Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

READ!!! It's to your advantage, promise, me. it's a quick post.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
READ!!! It's to your advantage, promise, me. it's a quick post.

Letsjet
11.04.2017 , 09:48 AM | #1
In the 60-70 range. the 70's are maxed gear.
What are the move useful characters that are OP or more importantly op soon so I can level to that.
The only reason I ask is that I need the extra power to relearn the game and to help uvershadow my lack of knowing the ops until I do.
I plsy on Beregen, Jedi, Ebon, Prophesy, and the Red Eclypse ( I have a 950MB/s connection, 500ish wifi - like day raids)
This is very I.portant to my and I have wht might be considered "artifacts?: form 2011/12 to trade for good information.
we, can talk on vocie chat about particulars. Please respond here. I will make it woth your while if your information is soud.
Thanks!
Letsjet
"I see you have constructed a new light saber. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen."

RikuvonDrake
11.04.2017 , 11:02 AM | #2
Play whatever you feel is funny, you might wanna focus on school primarily and not spend to much time in video games.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

Letsjet
11.04.2017 , 11:19 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Play whatever you feel is funny, you might wanna focus on school primarily and not spend to much time in video games.
I'm a retired lawyer (43) from a practice in International drug conspiracy defense and and asset forfeiture focusing on tossing Multi-Later-Assistance-Treaty (MLAT) claims filed by various U.S. Attorneys Jurisdictions out on motion.
Hated it!
BUT, now, I'm a stay at home dad now :-) Returning to SWTOR.
"I see you have constructed a new light saber. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen."

supertimtaf
11.04.2017 , 11:27 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Letsjet View Post
What are the move useful characters that are OP or more importantly op soon so I can level to that.
The only reason I ask is that I need the extra power to relearn the game and to help uvershadow my lack of knowing the ops until I do.
This is purely an advice, but since you seem to be one of those FOTM players (Flavour of the month)...
just know that whatever class you play, you'll still get your *ss kicked if you don't play it well.
There isn't a "god-like" class that can faceroll through any kind of content, or a class that is "easy to master". Every class can level up quickly to max level without specific knowledge about it.
Just pick the class that seem interesting to you, learn the mechanics of your spec and that's it. This has always been like that, a good player on a "bad" class will always be better than a FOTM player who don't know the basics.

As for the Operations, I would advise you to check on Dulfy, who has the most complete guides on every operations and almost every class, while still being noob-friendly.

Hope this has helped you, sorry for the "rude" tone, but you gotta understand that no class will get you through the whole game like that. Every class in this game is easy to play, but hard to master. And for Operations, you can still be on a class that seem OP, but if you don't know how to apply the mechanics, you'll just make your group wipe like anyone else. Everyone is equal on this point, you just gotta learn, and not try to "cheat" your way through the system.

Cya in game, maybe
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Letsjet
11.04.2017 , 11:34 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
This is purely an advice, but since you seem to be one of those FOTM players (Flavour of the month)...
just know that whatever class you play, you'll still get your *ss kicked if you don't play it well.
There isn't a "god-like" class that can faceroll through any kind of content, or a class that is "easy to master". Every class can level up quickly to max level without specific knowledge about it.
Just pick the class that seem interesting to you, learn the mechanics of your spec and that's it. This has always been like that, a good player on a "bad" class will always be better than a FOTM player who don't know the basics.

As for the Operations, I would advise you to check on Dulfy, who has the most complete guides on every operations and almost every class, while still being noob-friendly.

Hope this has helped you, sorry for the "rude" tone, but you gotta understand that no class will get you through the whole game like that. Every class in this game is easy to play, but hard to master. And for Operations, you can still be on a class that seem OP, but if you don't know how to apply the mechanics, you'll just make your group wipe like anyone else. Everyone is equal on this point, you just gotta learn, and not try to "cheat" your way through the system.

Cya in game, maybe
Supertim - I promise I'm not a FOTM. I'm considering using a FOTM character to relearn the changes, rules and controls on the sologame. them use a a DPS or combo dps and off heals to learn instances, then finally level and gear my hot dps and one of my tanks when mastered.
I'm only asking for a class that is in the top three at the moment to learn the changes, and only in the single player game.
I don't chance FOTM. Not even Since Everqust in 1999.
Any suggestions?

Sabachthanus
11.04.2017 , 12:59 PM | #6
Arsenal Mercenary/Gunnery Commando. DPS got a nerf, but even with the upcoming defensive nerfs, it will be the go-to FOTM class. One defensive will heal you to 60%, another gives 40% heals, another reflects and heals on hit. Has self/off heals.

Alternatively, Fury Marauder. Will have the highest DPS in the game after the next update. Powerful damage reduction DCD's, but little self heals and no off heals. Simple rotation.
How do you know I'm not a Colicoid?

Letsjet
11.04.2017 , 04:31 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabachthanus View Post
Arsenal Mercenary/Gunnery Commando. DPS got a nerf, but even with the upcoming defensive nerfs, it will be the go-to FOTM class. One defensive will heal you to 60%, another gives 40% heals, another reflects and heals on hit. Has self/off heals.

Alternatively, Fury Marauder. Will have the highest DPS in the game after the next update. Powerful damage reduction DCD's, but little self heals and no off heals. Simple rotation.
I really like merc, but mine usually regulated to healing. although that may be perfect to learn the instances. I've been using Duffy for for years. Great for loot crate previews.
The Mara have me pretty fire. I love mara's, but their rotation was hard as hell, so I stayed with my sniper. Is a Mara still mainly pvp or is the soft rotation high enough to do adequate DPS during ops?

Sabachthanus
11.04.2017 , 10:18 PM | #8
AFAIK, the highest DPS required in SM ops is 6k or so. Fury has the highest parse right now, at 10789. You should be good with a soft rotation, and Fury is the easiest of the three specs - no clipping or DoT management. The high DPS parse referred to above has something of rotation here:

http://parsely.io/parser/view/318658/0
How do you know I'm not a Colicoid?

mrdrsenorpeanut
12.09.2017 , 03:19 PM | #9
How, exactly, is this to my

advantage?
Satele Shan:
Vice
Star Forge:
Your Companion