This is why basing your PVP on PVE content doesn't work

KismetTKM

This is the same thing that happened when Ilum first introduced the walkers and all people would do is sit and "win-trade" to get their dailies finished.

So, I went to the new and improved Ilum the other night and low and behold... More "win-trading" at the Pylon.

http://oi49.tinypic.com/r02m3k.jpg

Bioware/EA needs to understand that people will always follow the path of least resistance. And if it that means getting your dailies done without having to put forth any effort, then people will do it.

How about, only being able to loot the orbs for the pylon from actual players? Same with the memory cores. And forcing a PVP quest to require PVP? Just a wild idea.

This is the same thing that happened when Ilum first introduced the walkers and all people would do is sit and "win-trade" to get their dailies finished.

So, I went to the new and improved Ilum the other night and low and behold... More "win-trading" at the Pylon.

Bioware/EA needs to understand that people will always follow the path of least resistance. And if it that means getting your dailies done without having to put forth any effort, then people will do it.

How about, only being able to loot the orbs for the pylon from actual players? Same with the memory cores. And forcing a PVP quest to require PVP? Just a wild idea.

I think just being able to steal the orbs by killing the player carrying it would be awesome.

That said, it is what you make it. I have been a "crafter" by most accounts as of late, but every time I see a screenshot like this, it is enticing me to look for other people who might like to party crash.

Then why don't you wreak havoc instead of coming here on forums. I just cut in line with my group and kill all then leave.

Another thing people win trade in pvp allllll the time.

People would still kill trade and take 'the path of least resistance' in your idea.

I would love for someone to actually suggest an idea or mechanic to get people to PVP that couldn't be ruined by players 'win trading' or creating 'lines', instead of bashing BioWares attempt. The truth is PVP can always be ruined by the 'P' in PVP... both of them... that's the problem with it, PVP is only as good as the players make it.

I think there real hereos of the Ilum Gree Event are the 'Gank Squads'. They stir things up and force people to use chat to form parties to (wait for it) stop them with PVP.

Then why don't you wreak havoc instead of coming here on forums. I just cut in line with my group and kill all then leave.

Exactly. This is what I don't get.

All these Armchair PvP Devs taking screenies and complaining about something they could actively change if they had the cajones to do it and weren't PvP pretenders. Instead of jumping into an orb conga line with murderous intent, they just run behind the pylon with their tail between their legs, snap a screenie and QQ on the forums.

Sorry, I don't blame the Devs for that fail...it's all on the player(s).

Kinda reminds me of when Recluse's Victory dropped in City of Heroes. There would be tons of pve folks in the pvp zone trying to farm turrets with all kinds of general chat chest beating happening at the same time while the gankfest was going on.

It was mostly a cluster****...but it was also kind of glorious.

And it amazes me in a game like this where i've found so much overt-douchiness in warzones that there isn't enough '******' players to just move in and kill everything in site and claim all prizes as their own?

Exactly. This is what I don't get.

All these Armchair PvP Devs taking screenies and complaining about something they could actively change if they had the cajones to do it and weren't PvP pretenders. Instead of jumping into an orb conga line with murderous intent, they just run behind the pylon with their tail between their legs, snap a screenie and QQ on the forums.

Sorry, I don't blame the Devs for that fail...it's all on the player(s).

Does your chest hurt when you beat it that hard?

And you know what they say, "Assumption is the mother of all f*ckups." Just because I posted a screenie of people win-trading doesn't mean I didn't do my share of ganking them for it. I simply am stating that when you base your PVP around PVE you will get this kind of carebear hand-holding nonsense.

Next time, think before you mouth-breathe all over your keyboard.

Does your chest hurt when you beat it that hard?

And you know what they say, "Assumption is the mother of all f*ckups." Just because I posted a screenie of people win-trading doesn't mean I didn't do my share of ganking them for it. I simply am stating that when you base your PVP around PVE you will get this kind of carebear hand-holding nonsense.

Next time, think before you mouth-breathe all over your keyboard.

But the hand holding carebear stuff is what I like about this. They want to do it with no problems, but to rain on there parade is fun. This is where we show them how a pvp server is suppose to be like. Why get bothered by what other people do. Does it affect you when you are trying to quest? If not what is the issue. Just kill them and get it done. IMHO it is working as intended.

But the hand holding carebear stuff is what I like about this. They want to do it with no problems, but to rain on there parade is fun. This is where we show them how a pvp server is suppose to be like. Why get bothered by what other people do. Does it affect you when you are trying to quest? If not what is the issue. Just kill them and get it done. IMHO it is working as intended.

Oh, I have no problems killing the carebears, I did it for years in SWG. And it doesn't effect my questing, but it does annoy me to no end that the "PVP" server I play on is full of people who specifically avoid PVP. Makes you really proud of your server when you see a bunch of people who'd rather sing Kumbaya than actually take part in what the server was designed for.