Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GTN "Hot Items"

TheGreyRanger
09.23.2018 , 10:01 AM | #11
I do decently with crafted dyes

Khaleg
09.23.2018 , 10:07 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
I'm seeing more and more theads about profit. Seems as if SWTOR has turned into a profit game.
It's part of the game and it can be fun just to see how irrational some market participants act - I'd actually say unmatched stupid hehe.
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

Lhancelot
09.23.2018 , 01:53 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaleg View Post
It's part of the game and it can be fun just to see how irrational some market participants act - I'd actually say unmatched stupid hehe.
Yeah they exist on all MMOs too. Some people enjoy this part of the game more than any other part actually... I enjoy the market part/crafting on MMOs but have met some that take it to a whole other level.

Some people almost seem territorial over it, for instance if you craft and sell something others do you will get tells from them either trying to instruct you on how you should be selling your items, or they make comments in the chat channels insulting you or how/what you sell.
If you care about the future of this game, please read this post by Joonbeams.
A "Ludicrous and Limited" Path to Tier 5 (a.k.a. the Case for Bolster to 258)
BW/EA, you will lose more players if you continue to punish PVP and alts.

Andryah
09.23.2018 , 02:15 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Yeah they exist on all MMOs too. Some people enjoy this part of the game more than any other part actually... I enjoy the market part/crafting on MMOs but have met some that take it to a whole other level.
Yeah.. even earlier MMOs that did not have a direct selling channel market setup had this as well. So this has been true for as many years as I have played MMOs (almost 20 years now).

I found it to be the most effective way to play an MMO and be both self-sufficient and fully inoculated from any changes inside an MMO that had an economic component to it (which is just about anything that involves highly coveted gear or other items). Like now, in the lead up to the new tier 5 gear (which has only been vaguely teased out to us so far).... those who have no wealth creation/maintenance plan in game are screaming about this, while others are simply going to take a wait and see on it for more details, and others are not going to sweat it at all because they have been working a personal wealth plan in game since they began playing and understand that time/credits/other-resources are all fully interchangeable in an MMO.

I like working the player economy for income because it is: 1) high leverage (it works for me while I am doing other things in game as well when logged off.. so it is a 7/24 credit factory in game) 2) high flexibility, as you can simply carve out a few niches and work them to personal profit and ignore the rest of the market. 3) it evolves naturally over time, and as long as you understand this and have a reasonable grasp for what players like/crave and will pay for... you have an endless market enterprise as long as you shift with it. 4) it yields profit in credits...... and credits are the real lubricant in the player economy that allows any player to have access to anything they want in game (other then BoP/BoL drops in game which are not tradeable).

Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Some people almost seem territorial over it, for instance if you craft and sell something others do you will get tells from them either trying to instruct you on how you should be selling your items, or they make comments in the chat channels insulting you or how/what you sell.
Heh.. yeah.... economic PvP is alive and well in MMOs, and likely always will be.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Andryah
09.23.2018 , 02:20 PM | #15
There is no absolute answer to the question posed by the OP. The "Hot Items" varies by server and varies over time (sometimes rapidly). There are also simply too many segments and niches in the market as well... and one key to playing this aspect of the game well is understanding demand on the server you are working, as well as understanding the fair market pricing for your server.

I see wild differences on any given day between the two NA servers on a range of popular and high value items. In fact.. I would offer that the high value hot items are the most volatile and with volatility comes risk of getting your backside handed to you... so diversification is really key to be successful long term in the markets.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Liquor
09.23.2018 , 08:23 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post
Most of those require using real money to do though.
Key is to have referalls and especially those that are still subs. Refresh them every 90 days.
CC don't run out.

Also I'll buy up the under cutters and resell at more than double the cost. Those under cutters don't even know what they are missing out on by under cutting each other over and over.

CaptRogue
09.25.2018 , 11:16 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
I'm seeing more and more theads about profit. Seems as if SWTOR has turned into a profit game.
Well over the weekend it was all this OP who did it. >.>

Quote: Originally Posted by Liquor View Post
Key is to have referalls and especially those that are still subs. Refresh them every 90 days.
CC don't run out.

Also I'll buy up the under cutters and resell at more than double the cost. Those under cutters don't even know what they are missing out on by under cutting each other over and over.
I used to have a ton but when BW went Full dumbness & made it nothing but chapters I lost all but like 2-4 from like 25 or more subs. *smh*

Ehh all depends on the item. Some items aren't worth it.
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!