Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mouseover Healing

Malicity
12.13.2011 , 10:07 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGawdfather View Post
So, What you're asking for is an in game Healbot/Decursive?
Please research what mouseover healing is before saying anything on the matter, thanks.
I am Dave! Yognaught and I have the balls.

DarkInsidious
12.13.2011 , 10:29 PM | #32
The ability to write a macro to remove the action of having to click on the target you want to heal/cast spell on.

Your mouse then acts as a direct representation of what you are going to click on removing the actual action of clicking.

This requires writing a macro and assigning that macro to a keybind.

What you want to do is easily achieved in any game that supports macros.

Most Turret RPG MMOs use this but it's not really a suitable playstyle in most MMORPGs that very few players have adapted to.

It looks as though Bioware doesn't want to support macros. Yet.

They may believe that it's unfair to start new mmo gamers on a whole new genre at an extreme unawareness, especially in pvp.
CE VIP 29Jul ||⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿||█████████████████████████████████

Kukura
12.13.2011 , 10:30 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Malicity View Post
Please research what mouseover healing is before saying anything on the matter, thanks.
Wow, that was random...

I do not believe he was criticizing but simply asking a question to clarify. Way to come out guns blazin...
If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Vertibirdo
12.13.2011 , 10:54 PM | #34
It is just a matter of habit, no?
Ye olde gamers do just fine, afaik.

hidy
12.13.2011 , 11:06 PM | #35
this vid might be helpful for some:

http://torwars.com/2011/11/28/video-...-focus-target/

Wildviolence
12.13.2011 , 11:07 PM | #36
Bioware should remove the mouse altogether. It's just a crutch for bads, and anyone who supports the use of a mouse to select targets (either by clicking or aiming a reticle) is just a whiner who wants the game automated.

What's so hard about keyboard turning? And remember when you had to use the arrow keys to tilt your crosshairs up and down? That's how old school pros roll, learn to play.

DocsMistake
12.13.2011 , 11:58 PM | #37
**** the y axis, remember games like doom or Quake where you could only turn, move back and forwards , shoot , and press buttons

ssgrif
12.14.2011 , 05:15 AM | #38
For me mouseover targeting for healing is important. Being in an Operation with 16 people and its your job to keep them all alive, its very useful to be able to hover over the raid frame and simply press a button to heal that person.

What you dont want to get into is having to click on the mouse button to select the player before casting the healing spell. For one person its not a problem, but when you have to heal 4 people at the same time having to press the mouse button 4 times AND cast 4 times means it takes a lot longer to get those heals out (group healing spells aside).
< Disciples of Babylon >
Wipe them out. All of them!
[PVE/PVP] [16M OPS]
~ |Guild Website| ~

Kabalite
12.14.2011 , 05:19 AM | #39
L2 Hotkeys
When it comes to endgame progression ; DPSing is Fun, Healing is Responsibility, Tanking is Work

Hellspawnxxx
12.14.2011 , 06:39 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Kukura View Post
Remember the old CH heal rotations from Everquest?!? Oh my word...

I agree, stepping out of your comfort zone and trying things that feel different can make you an even better healer. Healing these days requires practically no skills... when you do have them; however, you stand out amongst many.
I would rather the community have access to whatever tools they need to make healing alittle more versatile so this way when im looking for a healer, I dont have to wait forever because only a skilled few know how to adapt to the limited Healing tools provided.

I could careless if someone is a pro healer or a noob healer aslong as they can keep the group alive. This isnt Guildwars 2 where individuals place soul responsibility of thier own lives in thier own hands. This is a Holy Trinity system and by limiting healers there will be longer que times for flash points and even longer times forming a group for operations let alone recruiting will be a task.

why would anyone want to learn to heal if its so difficult when its easier to roll a DPS or Tank... Im going to try to heal in SWTOR because I was an effective healer in WoW, my hands are smaller so reaching keys is difficult for me so I depended on Healbot (mouseoverhealing) sometimes physical limitations play a factor not just unwillingness to learn.

From what ive been reading on the forums there is already a sortage of healers so why not open up some more flexiability for healers so we can start filling those rolls.

And before anyone asks LoL im not a kid im 32 its just for whatever reason i have stubby fingers, im all palms hahaha yes feel free to laugh im one of those people who cant play guitar eather because i cant reach the last string chord.