Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

it's annoying to be Healer / Tank , and remove the Hit Rating stat already

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
it's annoying to be Healer / Tank , and remove the Hit Rating stat already

banimoka
11.16.2017 , 01:25 PM | #1
- the constant switching from Heal <> DPS is very annoying
- the buttons are not saved , the Utility Points are not saved
- and u have to change gear too because of the " stupid " Hit Rating stat that for some reason still plagues this game 5 years after it was released

- make an option to save 2 specs
- and while u are at it remove tanking gear from the game and let tanks be viable with the same gear they do dps in
* give Dual Specialization ( with saved Keybinds / Action Bars / Utility Points )
* give Vaylin ( Light Side Sith Sorcerer / Dark Side Sith Warrior )

Equeliber
11.16.2017 , 02:25 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by banimoka View Post
- and u have to change gear too because of the " stupid " Hit Rating stat that for some reason still plagues this game 5 years after it was released
- and while u are at it remove tanking gear from the game and let tanks be viable with the same gear they do dps in
We all agree that saving ability placement and utilities would be amazing.

But these 2 things you said... Oh god.

FlameYOL
11.17.2017 , 10:08 AM | #3
Having presets saved would be excellent. But removing tanking gear... no... just no...
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

casirabit
11.17.2017 , 10:58 AM | #4
Even I (who has never played a tank) know that removing tank gear is not a smart idea.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

KendraP
11.17.2017 , 01:26 PM | #5
While I would like to not have to constantly change ability placement between tank and dps specs on my main, I strongly oppose getting rid of tank gear. I'm fact, I wish they'd make it somehow useful for PvP as well.

banimoka
11.17.2017 , 05:31 PM | #6
Quote:
But removing tanking gear... no... just no...
- u can't really be serious , how can u enjoy walking around with 2 sets of gear all the time all the time
- enter dungeon - ... switch to tank gear ....
- exit dungeon - do a daily ... switch to dps gear
- another dungeon - ...switch to tank gear ....
- the constant updating all the gear , and u don't even know if u need absorb or shield rating , i'm not even going to go into the credit cost
* give Dual Specialization ( with saved Keybinds / Action Bars / Utility Points )
* give Vaylin ( Light Side Sith Sorcerer / Dark Side Sith Warrior )

KendraP
11.17.2017 , 05:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by banimoka View Post
- u can't really be serious , how can u enjoy walking around with 2 sets of gear all the time all the time
- enter dungeon - ... switch to tank gear ....
- exit dungeon - do a daily ... switch to dps gear
- another dungeon - ...switch to tank gear ....
- the constant updating all the gear , and u don't even know if u need absorb or shield rating , i'm not even going to go into the credit cost
Lol I have 3 sets of gear I use regularly.

For PvE tanking, the def/shield/absob is useful. If you don't run it you're being heal carried as a tank.

For PvP tanking, I don't find it useful, thus i run tank armoring with high endurance power/alacrity/crit mods and enhancements. (I.e. skank setup).

For dps I have a dps set (duh lol).

If you don't want to swap to tank in a FP don't queue as tank. Simple enough really. I run heroics/dailies as a tank waiting for queues all the time.

Toraak
11.17.2017 , 06:35 PM | #8
OP, I'd never allow a tank in a group I was in without tank gear. I'd boot them out. Simple reason Healing a tank without Mitigation is a PiTA for the healers. Having multiple sets of gear really isn't much of an issue especially with Operation bosses droping loot since April. The previous poster is 100% correct. If you do not want to tank, don't have it checked before you queu.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Exocor
11.17.2017 , 06:53 PM | #9
Removing Tank Gear and having some sort of multi-stat-gear would be very interesting. That would prevent the skank-tank-issue in PvP.

So, we just put Tank-Stats on the normal gear and give Tanks a passive, that Crit/Alacrity Rating don't have any effect on them. The same buff can be given to DPS regarding Defense, Shield and Absorb. We can possibly trigger that effect via the equipped Offhand. Shield = Shield+Absorb+Defense, everything else = Crit, Accuracy, Alacrity. That would probably allow Skank-Tanks without a shield generator, but that shouldn't be a major problem.

The reason is easy: When you want to do more DPS, spec DPS, when you want to receive less damage, spec Tank. There should not be a major problem, farming dailys with a bit lesser damage, or even in DPS-spec.
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

KendraP
11.20.2017 , 08:58 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Exocor View Post
Removing Tank Gear and having some sort of multi-stat-gear would be very interesting. That would prevent the skank-tank-issue in PvP.

So, we just put Tank-Stats on the normal gear and give Tanks a passive, that Crit/Alacrity Rating don't have any effect on them. The same buff can be given to DPS regarding Defense, Shield and Absorb. We can possibly trigger that effect via the equipped Offhand. Shield = Shield+Absorb+Defense, everything else = Crit, Accuracy, Alacrity. That would probably allow Skank-Tanks without a shield generator, but that shouldn't be a major problem.

The reason is easy: When you want to do more DPS, spec DPS, when you want to receive less damage, spec Tank. There should not be a major problem, farming dailys with a bit lesser damage, or even in DPS-spec.
The issue with skank tanks is half gear and half the dps specs of guardians and VG quite frankly suckin PvP. Not because they can't do damage but because they die in seconds. Fix this issue and the skanks that are fed up dps that don't tank PvP properly anyway might go back, no?

As for tanks who skank in PvP (i.e. me) I do it because tank gear does nothing for my survivability. Contrary to what appears to be mistaken popular belief. I do not do more dps than a dps character. I have aoe fluff and greater survivability and that leads to high damage numbers.