Returning player from 2 year hiatus, Thoughts.

TL_Roff

ok, first off, the more recent or not so recent but really really noticeable changes.

F2P players..

Hey you guys.. do something about the escrow account system, because it's stupidly overpriced for any F2P player to get their in game money out of it. You have a new HIGHER credit limit for F2P customers.. give them their escrow cash or set up a way for them to get it without having to hit the cash shop up to the new limit.

It's good that the company finally showed some mercy to the F2P players, now... follow through and finish the job please because it displeases me that this was not considered. Please note that a good part of the reason I resubbed was so I could post about this on these forums. I would have no issue what so ever not renewing in a few months. I walked away from SWTOR before I can easily walk away again. I like the game but I'm a retired ex game store owner and I believe in treating customers fairly and honestly. It's a really big thing with me.

Work on getting the game more f2p friendly. And if nothing else give the f2p players their own forum section so that you can get feedback from them. because currently still f2p cannot post at all. so give em a forum so they can ***** when they feel they have something worth ************ about. The world is changing and player attitudes are changing... mostly due to the phenomenally bad screw up your parent corp made last year on another Star Wars title.. Yea, that was.... smooth. The attention is real. Very Very Real.

Not about to do any suggesting of anything to EA as it's pretty clear that the addiction in the board room to loot boxes is far far far worse than that the customers have. They're not really hot on actually listening other then when their collective corporate selves have tender parts of their collective anatomy exposed to serious hazard You how ever are bioware...and maybe just maybe your listening. Because your certainly capable of making a helleva MMO. even with the EA inspired greed and the whole games as a service load of dead rotting fish. Right there with the Jimquistion on my opinion of that load of clap trap. This is a sub based game so you have a guaranteed income.. everything beyond that is pure unmitigated greed. Blizzard managed for years without stacked microtransactions in WOW. Evey one pretends to forget that. I gurss it's.... inconvenient.

I'm curious as to what sort of plans you have for the inevitable change. The game might have to go 18 and older period. On the other hand that might just open up some artistic leeway to bring in some more "adult" themes in future story lines.. There's really all ready been some of that with same gender romantic relationships developing in game post Knights of the Eternal Throne... which still feel somewhat clunky and awkward, but keep plugging ladies and gents, you'll get there. Might need to retcon some content so it flows better.. though Theron saying "ok, thats nice.. it feels strange but flattering..somehow (pregnant pause)" is a bit of a hoot. No matter. It can either be crippling or it can be an opportunity. Your other SciFi IP competition STO however is going to take it in the shorts. That game is utterly dependent on milking the whales for all they have and make the worst of EA practices look tame in comparison. And did I mention it has a stupidly complex space combat system that's nearly unplayable without running macro's (no the player is not really running their ship) and a ground combat system that makes SWTOR's look sophisticated? I know, go figure! Either way when the laws and regs go in, STO is hosed. And it'll be Cryptic Studio's own greedy *** fault.

Yes I've been careful to not be to critical of Bioware, but you can do better.

Sent

ok, first off, the more recent or not so recent but really really noticeable changes.

F2P players..

Hey you guys.. do something about the escrow account system, because it's stupidly overpriced for any F2P player to get their in game money out of it. You have a new HIGHER credit limit for F2P customers.. give them their escrow cash or set up a way for them to get it without having to hit the cash shop up to the new limit.

"True" F2P don't matter at all for the studio, for good reason. They aren't paying *anything*.

Work on getting the game more f2p friendly.

Why? You haven't explained this at all.

And if nothing else give the f2p players their own forum section so that you can get feedback from them. because currently still f2p cannot post at all. so give em a forum so they can ***** when they feel they have something worth ************ about.

And police it very thoroughly, since F2P (even Preferred) will have less to lose than we subs do.

The world is changing and player attitudes are changing... mostly due to the phenomenally bad screw up your parent corp made last year on another Star Wars title.. Yea, that was.... smooth. The attention is real. Very Very Real.

For all real purposes, you might as well treat BioWare as a tentacle of Electronic Arts, because that's what it is.

This is a sub based game so you have a guaranteed income.. everything beyond that is pure unmitigated greed.

"guaranteed" is a bit strong here. I pay for my subscription because it suits me to do so. It means that I don't have to think about "oh, it's time to sub for a month so I can get the new expansion", nor about "Oh [REDACTED], I've pushed past the Preferred credit limit."(0) But I don't spend as much on other stuff as I used to, and if it stops suiting me to pay a sub, I'll stop.

I'm curious as to what sort of plans you have for the inevitable change. The game might have to go 18 and older period.

I'm curious about your justification for this assertion. I'm not *disputing* it (I can think of several reasons why it might happen) but I want to know why *you* think it would happen.

On the other hand that might just open up some artistic leeway to bring in some more "adult" themes in future story lines.. There's really all ready been some of that with same gender romantic relationships developing in game post Knights of the Eternal Throne...

You need to pay much better attention to the history of the game. The first SSRs were Lemda Avesta (lesbian) and Lord Cytharat (gay) in Rise of the Hutt Cartel (2.0). The first SSRs *with*companions* were Lana Beniko, Koth Vortena, and Theron Shan (all three playersexual rather than monopreference-homosexual) in Knights of the Fallen Empire (4.0). Knights of the Eternal Throne was 5.0, more than a year after KotFE.

which still feel somewhat clunky and awkward, but keep plugging ladies and gents, you'll get there. Might need to retcon some content so it flows better.. though Theron saying "ok, thats nice.. it feels strange but flattering..somehow (pregnant pause)" is a bit of a hoot. No matter. It can either be crippling or it can be an opportunity

Paragraph break inserted to separate different ideas.

Your other SciFi IP competition STO however is going to take it in the shorts. That game is utterly dependent on milking the whales for all they have and make the worst of EA practices look tame in comparison. And did I mention it has a stupidly complex space combat system that's nearly unplayable without running macro's (no the player is not really running their ship) and a ground combat system that makes SWTOR's look sophisticated? I know, go figure! Either way when the laws and regs go in, STO is hosed. And it'll be Cryptic Studio's own greedy *** fault.

I'm not a fan of STO's ship-to-ship combat, that's for sure, and the ground combat is a bit clunky at low levels, but I wouldn't want to describe SWTOR's as *smooth* at low levels at all.

Yes I've been careful to not be to critical of Bioware

This statement lacks ... something.(1)

(0) I played for two years as F2P or Preferred. I never went beyond about 2/3 of the relevant credit limit.

(1) Coded politeness.

Edited by SteveTheCynic