Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are there an abundance of tanks?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Are there an abundance of tanks?

Liralen
01.23.2012 , 12:45 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan-the-knight View Post
pfeh, i did the Black Talon at lvl 10 with only three dudes in my group( me included), all DPS, i was a marauder, one sniper, one Sorceror, and the sorceror didnt train his heal at the time, he was broke and we used my vette Companion, it went easy enough
Black Talon is designed for only two people. No doubt it can be solo-ed. In fact, I couldn't keep the tank healed our first attempt, because the we didn't know not to stand in the fire on first boss. So we completed that encounter with just a healer and one dps the first time.

Windkull
01.23.2012 , 09:35 AM | #12
I must say that there is a huge overabundance of tanking and lack of good dps for operations (too many tanks in my guild), and I'm actually thinking about going DPS because we hit enrage too often but I have probably the best tank gear in the guild and MT our ops so thats probably not the best idea anyway (I probably also do somewhat competitive dps as a tank)...

Really tempted to roll a ranged dps though to bring in some firepower on demand.

Aikagi
01.24.2012 , 09:44 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Windkull View Post
I must say that there is a huge overabundance of tanking and lack of good dps for operations (too many tanks in my guild), and I'm actually thinking about going DPS because we hit enrage too often but I have probably the best tank gear in the guild and MT our ops so thats probably not the best idea anyway (I probably also do somewhat competitive dps as a tank)...

Really tempted to roll a ranged dps though to bring in some firepower on demand.
Heh, similar issue here. I've made myself a Sorc alt which I'm slowly levelling up.

You certainly don't find it hard to get groups for flashpoints, on my server tanks are by far the most asked for when it comes to HMs, with healer naturally coming second. Guilds doing operations is another thing though, due to operations only requiring one tank, two at the most.
(█████████████████████}|█]╬╬╬█|{█████████████████████)

Sylriana
01.24.2012 , 01:39 PM | #14
I don't know. Whenever I'm on my Sorc or Operative, I can never find tanks. Every assassin I've met is DPS, and so are most of the juggernauts. Half of the power techs I've seen are tanks though (partly because there's some stigma against PT/vanguard tanks and partly because I've only met 3)

But when I'm on my Vanguard or Shadow.... every group already has one.

In general though the balance seems better at first glance than other MMOs I've played though

Themeatmarket
01.25.2012 , 07:02 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sylriana View Post
But when I'm on my Vanguard or Shadow.... every group already has one.

In general though the balance seems better at first glance than other MMOs I've played though
Ya, nearly every call in general 'LFM' is calling for a dps rather than a tank (healer is still the most in demand on my server)...My guild is even worse. Not only are there a ton of tanks, they're all Vanguard (my class)...

And hey, that's great...I may actually be able to roll a dps in this game without waiting a lifetime to get a group...

note: the only caveat I have is that I bet that those at level 50 atm are the more dedicated players who go to great lengths to play their class really well...With the pressure associated with tanking, usually those are the types that roll tank...The idiots are probably still on their way up with their uber l77t dps skilzz...Ready to impress us by how readily they pull aggro on that mob across the room...