Companion Heals Target

Cuddlecreeper

• 1 month later...

You sound like you are a new player and just generally new to the MMO genre.

Healing abilities are targeted at friendly NPCs and players. You just physically cannot heal your enemy. When your companion or a player healer heals you, YOU are indeed his target. That's why the ability says "target". It wouldn't make sense for it to say "heals the player" because players are not the only possible "targets". Heals are essentially the same as offensive skills, just that they can only be aimed at friendly targets and restore health instead of lowering it.

Everything is fine with your companion and hope I cleared some things up for you.

Edited by Equeliber

• 2 weeks later...
You sound like you are a new player and just generally new to the MMO genre.

Healing abilities are targeted at friendly NPCs and players. You just physically cannot heal your enemy. When your companion or a player healer heals you, YOU are indeed his target. That's why the ability says "target". It wouldn't make sense for it to say "heals the player" because players are not the only possible "targets". Heals are essentially the same as offensive skills, just that they can only be aimed at friendly targets and restore health instead of lowering it.

Everything is fine with your companion and hope I cleared some things up for you.

Im Not New To MMOs I Have 3 Years Of Experience With Them This Happened In A Buggy Patch And i Have Played SWTOR For Half A year Im No Noob I Have Two Characters On DLC One On Eternal Throne And One On Fallen Empire

Im Not New To MMOs I Have 3 Years Of Experience With Them This Happened In A Buggy Patch And i Have Played SWTOR For Half A year Im No Noob I Have Two Characters On DLC One On Eternal Throne And One On Fallen Empire

You Don't Need To Worry About Your Companion. The Target Is Only Allowed To Be You Or Someone Who You Are In A Party With. Your Companion Will Heal You If In Healing Mode Without Being Told. If You Really Want You Can Use Their Ability Buttons To Make Them Heal You Or Someone In A Party With You But They Will Do It By Them Selves Just Fine. There Is Nothing Wrong With The Words Or Result Of Your Companions Healing Abilities. They Will Not Ever Heal An Enemy. Again, The Only Target They Can Heal Is You Or Anyone In A Party With You.

You Don't Need To Worry About Your Companion. The Target Is Only Allowed To Be You Or Someone Who You Are In A Party With. Your Companion Will Heal You If In Healing Mode Without Being Told. If You Really Want You Can Use Their Ability Buttons To Make Them Heal You Or Someone In A Party With You But They Will Do It By Them Selves Just Fine. There Is Nothing Wrong With The Words Or Result Of Your Companions Healing Abilities. They Will Not Ever Heal An Enemy. Again, The Only Target They Can Heal Is You Or Anyone In A Party With You.

You don't think that the OP could have had something buggy with their companion? This is Bioware.

And was it really necessary to mock them?