Does Bioware support griefing on PvP servers?

Mapache

Me and my guild joined a PvP server to PvP, yes, that's established. But we did so in good faith since Bioware assured us that they would implement measures to prevent griefing even on PvP servers... so where are these preventions? PvP server rulesets actually promote griefing on PvP servers.

Level 50's can go to Nar Shaddaa, Hoth, Alderaan, and Tatooine to just name a few and go INSIDE quest hubs, wait for questers to get off taxis, then slaughter them, they respawn there at the base, they kill them again, corpse camp, and repeat until they get some kind of help, map, or log out. Really Bioware? Just about every day I log on there are 50's inside Aurek base on Hoth waiting for people (usually lvl 40's) to come out of the spaceport, then they gank them. Seriously? There is no chance for a couple 40's to fight a group of 50's in this game, especially with the accuracy differential. PvP servers should not promote griefing. Enemy factions should NOT be able to go INSIDE enemy quest hubs/taxi locations. I'm really still scratching my head on this one.

Where are the level 50 one-shot turrets around factioned quest hubs to prevent this like in other MMO's? Why can't low-levels actually HIT level 50's in pvp? Why is there such a huge accuracy differential in PvP, I can understand it being there for PvE, but PvP too? Lower level players 10+ have absolutely no chance to defend themselves against players 10 or more levels higher, even in large groups, one 50 with high defense can take out a party of 30's. And what's worse, they can't even escape on their speeders due to 50's having a 20% faster speeder. Do I like PvP? Yes, but I don't like griefing and ya'll said there would be things in the game to prevent griefing... what things?

Here are my ideas for fixing PvP on PvP servers, and I think there'd be a lot more happy players if you implemented these ideas.

• Remove the accuracy debuff on lower-level players so they can actually defend themselves against 50's. Accuracy should be based on stats, not level. They will probably die anyways, but at least 10 level 20's will actually stand a chance against 1 50.
  • Add level 50 Champion one-shot turrets and stealth detection fields to all Taxi Locations to prevent taxi/spawn camping
  • Give players the ability to buy some kind of "Treaty Badge" on PvP servers that prevents players from attacking or being attacked in open world PvP for 24 hrs but it does not work in Warzones or Ilum. Alternatively, this badge could be a permanent open-world protection from attack from enemy players 8 or more levels higher.

Edited by Mapache

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is here is there is a player controlled solution to this. Gather up faction forces and fight back. Kick them out. On PVP servers this is going to happen and to me part of the fun of playing on a PVP server. Guys want to act like jerks? Well round up the posse and give it right back to them!

P.S. I would be prepared for the "PVP happened on a PVP server" type responses here.

The thing is here is there is a player controlled solution to this. Gather up faction forces and fight back. Kick them out. On PVP servers this is going to happen and to me part of the fun of playing on a PVP server. Guys want to act like jerks? Well round up the posse and give it right back to them!

P.S. I would be prepared for the "PVP happened on a PVP server" type responses here.

I agree, that is fun, but it's not fun when you are camped at your Republic respawn site on your low level quest planet, Republic NPC's all standing around doing nothing, and 4-8 lvl 50 Sith standing over your corpse.

Sith shouldn't be able to go inside Republic quest hubs. Bioware said there'd be safe zones for questers on PvP planets, where are they?

Mepache, you're a Crusader, aren't you? Since when were they so spineless? Aren't the Christian warriors of God the chosen few who fight back depite all odds and, in the end, win? You need to persevere my brother, and stop the complaining for the forces of evil will not relent simply because you write a prayer to the almighty (Bioware) to change their source code.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/vincentres/Screenshot_2012-01-08_07_31_51_317400.jpg

This environment allows players to attack other players in many areas in the game. If you are looking for a taste of direct intergalactic conflict against other players, this may be the server type for you. However, please bear in mind that actions and situations that can be resolved though PvP are not considered harassment and will not be enforeced as such.

They do support it. You dug your own grave, now lie in it.

I want to throw my support behind you. The way PVP is right now in this game is a Hazing Process. You get Hazed all the way up to lvl 50 until you can compete with other lvl 50s. Once there, you have a few choices:

- Get retribution by fighting other 50s

- Pick on someone lower than you at lower level areas

- Protect others who are being picked on by 50s

This is just not the PVP that I prefer. I think that if people were given the option, there would only be a small vocal minority who would want to have lvl 50 vs. lvl 30 PVP.

Damn, do ever read? Specially for you when you choose pvp server there is a warning: "This is PvP server bla bla bla.. Are you sure?".

PvP Server = NO restrictions. It's your mistake that you did not read. Now **** and wait for transfer to PvE server where your place is.

Your in a Guild right??.

Therese your answer. Now i am not lvl 50, but i more or less murder any one that comes my way and if they annoy me in any way i will camp there corpse.

I try not to, but i will if they try and punt me down a pit or jump me mid fight.

First of all pvp server or not, plenty of games have rushed to fix this before.. why not follow there example before launch?

Bioware added pvp as an after thought. WZ, open pvp on pve server is useless.

Biotech add ons make even fights, uneven.

As far as posting about it, remember you are posting it for bioware to fix (good luck btw) not the limp bro's that are replying, most likely the very people who are ganking you your guild and the rest of the lowbies on the server.

@OP switch servers.. now. or quit swtor like others are doing over a broken pvp system.

@trolls enjoy your empty server and although i KNOW your attention span doesn't allow for guilt. It might be time to grow up.

@player controled solution. Rallying troops to kill a couple dooshbags takes a long while, when everyone else on the server is busy ganking someone else.

First of all pvp server or not, plenty of games have rushed to fix this before.. why not follow there example before launch?

Bioware added pvp as an after thought. WZ, open pvp on pve server is useless.

Biotech add ons make even fights, uneven.

As far as posting about it, remember you are posting it for bioware to fix (good luck btw) not the limp bro's that are replying, most likely the very people who are ganking you your guild and the rest of the lowbies on the server.

@OP switch servers.. now. or quit swtor like others are doing over a broken pvp system.

@trolls enjoy your empty server and although i KNOW your attention span doesn't allow for guilt. It might be time to grow up.

@player controled solution. Rallying troops to kill a couple dooshbags takes a long while, when everyone else on the server is busy ganking someone else.

I like how people always try to claim that <insert company here> "included PVP as an afterthought" as if every successful MMO hasn't included PVP.

Not sure why you're making a big deal about 'this' carebear pvp.

Though I do laugh at the "big boys" who think this pvp means anything.

Come back when you've destroyed several thousand dollars in assets; come back and brag then. :rolleyes: