Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

I'm going to take a wild guess and say 90% of all servers had the imperials camping republic players just trying to finish their dailies.

It is unacceptable that an entire faction gets a huge pvp gear bonus due to a bug. Nobody likes being camped and they do not deserve being handicapped in future warzones afterwards.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you not read his post? There was no "insane" valor gains unless republic forces consistently were farmed by the same person over and over, and for what 20 valor? You get 1000 valor for a 10 minute warzone.

I'd specifically like to hear whether or not there are plans to fix pvp warzones by instituting cross server queueing, but that's another topic.

thanks for the reply Gabe. I thought for sure we weren't go to hear anything more today on the issue.

its more like 2-300 per kill, there are bonuses for how many objectives you own, Clearly you have no clue whats been going on and how the valour gains were working as of now

No rollback, no resubscribe.

Not playing a game - where I cannot ever redress a balance between outmatched factions.

For those saying they aren't at Ilum levels yet. Neither am I. You're patching this to fix a problem, but leaving the problem as it stands.

I'm done.

If there wasn't any valor gained from said turrets how come so many players would post as such, and secondly, if these changes weren't intended and some players STILL gained significant amounts of valor, why wouldn't you roll back the servers?

More players will complain about a lack of a rollback verses the players that don't have a job/class and could abuse a system that wasn't ready to be released:/

Now philosophically when you've got open world PvP and you've got an objective and you've got like 200 people vs 100 people like and they're going at it whos gonna win? The 200, so we've been really careful in designing our open world PvP....

- Gabe Amatangelo

Great job.

PvP – We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away!

Hey.......you were warned!

Edited by DarthBloodloss

If there wasn't any valor gained from said turrets how come so many players would post as such, and secondly, if these changes weren't intended and some players STILL gained significant amounts of valor, why wouldn't you roll back the servers?

More players will complain about a lack of a rollback verses the players that don't have a job/class and could abuse a system that wasn't ready to be released:/

Because there were people claiming to be banned when they weren't.