newbie levelling guides

jutb

The best thing to do is stay on your starter planet until You've finished every quest available there. Then, if you are not at least level 10, stay a bit longer. Once you're 10+, go to the fleet as directed by your class quest and make sure you take all the non-PvP quests up there and also talk to every single crew skill trainer.

Beyond that, just do the quests. You will always be directed to the appropriate planet for you by your class quest series. Just keep an eye out for other quests along the way.

There is already some good advice in the reply above, I would just ad that I always try to be at least 1 level higher than the quest line, I am not sure if it makes it faster, but it does make it smoother (less dying, shorter fights)

So I by completing all of the quests on my starter planet I got to level 11 which gave me the 1 level head start, before I got to the fleet.

when you hate questing you could do that:

flashpoints give very good xp and you can also do a daily one which gives extra xp

warzones give quite good xp and there are also 2 dailies which give very good xp

when you get your ship you can do the space missions too for quite good xp

so for having fun i would say flashpoints then warzones and when you are bored with that space missions. between that your class missions...

cool thanx for the replies guys i had an issue i was lvl 14 leaving dromund to go to balmorra but was struggling a bit there with some of the quests as they were lvl 16 or 18 qsts but i ended up just going back to dromund and found a few qsts to do which took me to 15 so gonna try balmorra again now