And we're down to just calling people cheaters

TheWookinator

This may be a bit of a rant so, the TL-DR is - don't call people cheaters in GSF and fraps/report them just because you don't understand the mechanics/situation.

I was playing GSF on a pub alt today (POT5) and after a game, an imp player logged over and said "I've just frapsed your instakills, you will be reported and banned. Goodbye!" I tried to respond but the coward logged before I could. So I sent him a mail explaining. He responded that what I said was impossible and then DELETED THE TOON so I couldn't respond again.

The situation is this: I "one-shotted" his upgraded scout with my flashfire. While this does seem a bit OP, it's not cheating in any way. To explain, I had fully upgraded burst lasers with blaster overcharge and bypass rolling. Then, I got a crit on him that "one shot" him (however it may have been two quick burst laser pulses, I really don't remember). It happens. Not often, but it does sometimes (in fact I've been on the receiving end a time or two).

The overall point I'm trying to make here is that GSF is new. There are mechanics that most people still don't understand. Calling people cheaters because you're getting owned is really just a self-insult (i.e., this guy is beating me so bad he MUST be cheating. but he's not cheating, so you're just bad). Maybe I'm beating a dead horse here but I don't think this point can be stressed enough. I fully welcome balance changes when come because, let's be honest, it's no fun to be on the receiving end of a beatdown due to an OP ship/class. But GSF is so new that no one really knows what proper balancing should be yet (with the exception of no ion gun love taps from gunships). Just my two cents. Anyone else been accused of cheating for handing out wicked beatdowns?

Edited by TheWookinator

I got my butt handed to me a lot today on my Imp character by a certain pilot... He almost had me yelling at my monitor! When I logged my Pub flyer and found myself in a match with the very player who was murdering me previously, I acknowledged him in a positive way... He's obviously a very good player and therefore has my respect. Edited by archifikoss

Thanks for the responses. I couldn't agree with you guys more. When I see a good pilot (or pilots) on the other team, I really enjoy the competition. There are a few pilots (on both factions) that I respect as great players, and playing against these folks is what allows you to improve. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the the scenario where there are so many bads in my sights I can't recharge blasters fast enough, but those games don't allow you to improve. Props to the good pilots! Don't call us cheaters, just practice. Not trying to sound elitest (I help new people when I can), just don't call me a cheater when I own you.

I've had people calling me cheater too, "how could you survive all those shots hitting you?!" when really it's all about evading and using the abilities you are given.

Only ignorant people cry "hax" about things they don't understand instead of making an effort of learning the game mechanics...

Yesterday i tried to dogfight one guy on his flashfire scout. No naming. Ive been tailing him for a minute or even two, with a company of my mate, flying rycer. We were shooting at him, my blaster pool was going zero frequently with generators working for it.

Later after that match finished ive asked my friend '*** was with that guy?'. I noticed that only 1 of 20 shots were decided as 'hits' with flying damage numbers. And yes i know about evasion 41% passive, over 100% active, but that evasion is very limited by time. And another evasion ability for 15% for 20 seconds wont give u a minute of such amazing evasion. Also my cluster missiles were hitting, but his shield was going up too fast.

How can u explaing that dogfight? His lag? Laggy people cant kill 12+ ships. And ive seen lags in GSF, people are flying straight ahead, not getting hits, then they are teleported back, rubber lag effect. That guy was doing evasive manuevers, trying to shake our lockons off.

I was using s-13 with bursts and cluster missiles, staying mostly at 1.5 - 2k range. My mate ran rycer with heavy lasers and concussion missiles.

Dogfight ended in our defeat, because reps came to help him and just overwhelmed us.

Yesterday i tried to dogfight one guy on his flashfire scout. No naming. Ive been tailing him for a minute or even two, with a company of my mate, flying rycer. We were shooting at him, my blaster pool was going zero frequently with generators working for it.

Later after that match finished ive asked my friend '*** was with that guy?'. I noticed that only 1 of 20 shots were decided as 'hits' with flying damage numbers. And yes i know about evasion 41% passive, over 100% active, but that evasion is very limited by time. And another evasion ability for 15% for 20 seconds wont give u a minute of such amazing evasion. Also my cluster missiles were hitting, but his shield was going up too fast.

How can u explaing that dogfight? His lag? Laggy people cant kill 12+ ships. And ive seen lags in GSF, people are flying straight ahead, not getting hits, then they are teleported back, rubber lag effect. That guy was doing evasive manuevers, trying to shake our lockons off.

I was using s-13 with bursts and cluster missiles, staying mostly at 1.5 - 2k range. My mate ran rycer with heavy lasers and concussion missiles.

Dogfight ended in our defeat, because reps came to help him and just overwhelmed us.

See my thread "Is it just me? Are scouts op?"

We discuss heavily the evasion mechanic as we the burst mechanic on the Scout, I feel that more and more people are coming to the realization that the scout is in fact greater then the strike fighter.

I've heard the argument that "It's the Pilots not the class" but Scouts own the leader boards, in medals, kills, and objective points. Maybe that is really the problem, I'm a striker pilot I know I'm doing my share of the work in a match, but that involves a lot of Tanking behavior such as drawing enemies away from control points either with missile painting or being bait. If they are away from control points they are not taking them, unfortunately I think the problem is that Strikers are ill rewarded for the roll they play.

I do not believe all the good pilots are flying scout either. The striker is very much a pilots fighter and can out fly a scout in any situation other then wide open space, and even then the striker can out brake and out turn a scout at close range. It's my belief that the Scout provides a natural buff to otherwise equal ability in pilots, scout needs a nerf in one of these areas:

evasion

shields

firepower

accuracy

personally I'm in the nerf accuracy/firepower camp.

Anyone else been accused of cheating for handing out wicked beatdowns?

You have no idea.

We get called cheaters by our own team because they can't get any points on the board before we reset the enemy team back to their mothership.

Edited by -Shadowfist-

This may be a bit of a rant so, the TL-DR is - don't call people cheaters in GSF and fraps/report them just because you don't understand the mechanics/situation.

I was playing GSF on a pub alt today (POT5) and after a game, an imp player logged over and said "I've just frapsed your instakills, you will be reported and banned. Goodbye!" I tried to respond but the coward logged before I could. So I sent him a mail explaining. He responded that what I said was impossible and then DELETED THE TOON so I couldn't respond again.

The situation is this: I "one-shotted" his upgraded scout with my flashfire. While this does seem a bit OP, it's not cheating in any way. To explain, I had fully upgraded burst lasers with blaster overcharge and bypass rolling. Then, I got a crit on him that "one shot" him (however it may have been two quick burst laser pulses, I really don't remember). It happens. Not often, but it does sometimes (in fact I've been on the receiving end a time or two).

The overall point I'm trying to make here is that GSF is new. There are mechanics that most people still don't understand. Calling people cheaters because you're getting owned is really just a self-insult (i.e., this guy is beating me so bad he MUST be cheating. but he's not cheating, so you're just bad). Maybe I'm beating a dead horse here but I don't think this point can be stressed enough. I fully welcome balance changes when come because, let's be honest, it's no fun to be on the receiving end of a beatdown due to an OP ship/class. But GSF is so new that no one really knows what proper balancing should be yet (with the exception of no ion gun love taps from gunships). Just my two cents. Anyone else been accused of cheating for handing out wicked beatdowns?

They are morons, enough said really, a good line up with everything even if you are not fully upgraded make it seem like you oneshot the,... eg. a missile + heavy fire.

Also let him report you, don't feed the troll by trying to take contact to him, if you did nothing wrong... you have nothing to fear lol

Also now.. whenever you see him hush your friends onto him or something or kill him yourself, eventually over time he will realize it is not you but himself that is crappy at what he/she do.

I had a guy demand to know how I was using a joystick to achieve "unnatural" moves in my ship two days after launch. He kept asking for the name of the program, he was sure I was using. In the end I had a laugh about it and chatted with the guy a bit about tactics, but I was a bit shocked that some would automatically assume that I was "cheating" to get an edge because I was having success.

I have only see one cheat to get to stations before the map starts, but that seems to have been patched up and I had only seen it done a handful of times in that window where it was possible.

Simple fact is people will cheat in any game and people will find ways to break the intended rules of the game, but 99/100 it is not understanding what has happened as the OP and others have said.

OP, don't listen to that guy, anyone stupid enough to delete a character just to make sure you could never respond to him is truly either crazy or spiteful, or just trolling the crap out of everyone on a new character he made just for that purpose of trolling and was planning to delete all along. Anyway, op, don't listen to that guy he was probably just trolling to get you angry, you know you did not cheat, we all know you didn't cheat, and Bioware regularly scans for out of place damage so they will throw away that "report" (if that troll even really placed one) so yeah, you are fine.

OP, don't listen to that guy, anyone stupid enough to delete a character just to make sure you could never respond to him is truly either crazy or spiteful, or just trolling the crap out of everyone on a new character he made just for that purpose of trolling and was planning to delete all along. Anyway, op, don't listen to that guy he was probably just trolling to get you angry, you know you did not cheat, we all know you didn't cheat, and Bioware regularly scans for out of place damage so they will throw away that "report" (if that troll even really placed one) so yeah, you are fine.

He probably didn't delete the character. I'm betting the OP sent him another mail, and it came back "character does not exist", which is also the message you get if someone has blocked you. The guy probably just blocked the OP. Still irrational and childish, but slightly less with the crazy.

He must be built for Shield Regen. It's what i run on my Fighter. I think i have a shield regen delay companion, and have regeneration maxed out. On my launch hangar it says i have 3 seconds of not getting hit before my shields start to regen back. When dogfighting i find that 3 seconds is enough time and i just regen all that cluster missile damage back.

my flashfire is built to not get hit very much because of speed and maneuverability. if it does get hit, it is largely able to shrug off damage taken due to its quick charge shields and regen reactor.

I tried blaster overcharge. didn't care for it. with my quick charge shield mastered, I regen shields almost as fast as I lose them. so basically, if you aren't able to put constant sustained pressure on me (which you most likely cant because im quicker and faster than you), you will not kill me.

He probably didn't delete the character. I'm betting the OP sent him another mail, and it came back "character does not exist", which is also the message you get if someone has blocked you. The guy probably just blocked the OP. Still irrational and childish, but slightly less with the crazy.

I had considered this. But the mail he sent me now says it's from "Character has been deleted"

See my thread "Is it just me? Are scouts op?"

We discuss heavily the evasion mechanic as we the burst mechanic on the Scout, I feel that more and more people are coming to the realization that the scout is in fact greater then the strike fighter.

I've heard the argument that "It's the Pilots not the class" but Scouts own the leader boards, in medals, kills, and objective points. Maybe that is really the problem, I'm a striker pilot I know I'm doing my share of the work in a match, but that involves a lot of Tanking behavior such as drawing enemies away from control points either with missile painting or being bait. If they are away from control points they are not taking them, unfortunately I think the problem is that Strikers are ill rewarded for the roll they play.

I do not believe all the good pilots are flying scout either. The striker is very much a pilots fighter and can out fly a scout in any situation other then wide open space, and even then the striker can out brake and out turn a scout at close range. It's my belief that the Scout provides a natural buff to otherwise equal ability in pilots, scout needs a nerf in one of these areas:

evasion

shields

firepower

accuracy

personally I'm in the nerf accuracy/firepower camp.

I don't normally do this, but seriously learn to play. Scouts are not OP and do not control the leaderboards all round. It all boils down to pilot skill.

I've played probably 500 matches, and the same pilots dominate in whichever fighter they happen to be playing. I've seen many, many Strikers and Gunships that to a player such as yourself would seem completely OP as well.

My advice, practice a little more. GSF works just fine.

I don't normally do this, but seriously learn to play. Scouts are not OP and do not control the leaderboards all round. It all boils down to pilot skill.

I've played probably 500 matches, and the same pilots dominate in whichever fighter they happen to be playing. I've seen many, many Strikers and Gunships that to a player such as yourself would seem completely OP as well.

My advice, practice a little more. GSF works just fine.

The beauty is that all 3 classes have been lambasted as being OP. I can't take credit for this (kudos to the original author whoever you are), but ... somewhere deep inside Bioware is a team who, after having perused this forum, are high fiving each other and laughing their asses off.