Why are the PvPers constantly complaining?

Psychopyro

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well when I have full 180s and don't own ANY PvP gear, and I was trying to actually do it to get gear so I could do it better and all the little jerks can do is insult, how exactly do you expect someone to react.. I tried to be reasonable and explain this to them... DO they want to listen, noooo. They can't be bothered to... Until PvPers actually grow up and act like civilized people, they deserve every bad player they get that does not want to participate.

I'm more of a PVE'er but I do PVP enough to get the weeklies done on most weeks and has full Obroan (a few pieces of Brutalizer also) on 2 characters with nearly full Obroan on a 3rd. With that said, your situation could be resolved rather easily with just a little research on how WZ bolster works. Instead of using your regular PVE gear in WZs, use the gear from classic comm vendors that you can get a full refund on after you're finished for the day. Even those Oricon 156 gear from the one time story quest will do. Now if you don't have enough classic comms, black hole gear also drops regularly from level 50 HM FPs and classic operations.

Honestly, waltzing into warzones in standard PVE gear is really kind of lazy. In effect it is one person choosing to handicap the entire team despite the fact that it is completely unnecessary and easily avoidable just by putting a little effort into pre-match preparations. Of course being cursed at, insulted or other high school level behavior shouldn't be the end result, a little admonishment is probably justifiable under such circumstances.

Getting back to the original topic, yes, some PVP'ers do complain a lot because they want SWTOR to be a PVP centric game. They will continue to cry about it because that reality will probably never come to pass. Must be a sympton of the Call of Duty/Battlefield generation to want every multiplayer game they touch to be centered around PVP..

Edited by Oneirophrenia

Tatooine and the HK quest is a prime example of this. Why should I have to visit a PvP area for a PvE quest item? That makes no damn sense whatsoever.

You do realize there is a tunnel on Tat that lets you bypass the pvp area for the quest, right?

Show me one pure PvP game that lasted as long as a PvE game.

Dark Age of Camelot and Warhammer, off the top of my head. Sad to see the demise of Warhammer, despite the bugs and crappy devs, it was a really fun game.

You people quite honestly, ARE a bunch of animals; plain and simple.

I've been a caregiver to my family for the past twenty five years, but when no one is looking, I pounce on wild animals and tear into them with my razor sharp teeth. Because, warm blood.

I would love to see the day an actual PvP game is invented where there are no safe zones, no gear requirements, no PvE aspects whatsoever, and see how many of you would flock to it and stay there.

As soon as Camelot Unchained is released, you may get your wish. So looking forward to it.

It's funny, no matter what MMO I play, the rift between PVE'rs and PVP'rs rages on. The forum posts are identical. I started as a PVE'r but I couldn't take the constant complaining, crying and moaning (although people losing it in vent was always amusing), and thus began my maniacal descent into PVP. Oh, the irony.

Dying... mostly.... I'm using what skill I can to help.. Taunts to reduce damage to other players... Trying to focus down healers... Things you like actually need to do... But because I am so squishy and die by a sneeze due to bolster being such a screwy system, I get blamed... At least I was trying (which could be more then what some people are doing now)...

It was better when there was an entry level PvP set... at least PvE players could get gear and actually be helpful if all they ever did was PvE... But if all you do is PvE and then a system is put in place where you need to PvP at least some, It's a poor design,and the complaining that is being done is being done so for the wrong reasons..

They took away the entry level PvP sets because PvE'ers cried about it. They were taking the money then complaining about not being able to do much in PvP.

You do realize there is a tunnel on Tat that lets you bypass the pvp area for the quest, right?

Please show me where the tunnel is that leads me to the Jawa that sells both the HK part and the seismic thingy (no, I'm not joking), that does not immediately flag me for PvP (well, gives me a ten second countdown).

Please show me where the tunnel is that leads me to the Jawa that sells both the HK part and the seismic thingy (no, I'm not joking), that does not immediately flag me for PvP (well, gives me a ten second countdown).

Oh please, so few people go to that PvP area on your PvE server it's silly to worry about it. Get over your fear and go get your part. Ask for help if you're afraid.

Seriously, all the conquests you can repeat over and over in the same day without lockouts are PvP... Except the crafting one, but crafting is used by both...

They make it so more people have to do WZ to get weekly goal, you complain.. Bioware gave you content. They gave you more people to kill.

They complain that these new people are bads and should not even be in the PvP area. *** you wanted more people, you did not say you wanted more quality people.. Besides, PvE people have been asking for quality content, you think we get it... please... Now you know how we feel...

Then you complain that the bads just give up and let you kill them over and over just to get it over with... Why are you complaining, you got more people to kill....

They give you ranked WZs and you abuse them, then complain about it...

They give you special PvP only rewards.... you complain...

Can't you people just be happy?

Seriously, you wanted more people for PvP. You want to force everyone to do it. Then when they finally do force it on people, you expect them to be some major boon to PvP challenge for you, only to find out they suck... What did you really expect? Did you really think that these people who PvE all the time were going to be superawesomewolfalphasquadren PvP masters to give you a challenge? You knew they would probably suck (shoot I don't PvP and I KNEW it). You just wanted an easy farm, and now that you got it, it's not so fun anymore is it?

At the time we got 1 new war zone, PvE got 3 new NM modes to Operations. We didn't call for more people to PvP, we called for better PvP. Within our own groups we called out for more PvPers to do ranked PvP which is maybe where the confusion sits.

I have no issue with a PvE'er trying to learn PvP, however, I do have a problem with a PvE'er standing around doing nothing (not even guarding a node) and when called out responds "I am just here to get my BiS relics". It is even worse now because of conquests. People literally just stand outside the cloning area and do nothing.

There are 10 times the threads of PvE'ers complaining about conquests and more than there are about PvP'ers. PvP'ers most common complaint is about class balance.

Who said he was afraid? You should stop insulting people, it's not polite.

It's not an insult. Obviously there's a fear of encountering someone else there right? Why else would there be any hesitation to go grab the part and go? It takes 60 seconds to get there on a mount.

It's not an insult. Obviously there's a fear of encountering someone else there right? Why else would there be any hesitation to go grab the part and go? It takes 60 seconds to get there on a mount.

I'm not afraid of playing FPS games, I just loathe them and the people that play there. So, I don't play it.

I don't do PVP, not because I'm afraid, but because I loathe PVP and hate taking part in it.

Don't mistake distaste and disgust for fear.

But if all you do is PvE and then a system is put in place where you need to PvP at least some, It's a poor design,and the complaining that is being done is being done so for the wrong reasons..

Isn't the inverse just as bad? PvE'ers are crying rivers about PvP being a part of conquests. PvP'ers have to do some PvE to be competitive in conquests why can't PvE'ers do some PvP to be competitive? I still have not found a week where you can't get your personal goals through something other than PvP.

Oh please, so few people go to that PvP area on your PvE server it's silly to worry about it. Get over your fear and go get your part. Ask for help if you're afraid.

Who said anything about fear? I swear you PvP'ers just pull crap outta nowhere. Not liking PvP does not equate to being afraid. Shall I direct you to a dictionary lad? When you can hold off three of the most dangerous classes all by yourself for over 4 minutes, then you can talk to me.

Lol PvP; as if.

I'm not afraid of playing FPS games, I just loathe them and the people that play there. So, I don't play it.

I don't do PVP, not because I'm afraid, but because I loathe PVP and hate taking part in it.

Don't mistake distaste and disgust for fear.

My point is that there's so little PvP there that there's no reason to avoid the area. I assume he (and you) is on a PvE server, meaning like-minded players are also likely to make up the bulk of players there. The area is large enough that even IF you see someone, you can usually avoid them. I play on a PvP server and I've run into players there less than a handful of times...and of the maybe 4 encounters I've had, I've initiated the attack at least 50% of the time.

You seem overly emotional over the thought of PvP...why play a game that has something you "loathe" and have such disgust for?

Who said anything about fear? I swear you PvP'ers just pull crap outta nowhere. Not liking PvP does not equate to being afraid. Shall I direct you to a dictionary lad? When you can hold off three of the most dangerous classes all by yourself for over 4 minutes, then you can talk to me.

Lol PvP; as if.

Then go get the part. I'm not the one who was complaining - you were.

Why do people always say "if you want to PVP, go to PVP server"? I don't want to play on pure PVP server because I don't feel like being attacked when I'm doing PVE content. Doesn't mean I never want to PVP, I just don't want to PVP all the time. Its a ridiculous argument. Edited by Nickious

Why do people always say "if you want to PVP, go to PVP server"? I don't want to play on pure PVP server because I don't feel like being attacked when I'm doing PVE content. Doesn't mean I never want to PVP, I just don't want to PVP all the time. Its a ridiculous argument.

Agreed! PvE server doesn't mean PvPless.

My point is that there's so little PvP there that there's no reason to avoid the area. I assume he (and you) is on a PvE server, meaning like-minded players are also likely to make up the bulk of players there. The area is large enough that even IF you see someone, you can usually avoid them. I play on a PvP server and I've run into players there less than a handful of times...and of the maybe 4 encounters I've had, I've initiated the attack at least 50% of the time.

You seem overly emotional over the thought of PvP...why play a game that has something you "loathe" and have such disgust for?

Why play TOR if it has PVP in it? Because 99% of the time, the developers don't push us into it. It's there, but I can step around it, ignore it, avoid it. It's only rarely that the game developers try and force me into it, like putting HK parts in the Den, or planting GSI objectives there. Or putting Commanders in PVP spots.

I deal with it as best as I can, but it's like something smelly on the bottom of my shoe. I'll step into it if I must, but only for as long as I need to, and then I'm scrap-ing it off as quick as possible.

I'd do a jig if they completely removed PVP from TOR, but they want PVPers here too, so...Honestly, I wish they'd just stop pushing people into either one. I mean, I chose a PVE server for a reason.

Edited by Infernixx

Why do people always say "if you want to PVP, go to PVP server"? I don't want to play on pure PVP server because I don't feel like being attacked when I'm doing PVE content. Doesn't mean I never want to PVP, I just don't want to PVP all the time. Its a ridiculous argument.

People play on PVE server because it's EASIER to farm pugs.

I am brand new to this game, have no characters at 55, and know nothing about HK. Kinda of why I only addressed the tunnel on Tat for the quest in that area.

You should stop insulting people, it's not polite.

Right? PvP'ers being called half-wits and animals isn't insulting at all. Hint: That was my first forum post here, can you guess why?

Yep, my attitude is the greatest. Who ever mentioned anything about an RP server? If you are going to contribute, don't bring in crap that has nothing to do with the topic at hand

I responded to most of your points, and you chose to ignore almost all of them. Can't win for losing.

Why is it that on a PvE server, a PvE quest requires me to venture into a PvP area? For what purpose? To make me PvP? Ain't gonna happen bub. You'll make me detest it more because I am being forced to participate when all I wish to do is quest.

The players didn't make it that way, so why go off on them? Seems a bit nonsensical.

The fact of the matter is, y'all claim to want PvP but refuse to take part in proper PvP. When was the last time you actually fought someone sans any gear whatsoever, and only a level 10 weapon to make the playing field even? Never, that's when.

I'll let you speak for yourself:

If you are going to contribute, don't bring in crap that has nothing to do with the topic at hand

Oh and, someone who doesn't PvP dictating what constitutes "proper" PvP. I giggled. Mostly because I don't even know what you're talking about there. Do people who run OPs (aka PvE'rs) do them with no gear and level 10 weapons?

It's always being loud and being geared with you people, but no skill involved whatsoever.

Of course this would never apply to PvE'rs, because they do OPs with no gear and level 10 weapons. And they NEVER melt down when things go wrong.

In summary, PvP'ers don't have balls and are animals.

Taking the high road, very admirable. Incidentally, you're right, I don't have balls (do metaphorical ones count?), but I already confessed my secret regarding being an animal. Warm blood. Yum.