Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sentinel or Guardian?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Sentinel or Guardian?

ncupton
01.25.2012 , 12:00 AM | #31
If you ever lag whatsoever sentinel is VERY unforgiving compared to other classes I've played!
(T|///////////IΓ‾T‾[███████████████████████████████████████) Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Dizzident
01.25.2012 , 12:37 AM | #32
I love the Sentinel. Yea, it could use some fixes but tbh, they really don't have to tweak a lot, because it's kind of bordering overpowered.

Very gear dependent though, and I imagine it isn't much different for a Guardian.

You also have to toy around with builds, since it's a class for which you really need to find *your* way to play it in order to enjoy it, more so than other adv classes I've tried.

Brockdaywatch
01.25.2012 , 01:01 AM | #33
The thing with Sentinel's is that they can deal out significant damage in a very short period of time. On the other hand, you can die fairly quickly.

Mal-Sharran
01.25.2012 , 01:18 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Brockdaywatch View Post
The thing with Sentinel's is that they can deal out significant damage in a very short period of time. On the other hand, you can die fairly quickly.
Between Saber Ward, Rebuke, Guarded by the Force, Pacify (90% melee/ranged hit chance reduction) Force Camo (which if you spec Watchman, can be 4 seconds of 100% damage reduction) Awe, Force Stasis and Call on the Force, which resets the cd on Saber Ward...the only time I die is in extreme situations or when I'm caught with all of my defensive abilities on cd.

We're really quite well equipped.
I'd say 'IMHO', but it would be a lie. I'm not humble, and everything I say is stone cold fact.

Tekzerand
01.25.2012 , 04:36 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Mal-Sharran View Post
Sorry, not trying to nitpick, but I don't know where you got your info. I'm a 50 Sentinel and my Master Strike routinely hits for 4k+, I use it every single time it's up. And as Combat spec, it roots the target in place for the duration, so it always does full damage.
Ok my bad; haven't gotten my Sent as high as my Guardian. Although I doubt you use it as much since you don't have an ability to refresh it's cooldown. And in your next post you mentioned hammering your opponent down. When I said that I didn't actually mean in terms of burst DPS, I meant in the way the attacks feel. The animations and feeling of my Vigi Dps is much that of just battering them down while my Sent feels more like I'm dancing circles around them chewing them up circa the prequel lightsaber fights.

XjediXrf
01.25.2012 , 07:53 PM | #36
Guardian it is then.
A wise man once said,"Get the heck out you trolls!"