Competition for usefulness in 8man and pve in general.

Aazendi

Hi,

I rolled a sith sorc simply to heal end game (BOTH PVP and PVE). I realise that in PVP, we are extremely flexible due to our shield and mobility. Here we don't really have to compete about "being picked" like I worry about in end game pve.

Currently, if an 8 man raid needs 2 healers, it seems like the Op and Merc are a lot more versatile in keeping people alive effortlessly. Op for raid healing, Merc for tank and burst. So where does the sorc fit in? We have no insta heals, the shield has a bit of a CD to spam in preparation of incoming raid burst, our fast heal is rather weak and force consuming and we have no insta "ho **** button" except for the shield that gets eaten up pretty quick, especially by stronger mobs.

Will sorcs get singled out of use or taken as second best or do we actually have a chance to stand well as healers in pve end game?

(I played a druid in wow, loved it so much and I was good at it. I know sorc has been compared to disc priest a little and that worries me since I have zero experience with this kind of a healer and it looks a little crippled to me).

Thanks for any and all thoughts! :)

- A level 30 who is too attached to her lightsaber to consider a reroll.

Hi,

I rolled a sith sorc simply to heal end game (BOTH PVP and PVE). I realise that in PVP, we are extremely flexible due to our shield and mobility. Here we don't really have to compete about "being picked" like I worry about in end game pve.

Currently, if an 8 man raid needs 2 healers, it seems like the Op and Merc are a lot more versatile in keeping people alive effortlessly. Op for raid healing, Merc for tank and burst. So where does the sorc fit in? We have no insta heals, the shield has a bit of a CD to spam in preparation of incoming raid burst, our fast heal is rather weak and force consuming and we have no insta "ho **** button" except for the shield that gets eaten up pretty quick, especially by stronger mobs.

Will sorcs get singled out of use or taken as second best or do we actually have a chance to stand well as healers in pve end game?

(I played a druid in wow, loved it so much and I was good at it. I know sorc has been compared to disc priest a little and that worries me since I have zero experience with this kind of a healer and it looks a little crippled to me).

1. Yes you do have an instant heal. Also an instant shield.

2. Force should be almost a non issue with the short duration of most fights and consumption effectively becoming free with enough crit.

3. Yes you do have an Oh **** button. You get a crit CD and an instant shield.

4. You have the best raid healing in the game by a mile with your 31 point talent.

5. You really have nothing to worry about.

I honestly couldn't tell if this post is a joke or not...

Naw, it wasn't a joke.

Overall - thanks guys. I was going based on a post comparing the three healers, and they pretty much did not bring up any of these strengths you are pointing out. Looks like a lot of fun now that I've bumped up the levels.

Hahahah, please. Sage/Sorc have no issues with either main tank, or raid healing... OPs/scoundrels on the other hand, have issues healing main tank, and BH/Commandos have issues party healing.

You are the most versatile healer in the game, and have hands down the greatest AoE heal available.

Hi,

You forget one thing xD in normal modes you'll only need one full healer on a 8 ppl OP if you have some peaces of gear. In Hardmodes you need two, but im unlucky with my gear and i'll have to see if i can't heal some bosses solo :) .

Today i see an impresive 13k heal from our BH who had all beneficial buffs up. Thats something i dream off, 13k that are 2-3 gcd on my sorc hand :) .

but after all merc and op need a slight buff to get better in what they are thought for.

Hahahah, please. Sage/Sorc have no issues with either main tank, or raid healing... OPs/scoundrels on the other hand, have issues healing main tank, and BH/Commandos have issues party healing.

You are the most versatile healer in the game, and have hands down the greatest AoE heal available.

Any good player will know all 3 healer types have their strengths and weaknesses. No healer is better than another. It boils down to the person behind the keyboard. For example, Mercenaries are seen more as tank healers (and they are) but can handle AOE healing well if played right.

Having played all 3 healers, I can say that Sith Sorcerer is definitely new-healer-friendly playstyle making it a good choice for many players. The other two require a bit more effort to play but pays off if mastered.

My point: All 3 healers are beast if played with the appropriate skill level.

Any good player will know all 3 healer types have their strengths and weaknesses. No healer is better than another. It boils down to the person behind the keyboard. For example, Mercenaries are seen more as tank healers (and they are) but can handle AOE healing well if played right.

Having played all 3 healers, I can say that Sith Sorcerer is definitely new-healer-friendly playstyle making it a good choice for many players. The other two require a bit more effort to play but pays off if mastered.

My point: All 3 healers are beast if played with the appropriate skill level.

I have a hard time believing you really have three max level healers with enough end-game healing experience to make this kind of claim. Your claim that "no healer is better than another" is highly questionable considering the number of people contradicting you. If you want to say that all three specs can heal acceptably, I'd agree. But to say all of them are equal.... no.