Top 5 Servers to Reroll On!

siegedeluxe

This thread will list and be a place of discussion of the top 5 servers in us / eu for people who wish to reroll on a server that has the population and guilds that has the capability to do ops and whatever else - I'll update this thread accordingly, so if you think a server is the best, please write it down here.

US Realms:

1. The Fatman
  2. The Harbinger
  3. Jedi Covenant

EU Realms:

• Tomb of Freedon Nadd
  • The Red Eclipse
  • Dune Bantha
  • Nightmare Lands
  • The Progenitor
Edited by siegedeluxe

For Australians you can't really go wrong on any (we only have 3 servers), PVP is busy PVE is busy and the RP server also has great numbers on it. Balance is slightly more on Empire but imo the pubs have less children and they PVP very well so its kinda even.

This thread will list and be a place of discussion of the top 5 servers in us / eu for people who wish to reroll on a server that has the population and guilds that has the capability to do ops and whatever else - I'll update this thread accordingly, so if you think a server is the best, please write it down here.

Of course, Sanctum of the Exalted is the best RP-PvE server!

Paige

I did Fatman, 1 month ago....

There should be no reason for any of us to have to do so.

It is a sham that we have to re-roll just to play...yet, summer is coming...it is right?

The game was great and all that was really and honestly need was a merge. Hence, $$ prevails above all else.

Sleep with the Devil and you get burned.

Personally there is nothing real good at what it claims to be, right now, so back to a SWGemu game.

That is more fun then anything I can find right now.

Edited by DogMeat

The HARBINGER BY FAR is the best server I have played on.....And I have rerolled four times....Yeah I know, im a sadist....

Check out The Harbinger, pvp ques pop every 5 mins EVEN AT 0200 am thru 0400 am....Great server!

Edit: WEST COAST players of course!

Edited by Nightfalll

I've already rerolled twice. I wish I could join the most populated server, but I just can't start over again. I wish they would just close all of the servers except for maybe 15 (in the US), and then I could enjoy queues and grouping again. Real shame, because I do want to play and I do like it, (despite all the flaws) but lack of population is what is causing me to cancel.

This thread will list and be a place of discussion of the top 5 servers in us / eu for people who wish to reroll on a server that has the population and guilds that has the capability to do ops and whatever else

If you're just looking for numbers... here's the list of the top 20 US and worldwide servers.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=449144

If you're looking for guilds... then that's a harder thing to quantify. A good place to start is to see which guilds are on the Ideal Guild Quiz.

http://www.tortoolbox.com/quiz

That's where Sanctum excels. We have good guilds and active guildleaders who cooperate to produce open RP events for all players on Sanctum.

Paige

Trying to pick out the "top" servers for people to move to will only be detrimental in the long run, even if players are allowed to choose those servers for their free transfers. The ideal goal isn't to squeeze all the people on the dead servers into 5 over-crowded boxes. Ideally you want the population to condense evenly. Instead of "top 5" threads for attracting new blood come transfer-time, we'd be better off advertising the individual merits of our servers. I am seeing a lot of that here, and that's a great thing. I'm just suggesting that it might not be a good idea to try and "rate" them to pick out a "king of the mountain" server.

I personally WILL NOT re-roll with the server transfers comming soon, i would imagine within the month so why not take the time to enjoy the low pop quite setting of leveling your character in peace an quiet then transfer where you want to go then, here are a list of servers I have personally enjoyed the community on looking for where I will XFER to when available.

PVE- Jedi Covenant

PVP- The Fatman

RP PVE-The Ebon Hawk

RP PVP- Jung Ma

Those are the seemingly most active community's in-game that I had been in, so if thats what you are looking for there ya go.

The info in that thread is completely outdated. Just check http://www.torstatus.net/ for the lastest server stats worldwide.

Outdated? Um... I just updated it this morning. It's like three or four hours old... tops. :-)

Check the dates on the actual list of servers. Maybe I mistyped the date or something. I'll check.

EDIT

Yeah, the dates are right, but it's in the body of the post and people probably need a TL;DR summary, which I've added at the top, that shows the dates and servers.

Paige

Edited by Scorpienne

Outdated? Um... I just updated it this morning. It's like three or four hours old... tops. :-)

Check the dates on the actual list of servers. Maybe I mistyped the date or something. I'll check.

Paige

So where is the highest pop EU server "Tomb of Freedon Nadd" in your list then? ;) It's even listed as no. 2 worldwide at this time.

Edit: aha, you probably made the lists when it was night time over here in EU. Which, no offense, makes the list of servers worldwide rather useless. It also points the non-US gamers to the wrong servers...

Edited by Sauska

So where is the highest pop EU server "Tomb of Freedon Nadd" in your list then? ;) It's even listed as no. 2 worldwide at this time.

Heh - it was hung up in an Excel sort/filter user error on my part. Thank you for pointing that out! /bow

Post updated.

Here's the updated list.

Top 20 US Servers (5/21/2012)

The Fatman (PvP US East) Population ≈ 2025

Jedi Covenant (PvE US East) Population ≈ 1150

The Harbinger (PvE US West) Population ≈ 880

Drooga's Pleasure Barge (PvE US West) Population ≈ 850

The Swiftsure (PvP US West) Population ≈ 780

Canderous Ordo (PvE US East) Population ≈ 750

Lord Adraas (RP PvE US East) Population ≈ 650

The Ebon Hawk (RP PvE US East) Population ≈ 640

Ajunta Pall (RP PvP US West) Population ≈ 640

Jung Ma (RP PvP US East) Population ≈ 620

Mind Trick (PvE US East) Population ≈ 500

Zakkeg Beast (PvE US West) Population ≈ 480

The Shadowlands (PvE US East) Population ≈ 480

Shadow Hand (PvE US East) Population ≈ 460

Lord Ieldis (RP PvE US West) Population ≈ 440

Sanctum of the Exalted (RP PvE US East) Population ≈ 440

Begeren Colony (RP PvE US West) Population ≈ 440

Krayt Dragon (PvE US East) Population ≈ 430

Darth Sion (PvE US West) Population ≈ 430

Kaas City (PvE US East) Population ≈ 420

Top 20 Worldwide Servers (5/21/2012)

The Fatman (PvP US East) Population ≈ 2025

Tomb of Freedon Nadd (PvP EUR English) Population ≈ 1190

Jedi Covenant (PvE US East) Population ≈ 1150

The Jedi Tower (PvE EUR German) Population ≈ 990

Dalborra (PvE APAC English) Population ≈ 900

The Harbinger (PvE US West) Population ≈ 880

Master Dar'Nala (PvP APAC English) Population ≈ 870

Drooga's Pleasure Barge (PvE US West) Population ≈ 850

The Red Eclipse (PvE EUR English) Population ≈ 840

Gav Daragon (RP PvE APAC English) Population ≈ 800

The Swiftsure (PvP US West) Population ≈ 780

Canderous Ordo (PvE US East) Population ≈ 750

Huntmaster (RP PvP EUR French) Population ≈ 700

Lord Adraas (RP PvE US East) Population ≈ 650

The Ebon Hawk (RP PvE US East) Population ≈ 640

Ajunta Pall (RP PvP US West) Population ≈ 640

Mantle of the Force (PvE EUR French) Population ≈ 630

Jung Ma (RP PvP US East) Population ≈ 620

Dune Bantha (PvE EUR English) Population ≈ 610

Kissai Caste (PvE EUR French) Population ≈ 590

Heh - it was hung up in an Excel sort/filter user error on my part. Thank you for pointing that out! /bow

Post updated.

Now that looks more like it! Damn spreadsheets ;)

Well-written post, btw /bow