BUG - Odessen Companion Gift Vendor.

Transcendent

I mean, I can only take it as a bug.......

By BioWare's estimation, 30 Common Crystals were the price for a rank 6 companion gift. By BioWare's conversion rates 30 Common Crystals were worth 15k.

So how does the price of 250k per Rank 6 companion gift work out from the above?

Eric, this is a bug right? I can only take it as a bug.

I mean, I can only take it as a bug.......

By BioWare's estimation, 30 Common Crystals were the price for a rank 6 companion gift. By BioWare's conversion rates 30 Common Crystals were worth 15k.

So how does the price of 250k per Rank 6 companion gift work out from the above?

Eric, this is a bug right? I can only take it as a bug.

IMO, they audited the prices these were selling for on the GTNs and went from there. Average selling price on GTNs was between 120K and 200K

Just use the rank 5 ones from fleet if prices are a problem for you. Will take a bit longer, but will cost you much less.

Time IS credits, and vice versa.

Edited by Andryah

They even mentioned that while they would still be having vendors with gifts available, the primary high-end gift acquisition method is intended to be crates; and vendor gifts would be priced accordingly.

Indeed they did say this. But you know.. people all interpret things the way they want to. :)

For wealthy players, many won't care. They will just snap up the legendary ones to save time.

Its a good credit sink for wealthy players to hit. They get legendary 6's and their credits go back into the game and out of circulation in the economy.

Just use the rank 5 ones from fleet if prices are a problem for you. Will take a bit longer, but will cost you much less.

Time IS credits, and vice versa.

Rank 5 Artifact x 3 is what 30k credits or something? Same amount of affection gained.

30k or 250k?

Which is why I'm asking if it is a bug, it has to be a bug. There is no way on earth they would price them at that rate without it being a mistake, unless they forgot to increase the cost of the rank 5 Artifact gifts?

They're not that mad yet surely? :rak_02:

Edited by Transcendent

WOW i have a insane amount of those level 6 gifts of all types, Like close to 300 just of those underworld gifts

seems I have a small mine of kyber crystals worth . I thought i was nuts buying so many .

But eh it is only credits...and the farmers are going to make some money now.

Makes me wonder it is all credits and is EA going to SELL their own credits which I wouldnt put it past them since other games sell their own game money to keep farmers out....or EA is now in cahoots with the farmers....some games systems are working with farmers to make a profit

Either or is possible....

LEN 2017

Still, that can be a bit rough for those players who might not have the time to sink in to this game to get huge amounts of cash, considering everything that was bought with crystals is now going for credits. That seems to be a bit of a penalty. Just my opinion though.

Still, that can be a bit rough for those players who might not have the time to sink in to this game to get huge amounts of cash, considering everything that was bought with crystals is now going for credits. That seems to be a bit of a penalty. Just my opinion though.

If I can invest more time into the game then I *should* be able to have more than someone who can't. Not everything is available to every player no matter their circumstances and that's ok. And it's no different than having more crystals than someone only now it's just purely credits.

TL;DR - It's not a penalty.

With all the issues today, title is misleading click-bait.

1/10

How so? I'm assuming it's a bug. A mistype of the figures entered for cost on either the Odessen gift vendor or the fleet gift vendor prices need to be jacked up to bring the prices in-line with the Odessen one.

Players wanted some credit sinks right? Right???

I just changed up the values in my copy of the companion gifts spreadsheet I nicked from Dulfy; and thus, some numbers

To run a companion from inf 1 to inf 50, strictly with gifts, using only favorites, with the +30% gift multiplier:

Rank 5 Prototype costs 4.775 mil to buy 955 gifts

Rank 5 Artifact costs 4.810 mil to buy 481 gifts

Rank 6 Legendary costs 38.750 mil to buy 155 gifts

With the time reducer bought out to full for your character, bringing the gifting time to 1.2 seconds:

Prototype 5 is 19.1 minutes minimum (call it 20+ minutes)

Artifact 5 is 9.62 minutes minimum (call it 10+ minutes)

Legendary 6 is 3.1 minutes minimum (call it 4+ minutes)

That does seem to be a bit steep of a jump; paying 9x (ish) to cut your time in half.

FWIW, using Rank 1 + rank 2 gifts to go from 1 to 50 costs 4.412 mil and requires 11,409 gifts (228 minutes, not quite 4 hours of clicking insanity)

That's a real steep jump in cost for convenience at the end. Not gonna call it a bug, given previous developer statements, but that is quite a disincentive to buy those gifts!