Warzone leaving needs a time penalty

Joaina

I am recently playing on Darth Malgus and sad to say that leaving is a common thing on this Server.

A bad deployment and in the first 60 Seconds someone starts a "Leave Parade" that keeps going until the Round is over. Sometimes stronger players join and the Team turn the cards, but mostly its a continous come and go.

@DEV Team

Warzone leavers should earn a Time Penalty that stacks for each leave until a 24h ban from pvp.

I know sometimes you just gotta go because of whatever. But continous leaving should be punished.

https://imgur.com/a/kq992EI

hell no. why?

• we cannot select or blacklist the warzones
  • we have no control over our team composition, meaning we have to sit there while half the team ignores the objectives.

losing is one thing. the above issues are quite another.

I am recently playing on Darth Malgus and sad to say that leaving is a common thing on this Server.

A bad deployment and in the first 60 Seconds someone starts a "Leave Parade" that keeps going until the Round is over. Sometimes stronger players join and the Team turn the cards, but mostly its a continous come and go.

@DEV Team

Warzone leavers should earn a Time Penalty that stacks for each leave until a 24h ban from pvp.

I know sometimes you just gotta go because of whatever. But continous leaving should be punished.

No we don't need anything...

I don't like Hutball and I will leave every Hutball map I get and I get a lot...

Also, I don't like playing with bads so I will leave immediately if I see my team unable to do basic things on a map like guarding or answering calls.

leaving within the timer before the round starts is okay. And sooner or later you know the guilds and players who dont do the basic stuff, so you can leave before the rounds starts. i am talking about players who leave when round is active or even in late game state.. Edited by Joaina

leaving within the timer before the round starts is okay. And sooner or later you know the guilds and players who dont do the basic stuff, so you can leave before the rounds starts. i am talking about players who leave when round is active or even in late game state..

and when I get backfilled in to the game because someone else leaves early, should I sit there and suffer through someone else's mess?

I'm not entirely against your proposal, but there are numerous issues you'd need to address before it becomes reasonable.

No we don't need anything...

I don't like Hutball and I will leave every Hutball map I get and I get a lot...

Also, I don't like playing with bads so I will leave immediately if I see my team unable to do basic things on a map like guarding or answering calls.

All the more reason we should have lockouts.

Generally i agree, BUT, even if they put one in i would leave certain matches.

I do not play Queshball due to desync.

I do not play Odessen because it sucks buttermilk

And i will leave any obvious mismatch before being fodder for those who cant tell the difference between advantage and skill.

Penalty or not, that wont change.

@DEV Team

You can’t do that or it would kill pvp for sure.

Here are the reasons your system would be bad.

1. Bioware won’t or can’t learn how to match make properly.

2. You have highend stomp premades vs pug newbies

3. You have fools who refuse to play properly and just run around farming numbers which is a big waste of your time

4. You have conquest farmers who just give up and waste your time

5. You have Hutt Ball popping 33-40% of the time and the maps are broken, have desync and nobody plays them properly

6. All the other problems surrounding pvp that make people leave matches.

7. Can not pick map or map type when queueing.

Until Bioware fix those problems properly and put systems in place to get people to play properly, then you have every right to leave and requeue.

I do agree that a small time penalty could be put in place now, but it certainly should not accumulate and it should not be very long or it will kill the queue.

5 mins would be enough or maybe 10 at most. But Bioware do need to address most of those problems in 6.0 before attempting something like this because the player base has shrunk so much that we can’t afford for anyone to stop playing it if we want it to still be playable in the game.

hell no. why?

• we cannot select or blacklist the warzones
  • we have no control over our team composition, meaning we have to sit there while half the team ignores the objectives.

losing is one thing. the above issues are quite another.

agreed but I have some suggestions. Perhaps for lvl 70 even for regs we need some rules min gear rating and losses mean ZERO Medals and matches end immediately if team left short and neither side gets credit for match, at least recognize the people leaving maybe leaving due to frustration or to help the other team so remove that incentive at all. This issue is all about medals and thats primarily why people dont care about objectives. One possiblity is the time penalty start after the gates are down so players do get a chance to review names and ratings and if it looks bad.which it often is they can still leave. Finally, a time penalty will just result in players not trying at all so really I have no idea what it achieves except for satisfying the win trading medal hunters anyways.

@DEV Team

How can you not win a 26 v 9 match...... oh I see... :)

thing is if you exclude people from re-joining the queue it'll most likely kill the queue completely.

People have been asking for quitting penalties almost since day 1 - when the PvP populations were healthy on 100-odd servers. Now we're down to a handful of servers does the problem get amplified out of all proportion.

BioWare can't see a problem, and haven't the resources to do anything about them.... But yay! New shiny things on the Cartel Market! Woo!

Chalk it up to experience. A You can still hone your skills on a lost game.. We all feel your pain, GL on a better match next time.

This issue is all about medals and thats primarily why people dont care about objectives.

no. there are a few reasons. that's one among many, and I don't think it's even the biggest one. ppl were ignoring objectives long before the medals quests.

• PvE players only care about the 8 medals for the random masterwork weekly and can leave as soon as they get them b/c the quest completes automatically.
  • Arena players hop into regs to work on their rotations and, especially, their dcds. they do this by running into 1v2-3-4 situations to work on how to handle focus.
  • Arena players go into regs when arenas aren't popping and, therefore, have no interest in the WZ win conditions. they're just there to kill time (and red opponents!)
  • Reg pvp guilds (pvp guilds whose tags I rarely if ever see in solo queue!) run around in grps of 2-4 farming numbers for numbers sake.
  • ignorant players who just don't know what they're doing run around like chickens with their heads cut off (usually in hutball and Odessen maps). to be fair, Odessen and Quesh are aids; Vandin requires too much cooperation to deal with for most players. so they just leave or ignore objectives on these maps.
  • lastly, every single objective map, aside from Novarre, is broken by the plethora of mobility buffs that every class has. it's just too easy to recover from wipes or stall at nodes. roll, PW, free pred every 30s, holotraverse and the sin variant. it's just ridiculously easy to get around the physical barriers on these objective maps, and the nodes themselves, except for NC, are too difficult to cap/keep. AHG isn't bad, but the cap time is way too short. on the flip side, having to reset the cap channel after interrupt makes nodes impossible to cap against a half decent stealth.

give us map choice and working ignore list for pvp and I will vote yes for this penalty. otherwise, no.

Exactly if you put in a Deserter Debuff how would people be able to cherry pick matches to make sure they have the best chance of winning?

If anything, only solo ranked should have a penalty for leaving/being kicked, otherwise no. Reg's are just simply there for fun and have no value in the game otherwise. 8v8 ranked isn't around anymore, so it's not like reg 8v8's offer anything other than fun.

If anything, only solo ranked should have a penalty for leaving/being kicked, otherwise no. Reg's are just simply there for fun and have no value in the game otherwise. 8v8 ranked isn't around anymore, so it's not like reg 8v8's offer anything other than fun.

Isnt that the entire point of anything in these games?

Lets be real, if your looking for real competitive online play, youre in the wrong place.

If the rewards were IDENTICAL for winning or losing, I would agree with the OP. Otherwise, I will choose whatever method nets me better rewards or more experience for time invested. If grouping with a bunch of random bads for another 14 minutes ain't it... guess what?

But, if the rewards are the same, win or lose... then there is no excuse.

Edited by Monterone

agreed but I have some suggestions. Perhaps for lvl 70 even for regs we need some rules min gear rating and losses mean ZERO Medals and matches end immediately if team left short and neither side gets credit for match, at least recognize the people leaving maybe leaving due to frustration or to help the other team so remove that incentive at all. This issue is all about medals and thats primarily why people dont care about objectives. One possiblity is the time penalty start after the gates are down so players do get a chance to review names and ratings and if it looks bad.which it often is they can still leave. Finally, a time penalty will just result in players not trying at all so really I have no idea what it achieves except for satisfying the win trading medal hunters anyways.

considering you go into solo ranked and do 600 dps on tnk hl matchs to acid? I wonder why people dont try. its a mystery.

regs are hopeless.

queue solo ranked. flood the queue and the elo will actually begin to work for team comps. they might have to adjust the way they make matches so it's like it was in the early days so you don't get 900 mixed with 1600. but that's the only solution I see. objective maps are borked if good players play them. and they're borked by at least half the ppl in them (simply not playing to win or not knowing how).

or don't. w/e.

but gl getting that deserter buff. that isn't gonna happen. and if it does, so be it. your pops will be one every 30 minutes. not my problem. I'll be in solo queue where at least the matches are usually somewhat balanced.

Edited by foxmob

regs are hopeless.

queue solo ranked. flood the queue and the elo will actually begin to work for team comps. they might have to adjust the way they make matches so it's like it was in the early days so you don't get 900 mixed with 1600. but that's the only solution I see. objective maps are borked if good players play them. and they're borked by at least half the ppl in them (simply not playing to win or not knowing how).

or don't. w/e.

but gl getting that deserter buff. that isn't gonna happen. and if it does, so be it. your pops will be one every 30 minutes. not my problem. I'll be in solo queue where at least the matches are usually somewhat balanced.

This last week’s conquest for total kill achievement in pvp has made regs even worse (if that’s possible). I popped 17 matches and left 12 during that time because no body on my team or the other was trying. It didn’t help that 5 or those were all Vandin HB’s in a row. I tried to stay for 3 of them, but ended up leaving 40 secs into each match.

The only really good match’s I had was the first and the last pop.

The first was Void Star and we defended first. None of my team chased the other even though they baited us to try. Once people reached a certain point they turned back to the doors and LoSed the ranged. We were also switching sides to cover without being asked. Unfortunately a sneaky stealth got the first door, but we held them up at the bridge.

The second round we made them over extend fast on the first doors and got across the bridge. But then it was a tough fight at the second doors because they were a premade. Eventually we got the door with 35 seconds to go. My whole team had over 15 medals each and I had 21 medals.

The last match was Yavin and nobody chased, both teams used more advanced tactics and strategy to try and win (instead of brute force. Just about everyone on both teams did over 2-3 mil dps and we only had 1 healer each, so most us all died at least once. It was probably the most balanced teams I’ve seen in two years.

We ended up losing, but only just and everyone agreed it was an awesome match. Everyone got a vote on both teams and everyone had over 1500+ objective points and there were lots of gold medals.

Both those matches is how I remember pvp used to be played and it’s whats been missing from this game. But I had to pop and leave 12 matches and stay for another 3 meh matches to get 2 good pvp matches.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

@DEV Team

There used to be a time penalty for 15min a long time ago when players left PVP instances but they removed it for a reason.