Musco: LvL 75 Tank gear dropping for deception sins

TrixxieTriss

Hi Eric,

Getting Preserver’s and Trishin’s set bonus tank gear and Ward of the Continuum tactical dropping as group flash point rewards when there is only two deception Assassins in the group (DPS)

I know on the PTS you were able to get this fixed, but this seems to have made it into the live game.

Can you please ask the team to look at fixing this ASAP. So far I’ve received 4 pieces, my wife has 5 and the tactical.

And before you ask, yes, we have the loot discipline set to current (deception). When that didn’t work, we set it manually to Deception and it made no difference.

This happened in Red reaper and Hammer Station.

Please Eric, “you’re our only hope” :csw_r2d2::hope_04:

Same thing happened to me (also a Deception Assassin). Got tank gear upon tank gear for whatever strange reason. Then it suddenly stopped (this far at least).. and i've only been getting "appropriate" DPS pieces for a day or so. I didn't change the character in any way, so i have no idea what might have caused it.

Same thing happened to me (also a Deception Assassin). Got tank gear upon tank gear for whatever strange reason. Then it suddenly stopped (this far at least).. and i've only been getting "appropriate" DPS pieces for a day or so. I didn't change the character in any way, so i have no idea what might have caused it.

Were you in a group doing flash points or were you solo?

Correct me if I'm wrong but there was a post on the PTS forums where he said they were simply reducing the likelihood of getting gear from other sets because they still wanted to allow for progression while playing another sec. So yeah, less rng instead of none. I get the stated intention (though I'm so jaded and cynical now that I also assume it's to squeeze what they can out of the gear grind) but these weren't issues back in 3.x.

Haven't played sin at all yet so can't confirm nor deny, but try adjusting you Loot Discipline setting and see if that does anything for you. Set it to DPS loot if it's tank or automated and see if that does anything. I use these settings all the time to score alt spec gear. Edited by Kiesu

Haven't played sin at all yet so can't confirm nor deny, but try adjusting you Loot Discipline setting and see if that does anything for you. Set it to DPS loot if it's tank or automated and see if that does anything. I use these settings all the time to score alt spec gear.

Did that already. (I posted it in my OP ;))

Correct me if I'm wrong but there was a post on the PTS forums where he said they were simply reducing the likelihood of getting gear from other sets because they still wanted to allow for progression while playing another sec. So yeah, less rng instead of none. I get the stated intention (though I'm so jaded and cynical now that I also assume it's to squeeze what they can out of the gear grind) but these weren't issues back in 3.x.

They changed it so that dps wouldn’t get tank drops.

Also since I made this thread I’ve received 2 more tank tactical’s and 2 more pieces of tank set bonus. My wife nearly has a full set now.

This wouldn’t be so bad, but neither of us plays a tank and the gear is worthless to sell (4000 credits) or to deconstruct I got 4 tech frags.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Loot spec doesn't work - whether bugged or by design (which begs the question - why add such an option?)

I do not have a single healing character, and none of my characters have loot spec set to a healing discipline, and yet I have a full set of healer set gear for sorc / sage, and two or three pieces of healer set gear for my merc.

NONE of them have revived an actual class dps set item, though I have gotten a generic set piece or two.

Also why are class set items restricted from being equipped by other classes (just the equippart not the set bonus itself)?

I mean the bonuses have always been restricted - but I could still equip the sets on any class using bind to legacy gear, the restriction against using on other characters just clutters up my inventory as I ave to keep a bunch of random non-set items to use on alts while getting more sets.

Edited by DawnAskham

Loot spec doesn't work - whether bugged or by design (which begs the question - why add such an option?)

I do not have a single healing character, and none of my characters have loot spec set to a healing discipline, and yet I have a full set of healer set gear for sorc / sage, and two or three pieces of healer set gear for my merc.

NONE of them have revived an actual class dps set item, though I have gotten a generic set piece or two.

Also why are class set items restricted from being equipped by other classes (just the equippart not the set bonus itself)?

I mean the bonuses have always been restricted - but I could still equip the sets on any class using bind to legacy gear, the restriction against using on other characters just clutters up my inventory as I ave to keep a bunch of random non-set items to use on alts while getting more sets.

They fixed it so it would work on the pts. So I’m not sure why it’s not working live.

You get the random drops for your characters' subclasses, not specs, from Flashpoints. You get specific spec loot only from personal rewards, like Conquest caches, renown, etc. This works fine by me. This isn't fine by me when you got a duplicate, but otherwise it's ok, imo. Edited by Mafusail

You get the random drops for your characters' subclasses, not specs, from Flashpoints. You get specific spec loot only from personal rewards, like Conquest caches, renown, etc. This works fine by me. This isn't fine by me when you got a duplicate, but otherwise it's ok, imo.

And world-drop gear just ignores it totally, I guess, because that's the only way to explain tank gear on a Commando.

You get the random drops for your characters' subclasses, not specs, from Flashpoints. You get specific spec loot only from personal rewards, like Conquest caches, renown, etc. This works fine by me. This isn't fine by me when you got a duplicate, but otherwise it's ok, imo.

Wrong - I've gotten a full set of healer gear from conquest boxes when characters are dps spec set to dps spec loot.

Specifically madness / balance sorc / sage (I've gotten nothing but one generic item and a full set of healer set gear) and a merc (tactical first week, healer set gear this week.

ALL are in dps spec with loot spec set to current / dps spec.

Edited by DawnAskham

It seems to only be a problem with classes that have two different role specs. ie, if you class has tank and dps specs, it’s drops tank gear for dps and tank gear for tank??

If your class has a healer and dps spec, it drops the opposite to what you are one?

Bioware why are you being so silent on this issue. At least tell us you are working on it so we can take a break from reminding you every day :rolleyes:

Missing a fix to this problem in the 6.0.1 patch notes. Why are you ignoring this problem??

Eric, can we at least have a yellow post to confirm you’ve seen these threads and post to tell us wether it’s working as intended or as many of us suspect, is not working currently.

• 1 month later...