Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf Guard!

Rafiknoll
02.15.2018 , 04:42 PM | #351
Quote: Originally Posted by trashy_spartan View Post
Good or bad?
Time will tell. I really hope they will target their defenses and not their damage. I can picture all these PVE bosses enraging...

Foambreaker
02.15.2018 , 05:42 PM | #352
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafiknoll View Post
Time will tell. I really hope they will target their defenses and not their damage. I can picture all these PVE bosses enraging...
Forum For Those Who Care About Enrage Timers

PvP doesn't have bosses...
Only bads need to defend PvP advantages...

Raansu
02.25.2018 , 01:08 PM | #353
Yay, another match today with an unkillable healer/tank combo. So glad we have such a broken ability that has no CD, no resource and can just sit on the player indefinitely. I love doing 3 million damage and having 1 kill. Such fun when no one dies in pvp.

KendraP
02.25.2018 , 03:23 PM | #354
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Yay, another match today with an unkillable healer/tank combo. So glad we have such a broken ability that has no CD, no resource and can just sit on the player indefinitely. I love doing 3 million damage and having 1 kill. Such fun when no one dies in pvp.
First, try interrupting a guarded healer. As the tank who frequently guards healers, a focused and interrupted healer makes my life very difficult.

Second, you're all probably getting your wish. We'll see what happens but given the history of balance changes either the result of the skanking nerf will be negligible or it will completely make tanking obsolete in pvp.

Also can we please let this thread die already.

DavidAtkinson
02.25.2018 , 03:49 PM | #355
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
First, try interrupting a guarded healer. As the tank who frequently guards healers, a focused and interrupted healer makes my life very difficult.

Second, you're all probably getting your wish. We'll see what happens but given the history of balance changes either the result of the skanking nerf will be negligible or it will completely make tanking obsolete in pvp.

Skank guard should not be 50%, and damage ability slightly reduced.. That's my nerf.

Remove guard from DPS, reduce their taunts. fixed.

KendraP
02.25.2018 , 05:27 PM | #356
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Skank guard should not be 50%, and damage ability slightly reduced.. That's my nerf.

Remove guard from DPS, reduce their taunts. fixed.
For dps whatever I really don't care. I want their guard gone because it gets in the way of me guarding. If you can't kill a dps guarding you have bigger problems.

If guard effectiveness in tank spec is reduced, it is my opinion that tanking will become useless in pvp. There comes a time when you should just kill something rather than out stall them.

Rafiknoll
02.26.2018 , 12:11 PM | #357
Why wasn't the tank focused again?
If you can't kill a healed tank with friends helping you, the guard isn't the difference, complain about healers.
If you can't kill a healed tank in solo, well, you shouldn't be able to. They are 2 and you are one. In fact, if you can solo kill a healer, then the healer is a bad player or an underperforming spec.

Raansu
03.02.2018 , 12:00 PM | #358
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post

Thread can die when they make guard actually require a thought process and a modicum of skill. Make it breakable, put a CD on it, something other than just throwing it out there and permanently being 50% damage reduction for the guarded target.

KendraP
03.02.2018 , 12:09 PM | #359
Thread can die when they make guard actually require a thought process and a modicum of skill. Make it breakable, put a CD on it, something other than just throwing it out there and permanently being 50% damage reduction for the guarded target.
A. It's not 50% DR, it's a damage transfer
B. any of those ideas would make tanking pointless in pvp.
C. Since i have no faith in BWs ability to nerf skanking without destroying tanking you're probably getting your wish.

Rafiknoll
03.03.2018 , 11:04 AM | #360
Post a video of yourself making such a great use of guard, and in a case in which the healer(s) would not be merely 20% better than would have been without your guard. Guard works only in 15m proximity and the tank takes more damage when he successfully guards. Overall damage taken by a pair of a tank+healer who is guarded by that tank is equal or greater than the overall damage taken by the same couple without a guard (Unless the enemy is a noob who only uses his single target abilities and targets the healer, in which case, the 5% of the guard will actually be effective. If you have even a single AoE ability in your rotation or don't target the guarded guy, the 5% will not be enough to compensate for the fact that the tank gets 150% AoE)

Or in short, If you think guard does not currently "require a thought process and a modicum of skill", queue solo ranked as a tank and see how many games you get without getting yelled at for guarding improperly, which would indicate, according to that statement, that you lack the "a modicum of skill" and/or can't think.