Why not just wait until the 20th

andrelle

I've never heard of an early access that allows access in stages. It doesn't even seem like its a "first-redeemed, first-served" sort of deal, because I've read here how many of you redeemed the code the first day it was offered and you're still not in. So, obviously they are not prepared. Load balancing has yet to be done, or this would not be necessary. Whatever the reason for this waved access, just wait instead of complaining. Wait out the issues. Don't try and throw your guild on a server when it may be a better idea to wait until next week when they've ironed out queues and added more servers, a la Rift. That's my proposal.

From the look of these posts, this early access has large-queue, disconnects, server lag written all over it. So why bother with the frustration? Let bioware futz around and figure things out this week. Next week should be smoother. For those that run a guild, maybe your entire guild will be able to join all on the same server next week as well. Yeah, I pre-ordered, too. I'd like to play, too. But the pre-orders weren't handled well, so why should we suffer for it. Lesson learned, just wait it out.

The main problem is, that this is allowing people to capitalize on the markets and set them first. Giving those who got in first preimer treatment of who will be successful the first few days of launch.

This is why most companies don't do staggered releases, its not fair to anyone.

I've never heard of an early access that allows access in stages. It doesn't even seem like its a "first-redeemed, first-served" sort of deal, because I've read here how many of you redeemed the code the first day it was offered and you're still not in. So, obviously they are not prepared. Load balancing has yet to be done, or this would not be necessary. Whatever the reason for this waved access, just wait instead of complaining. Wait out the issues. Don't try and throw your guild on a server when it may be a better idea to wait until next week when they've ironed out queues and added more servers, a la Rift. That's my proposal.

From the look of these posts, this early access has large-queue, disconnects, server lag written all over it. So why bother with the frustration? Let bioware futz around and figure things out this week. Next week should be smoother. For those that run a guild, maybe your entire guild will be able to join all on the same server next week as well. Yeah, I pre-ordered, too. I'd like to play, too. But the pre-orders weren't handled well, so why should we suffer for it. Lesson learned, just wait it out.

The Force is stroooonnng with this one.. *facetious off*

worst release of a game ever

As someone else pointed out, it's not "officially" released yet. And I seem to remember not even being able to get to the login server on the release day of SWG, or even being able to create an account, so TOR is not the worst.

Edited by Kalabakk

worst release of a game ever

Check his posts, he's got 6 (probably more by now) and they all say the same dumb thing.

Might be that bag of extra chunky troll kibble that's been festering in the corner of the boards.

Edited by Rune-dp

This is actually a smart strategy that many/most companies use on a regular basis. If they gave everyone access at the same time, trying to play would suck. Imagine trying to do the first quest, but having to wait 30 minutes to an hour trying to get the first hit in on each mob because 500 other people are camping the same spawn. They want everyone to have a great experience once they start playing, not have their first experience of SWTOR to be terrible.

I have been playing since they went up. Logged out and in several times. I have had 0 lag, 0 ques, and 0 crashes.

I am only surprised that more people are not on. There are a lot, but I don't have to wait 10 min. to get a quest mob.

Flawless launch from my experience so far.

it's hard to be patient but as long as it doesn't break or crash i can wait today to play. it will happen at some point. i have today off hehe. and a freezer and fridge stocked for game action!!! 2 case mt dew, 2 case dr pepper, chicken sandwiches, pizza bagels, tacquitos and burritos, chips and salsa and sour cream, chicken fingers, bagels and all kinds of other tasties.

i am in lockdown and ready to pull an all nighter tonight and well into wednesday.

calmly waiting!!!!

help me bioware, you're my only hope muah

There were about 300,000 preorders on the first day, not everyone is in yet. Hence, why they said they'd be doing waves today. Does anyone read anything on these forums?

How many pre-ordered Rift or STO? It wasn't just a trickle. And yet, everyone had access during their early-access week. The amount of orders is no excuse. And what does it mean about the 20th? If they need to watch and monitor the server load so carefully during early access that logins are staged, why wouldn't they need to do the same thing during launch? I would think more people would be trying to gain access than today. Maybe its best to wait it out for two weeks.

I have been playing since they went up. Logged out and in several times. I have had 0 lag, 0 ques, and 0 crashes.

I am only surprised that more people are not on. There are a lot, but I don't have to wait 10 min. to get a quest mob.

Flawless launch from my experience so far.

thats you tho mate. To the other drama queens who can't get in right now are going to QQ till the cows come home till they get their way. Lucky you tho

How many pre-ordered Rift or STO? It wasn't just a trickle. And yet, everyone had access during their early-access week. The amount of orders is no excuse. And what does it mean about the 20th? If they need to watch and monitor the server load so carefully during early access that logins are staged, why wouldn't they need to do the same thing during launch? I would think more people would be trying to gain access than today. Maybe its best to wait it out for two weeks.

Rift had like 45k pre-orders.

This is actually a smart strategy that many/most companies use on a regular basis. If they gave everyone access at the same time, trying to play would suck. Imagine trying to do the first quest, but having to wait 30 minutes to an hour trying to get the first hit in on each mob because 500 other people are camping the same spawn. They want everyone to have a great experience once they start playing, not have their first experience of SWTOR to be terrible.

Rift did it with 750k users day one. Point rendered invalid