "no longer exist in the game." And the canned "sorry for the blah blah" and all that. lol. Even I knew they still exist since my new characters can collect them and assemble cubes.

And that bit in the response that says they responded in game and also in the email, is false in my case. The ticket in game still has no response and it's been about a week ago I got the email. Any attempts to add to the ticket in-game won't work. I keep getting a message the "Sorry" it can't be updated at this time, try again later.

So I sent a response to the email politely informing him that yes, the matrix shards do exist in the game since my new characters are able to get them and use them. I got back another email yesterday with a disjointed few sentences about how the datacrons, matrix shards, and cubes are obsolete anyway and not worth pursuing. lol. Yeah I knew that too. But I like datacrons, cubes, etc. So sue me. That was irrelevant to my issue that the shards were never returned to me.

I do realize that it's been so many years they may have no way to know which shards I should have had anyway, and had that been my answer, I could accept that. Instead I get told they don't even exist in the game any more. Tthe point of my making this post is to agree with you that they really do need to educate the CS people better, or at the least provide better ways for them to find information. The first response that the shards & cubes no longer exist in the game is, to me, an indication that something is severely lacking in the CS department.

Edited by VarnieTsk

+1

It's so often absolutely pointless to even try to talk to them and I've given up as well which might have been their initial goal in the first place given what an outstanding/unique in the industry incompetent cs they offer. It's a mixture of cluelessness about the game altogether, not willing to help at all (rather trying to find 1001 reasons not to help instead), a lack of even basic reading comprehension and whatnot. Ridiculous, in 9 of 10 cases.

This here, 100%.

Wait?

They have CS in this game?

Most of my tickets over the years have just gone into a black hole, the few that I've gotten a response have typically been a copy / paste excuse and / or totally irrelevant to the issue being raised.

The one time I had issues with billing, it took 45 minutes to get someone on the phone, who while trying to help, kept quoting nonsense made up excuses from their scrips, only to finally say 'try buying a time card from our Origin store - sometimes that works', which miracle of miracles it did, on the very same card CS had been telling me was being declined by my bank (which it was not as I did check).

Anyways, this is the norm these days as corporations outsource and offshore CS functions to the cheapest location on the planet, looking at it only as an expense to mitigate, not a service to provide to customers for actual support.

Edited by DawnAskham