Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

The update is really good.

Is it perfect? no. But its still really good.

Far far far too many people are far far far too focused on "end game" only. There are TONS of other crafting recipes sub 50 that sell VERY well.

As people begin to level atls they buy a lot of gear off the GTN. And since they have disposable income I Am am more then happy to allow them to dispose of their income to me.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps those who are showing concern actually have a better "grip" on the situation than you think.

TOTALLY AGREE.

the thing is, now u have lots of orange gear if u want that look,

after the patch u will have close to the same orange items, but will have to break hundreds of them in order to get the recipe. and raid people will have to break the items that they loot if they want that look do u think that it is fair??? OMG

Any thoughts on item decay to produce some lasting steady demand? So far, the economy is depending on player churn except for Biochem and Cybertech which appear to be the only professions to make actual consumables.

I'm not saying the epic armor that took forever and a fortune to make should just go pop and vanish, but maybe some powerful mods and augments could be timed and override existing slotted mods for their duration instead of replacing them, or some professions could upgrade items to the next higher tier, or "overdrive" them over their normal maximum durability for a while, giving them a small overall boost (at that point, it'd be useful to somehow incorporate the trading window into the crafting process...).

Crafting is also one of the few places left in the game that would allow for real social content! Give us some trash professions like fishing or digging for sand on Tatooine! Do Vanguard's player housing right. Give us something that's not "go to the green quest marker and make ist stop blinking".

TOTALLY AGREE.

the thing is, now u have lots of orange gear if u want that look,

after the patch u will have close to the same orange items, but will have to break hundreds of them in order to get the recipe. and raid people will have to break the items that they loot if they want that look do u think that it is fair??? OMG

I don't see the issue. When you have multiples of the same item, for example, the same raid chest piece, what are you going to do with it anyways? Sell it to the junk vendor? At least now you can strip the stats off of it and put them on a custom piece of gear and reverse engineer the "shell" to learn a schematic.

if this go live like that will kill the game, or at least lot of people will quit ( me and everyone on my guild at least)

all the critical craft with augment thing is absurd and the worst idea possible, they could have made a buckle to add an augment in everyitem (armormech would do it for ranged weapons, synt for force armors etc) so crafter would gain someting and woldnt kill the game.

like it is now, everyone will be forced to break every item that drops with better stats( or better look, or higher prestige one, like nigthmode operations per example) and the chances to get the schematics arent 100% i think.

SO, with this nigthmare that they call a patch we will go to the new operation, something drops, we break it, and we can gain NOTHING, so we need to spend dkp again when it drops untill we get the schematic, and of course, armormech and synthweaving will be THE ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE tradeskills now, great. they nerfed biochem many times because we was forced to have it, but didnt learn nothing and they are doing the same mistake again.

short answer: we will be forced to have syntweaving or armormech so wrong here.

we will be forced to break every item that drops( since u will want to have the latest nigthmare operation gear)and it wont have 100% chance to get the schematic.

we wont change the gear never, since lvl 10 gear will be THE SAME as lvl 100000000 mega nigthmare 100people operation.

tat least the operation gear MUST HAVE the augment slot on it, so the people that et together to kill a boss and get an item can equip it, it is more fair than a lvl 10 getting that look on the auction house for money.

Some fix to this: the buckle idea like i said.

or the Look Tab,

u can do many things, but pls forget this awfull idea

No, you do a raid and you pull the armoring and mods out of the gear you get. If you like the appearance of the gear, then you RE it to learn the schematic. Or heck, just wear that gear if you don't care about augment slots, it's not like you NEED them anyways.

The point is to wear what you like, it doesn't do anything to stop progression. Stop overreacting to something you don't understand.

No, you do a raid and you pull the armoring and mods out of the gear you get. If you like the appearance of the gear, then you RE it to learn the schematic. Or heck, just wear that gear if you don't care about augment slots, it's not like you NEED them anyways.

The point is to wear what you like, it doesn't do anything to stop progression. Stop overreacting to something you don't understand.

Thank You, you actually got the reasoning behind them doing this in the first place. I don't get why every one is upset about this, they are giving us more options.

Thank You, you actually got the reasoning behind them doing this in the first place. I don't get why every one is upset about this, they are giving us more options.

Yeah I'm actually looking forward to an end of the clone wars. In SWTOR endgame every character of the same class looks EXACTLY THE SAME.

Yeah I'm actually looking forward to an end of the clone wars. In SWTOR endgame every character of the same class looks EXACTLY THE SAME.

And companions to, now we can gear them up faster/easier and make em how we like.

Edited by Meluna

Since the launch of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, the Crew Skill system has been incredibly popular. Every week in-game, 52 million items are produced or harvested,

Mr. Zoeller, "produced or harvested" could mean the 2 million players harvested or crafted 25 items or nodes. I'd hardly use that to cite it as "incredibly popular".

I do like most aspects of your game - with exception of space and crafting. I'm encouraged to see you have spent a lot of resources in this patch to crafting. I haven't even had a chance to look through all the notes yet, but I am encouraged. I hope that professions other than biochem become significantly more useful.

Please continue dedicating a portion of your resources to crafting and hopefully, eventually a free-flying space. Time to go see what you guys added.

Thanks for your hard work.

Edited by Wepo

ok then, for ignorant people like u, the bosses should drop only mods, armorings, enhacement etc no? we have too litle loot, only 1 set and cant chose any other item, and now the people want less loot ever, only gems not item.

craft is a secondary thing, this isnt a pvp game(like warhammer) so it is a PVE game, and yes, when someone kill a boss in operations and get something he MUST be able to equip it, when we must go to the auction house to buy the raid gear because the bosses drop the same gear but with 1 slot less will be the end of the mmorpg like we know them.

but of course, we have servers with a really low population, and this feels like a solo rpg so now we will be able to buy all our gear, and the clueless kids are happy since they will be able to buy the best gear. but are the same people that calls casual to someone who killed close to all in nigthmare and want to have a RAID armor that cant be buyed and weared by a lvl 10,....... nice

Edited by prodarkwolf

Biochem

With BioChem being in a fairly good spot already, we are not making any major changes to the profession at this time.

Uhm, I'd say that 'phasing out' reusables is a pretty major change to the profession, Georg. :mad:

Now you expect us to pick flowers all day not just for public consumption, but for personal use as well. And from your lack of changes I gather that we're still going to need a ton of mats in order to make a single medpack/adrenal/stim?

So not only do I have the mundane task of gathering mats (because sending companions out would simply make the costs to produce anything even higher than they already are), I'm also expected to be a production line worker who churns out medpacks all day at below the value of material costs and don't even get the small perk of having a personal reusable for all my efforts in making products at a loss so other people can have their nom-nom candies?

Edited by Danakar

ok then, for ignorant people like u, the bosses should drop only mods, armorings, enhacement etc no? we havent too litle loot, only 1 set and cand chose any other item, and now the people want less loot ever, only gems not item.

craft is a secondary thing, this isnt a pvp game(like warhammer) so it is a PVE game, and yes, when u someone kill a boss in operations and get something he MUST be able to equip it, when we must go to the auction house to buy the raid gear because the bosses drop the same gear but with 1 slot less will be the end of the mmorpg like we know them.

but of course, we have servers with a really low population, and this feels like a solo rpg so now we will be able to buy all our gear, and the clueless kids are happy since they will be able to buy the best gear. but are the same people that calls casual to someone who killed close to all in nigthmare and want to have a RAID armor that cant be buyed and weared by a lvl 10,....... nice

huh? :confused:

Wow, people are twisting Georg's words to avoid reading the spirit of his post.

Obviously he means reverse engineering a modifiable item will result in learning the schematic for the orange shell of the item. The next sentence refers to crafting the item.

Also, nobody would reverse engineer an item just to get a one shot exact copy of the item, so people who think that's what he's saying fail logic forever.

Anyway, I just hope they add orange shell REs for the non-modifiable armor models in the game. Tactical Assault Chestguard and RD-12B War Chestguard are currently the best textures for the midlevel standard trooper armor model and neither of them are modifiable. There are also several armor models in the game currently exclusive to random greens. If you're a trooper, and you want plain metal armor without shoulderpads, your current options are all between level 8 and level 16.

I also hope they finally go back and make the various rare blue schematic Armstech weapons modifiable again. One of my favorite weapons in Beta was a Robocop looking pistol a crafter gifted my bounty hunter.

You missed the point.

If purple drops are RE'able, guess what's going to happen?

Orange critted versions are possibly going to appear in abundance on the GTN.

Furthermore, the purple items are becoming fully moddable. Meaning that you can extract (and presumably RE) the mods in them. Potentially causing an influx of said mods on the GTN.

But those mods will require artifact quality crafting ingredients to make. Ingredients you can only get by reverse engineering the raid items.

So ultimately, this means that crafting will consist of:

A. People buying crit-crafted oranges and purple augments to get BIS.

B: People buying the looks they want and then kitting themselves out with mods.

C: Raiding guilds using banked materials from raids they have on farm to bring new members to an appropriate level of gear without running old content, or selling crafted mods on the auction house to fund the cost of raiding.

This is pretty much the best economic model you're going to get out of a themepark style MMO.

in a world full of rakata stims, cybertech grenades have a 3 minute cooldown

Which is far better then 5min. Still I would prefer at worst 1min, but that might give to much an edge since they can basically do any snare or stun on mass. Remember how much everyone complained about the 3sec knockdown that scoundrels/operatives got? There is one that does it for 4sec on mass and soon to be 3min cool-down. Just FYI.

Armormech crafters may now reverse engineer almost any modifiable outfit into an empty custom (orange) shell of the same name and appearance

Could we get some more information or clarification on what orange items can and can not be reverse engineered?

Will this allow items that can not be crafted now (such as gloves and boots) to be learned as schematics? What about items from flashpoint drops, quest rewards or vendors?

Armormech crafters may now reverse engineer almost any modifiable outfit into an empty custom (orange) shell of the same name and appearance

We have also added a number of additional light armor schematics and tweaked the material requirements for some custom (orange) outfits for better balance.

So only Armormechs will be able to reverse engineer the orange items to get crit versions of it?

Synthweavers are stuck to those which are learned via schemantics?