Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf Guard!

Elusive_Thing
02.06.2018 , 03:06 PM | #311
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
He is right though. There are many ways to play around a guard in this game and get kills. It happens in group ranked and solo ranked all the time. Sometimes people die in under a minute. With 1-2 tank going around there should never be an issue with it. If itís 3 tanks and like 3 healers than itís a pure matchmaking issue; has nothing to do with the guard mechanic. There is no way you can get a kill or suppose to get a kill verse that comp (unless they are terrible).
Sure, but 2 vs. 1'ing people in regs is hardly any evidence of that. It's obvious that it wouldn't happen if the two weren't terrible.

SlimeyDoom
02.06.2018 , 04:57 PM | #312
Quote: Originally Posted by Elusive_Thing View Post
Sure, but 2 vs. 1'ing people in regs is hardly any evidence of that. It's obvious that it wouldn't happen if the two weren't terrible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr17D0l8lQY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZzpPeeDk9w

A group ranked buddy of mine started recording his matches. Do you notice how tanks can be cc'ed? Guard is not an issue, matchmaking and terrible dps are the issue. Can this thread please die now.

Elusive_Thing
02.06.2018 , 05:04 PM | #313
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimeyDoom View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr17D0l8lQY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZzpPeeDk9w

A group ranked buddy of mine started recording his matches. Do you notice how tanks can be cc'ed? Guard is not an issue, matchmaking and terrible dps are the issue. Can this thread please die now.
Almost as if group ranked and regs were a different thing! Someone was bragging about 2 vs. 1'ing people in regs and I pointed out that has no bearing, because obviously those people had to be terrible.Please find out the context of the posts you are responding to.

SlimeyDoom
02.06.2018 , 06:43 PM | #314
Almost as if group ranked and regs were a different thing! Someone was bragging about 2 vs. 1'ing people in regs and I pointed out that has no bearing.
My bad, you go tell that regstar off for being arrogant! Doing God's work in here....

kissingaiur
02.06.2018 , 06:46 PM | #315
Almost as if group ranked and regs were a different thing! Someone was bragging about 2 vs. 1'ing people in regs and I pointed out that has no bearing, because obviously those people had to be terrible.Please find out the context of the posts you are responding to.
Do you ever wonder why ranked players never complain about guard? It's because it's not a problem at all; it never has been. People die all the time in ranked with a guard in play, sometimes two (in solo ranked).

Tell me if the only area in PvP which struggles with guard is in regs and other areas of pvp which have matchmaking (or soft matchmaking) doesn't, what is the logical conclusion then?

It's either:
A) Match Making
B) L2P issue (skill disparity)

I don't understand how this concept is so hard to rationalize. This thread is just a meme.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Iíve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

KendraP
02.06.2018 , 08:14 PM | #316
Do you ever wonder why ranked players never complain about guard? It's because it's not a problem at all; it never has been. People die all the time in ranked with a guard in play, sometimes two (in solo ranked).

Tell me if the only area in PvP which struggles with guard is in regs and other areas of pvp which have matchmaking (or soft matchmaking) doesn't, what is the logical conclusion then?

It's either:
A) Match Making

I don't understand how this concept is so hard to rationalize. This thread is just a meme.
Thank you lol maybe they'll listen to you XD

Aeneas_Falco
02.06.2018 , 09:27 PM | #317

It's either:
A) Match Making

Guard isn't a problem in reg arenas either. Or at least it isn't when the matchmaking gods haven't stacked the deck against you. So long as the objective is just to kill the other team it can be countered.

Having said that...arenas, whether reg or ranked, are very different than the average warzone. The issue with guarded healers in warzones is the TTK is long enough that even if both teams are evenly matched, the one that captures two nodes first most likely wins. Healer-tank combos aren't invulnerable but if even of average skill they can last long enough at nodes to almost prevent their capture indefinitely. Even when they do die the TTK is long enough that respawns make it back to break caps. That leaves going for the node where the healer & tank aren't the best strategy, but that is only possible if they only have one healer and one tank. If they've got two, it's probably GG.

The only exception to that is Yavin where the 4 second mod at least introduces the possibility of capping nodes without having cleared off the defenders first.

And before someone says it...I'm aware that CC enables you to capture nodes without clearing defenders as well, but in anything less than a premade or soloing a node where there is only one defender...that probably isn't going to happen. Pugs usually lack the coordination to time CC effectively and the more people you have fighting over a node the greater the likelihood someone (probably a Marauder ) is going to break mez. Generally speaking in order to cap nodes with defenders present when in a pug, assuming you're aren't soloing that node, you either need to near clear that node completely of opponents or pray that the other team are tunnelers who will practically ignore the cap.

To be clear I don't have an issue with just Guard. I have an issue with the long TTK across the board. If it were up to me I'd strip all DPS of tanky defenses and self heals, change how guard works in pvp to give it some more vulnerabilities, and make skank tanking come with the tradeoff of guard and taunts effectiveness being reduced at the same rate that damage output is increased by wearing DPS gear. In trade defense, shield, and absorb should actually do something in PVP.

Level 70 PVP would be a lot more fun if it was as fast-paced as lowbies or midbies, with nodes always feeling like they are potentially in play.

peterhine
02.06.2018 , 10:37 PM | #318
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
50% damage reduction, no cool down lasts until death.

/stupid overpowered

This is why healers are so hard to kill; healers without guard are not that hard to kill.

To make it even more stupid DPS have this.
facts, its so damn difficult to kill them and they are stupidly overpowered, instead of nerfing the characters easy to kill, they should nerf the characters impossible to kill
Warrior of the sith empire,Use my refferal link for new and returning subscribers http://www.swtor.com/r/wsPN36

Rafiknoll
02.07.2018 , 02:12 AM | #319
Quote: Originally Posted by peterhine View Post
facts, its so damn difficult to kill them and they are stupidly overpowered, instead of nerfing the characters easy to kill, they should nerf the characters impossible to kill
You are post #318, yet reply directly to the OP. That indicates that you didn't read the conversation and all that you have said is repeatedly countered along this thread. There is nothing singularly impossible to kill. There is no pair that cannot be killed by another pair. A pair of DPS will have harder time killing tank+healer rather than 2 DPS, but versus DPS they have greater chance to die instead. One DPS can't soli an equally skilled pair of any roles. So far all is fair. Where is the problem?

MuskyBoy
02.07.2018 , 02:51 AM | #320
To fix guard all you need to do have players use tank stats (say 2000 shield/absorb) for it to become active. if players do not reach this cap then no guard in PVP. This will lower the absurd damage skanks do and no dps in their right mind would sacrifice 2000 dps stats for tanking stats. No OP tanks doing stupid amounts of damge, No dps with guards. Game better.