Best leveling discipline by class?

Ampalaea

Hello all! I am in the process of leveling all classes and would like to know which discipline you think is best for leveling for each class...

i know leveling is dead easy, i am currently leveling a sith assassin "Deception" and mostly i can sit back and let my companion clear stuff for me!

But still i think there are disciplines that are better than others because of more mobility, or more aoe, or simple more fun :)

To help you answer i will list bellow all classes so you can copy and chose the discipline you think is better for solo questing, either leveling or endgame dailies etc.

Jauggernaut/Guardian:

Marauder/Sentinel:

Assassin/Shadow:

Sorcerer/Sage:

Operative/Squindrel:

Sniper/Gunslinger:

Powertech/Vanguard:

Mercenary/trooper:

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Ampalaea

Jauggernaut/Guardian:

Marauder/Sentinel:

Assassin/Shadow:

Sorcerer/Sage:

Operative/Squindrel:

Sniper/Gunslinger:

Powertech/Vanguard:

Mercenary/trooper:

For all of them, for *levelling* (by which I hope you mean "going through the class story and so on"), the answer is the same:

"The one you like playing."

Tank and heal disciplines may be a bit slower, or maybe not, depending on how you set up your companion. (Don't do heal/heal - that will be highly survivable but very, very slow because of the low damage output.)

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all! I am in the process of leveling all classes and would like to know which discipline you think is best for leveling for each class...

i know leveling is dead easy, i am currently leveling a sith assassin "Deception" and mostly i can sit back and let my companion clear stuff for me!

But still i think there are disciplines that are better than others because of more mobility, or more aoe, or simple more fun :)

To help you answer i will list bellow all classes so you can copy and chose the discipline you think is better for solo questing, either leveling or endgame dailies etc.

Jauggernaut/Guardian:

Marauder/Sentinel:

Assassin/Shadow:

Sorcerer/Sage:

Operative/Squindrel:

Sniper/Gunslinger:

Powertech/Vanguard:

Mercenary/trooper:

Thanks in advance!

Jaugger: Tank (PvP), all work in PvE - depends what you find fun - dps jaugger = glass in PvP

Sin: Deception or Darkness (PvP), Hatred (PvE) Hatred has slightly better trash clearing so better in PvE

Sorc: Madness or Corruption (PvP), Madness or Corruption (PvE) - Lightning get's core abilities late and is very fragile compared to the other 2 sorc specs

OPs: Concealment (PvP), again whatever in PvE but the dps specs are more ready at lower levels to do stuff than the heal spec

Sniper4life: Marksman, and Marksman. and did I say Marksman? - ease of use and adaptability

PT: go Tank in PvP, all other situations it is still Tactics in terms of ease of use although Pyro can be fun

Mercs-R-us: Arsenal, probably more Arsenal, and lastly Arsenal. - again like the Sniper case it is the most adaptable and easy to do in all situations

Edited by ottffsse

• 2 weeks later...
I say either go MM sniper with a tank comp so it'll group everything together and you can sweeping fire everything to dust, or go deception sin, skip the fights you don't need, and still have aoe dot spread via death field for when you do need them.

Between the non-difficulty of planetary missions and lack of meaningful bosses or mechanics alongside level sync keeping you at about the same general damage/defense stats regardless of abilities AND the power level of your companions, your discipline almost doesnt even factor in to traditional leveling at all. Edited by thepilk