Disable Inspect player

vecnysamotar

I think he meant to say, that he wants BW to remove the "inspect player" which I think is an inane move. I for one, love t check out all the neat looking clothes people put on their charries.

Me too! I see awesome outfits, so I inspect to see what those parts are called so I write the names down and start looking for them on the GTN. Or if someone is recommending stats at a range that they use on that particular toon, I inspect and write down the stats and numbers for myself.

I also like to think someone else is inspecting my characters to see what they're wearing as well sometimes.

I might be able to shed some Light on this?

I have a feeling he did a in group Op or a Fp or Perhaps WZ, or something on those lines, and some one inspected him and he wasn't geared up enough for their liking and had him booted out of group. Is my guess? So most likely it happened on more then one occasion? So he figures if there was no, "inspect player" feature, then no one would know what gear he had and all would be Well for him to play on with said group?

What do you all think, am i right or close to it or all wrong?

LotRO made a move sometime back to reduce the amount of things we could see in the inspect panel. Before they nerfed our ability to inspect players, we could see gear, the traits they slotted, and more. Now, we can no longer see their traits, we can only see most of their gear. It created issues for raid leaders.

While it is nice for players who are under geared or not traited well to be able to get into groups to do the 12 man raids in LotRO, it was not nice for leaders to bring someone in, assuming they were geared and traited properly for whatever they were doing, and not be able to finish because of that one person who didn't want to put the work in to get himself up to par.

So, no, I will not support any nerf to our ability to inspect players. If anything, it'd be nice to be able to see more, such as what utilities the player has chosen. Utilities are swtor's version of lotro's traits, btw, in case you didn't understand what I meant by traits above.

I think you're probably right. Just to add another possibility - he tried to join a HM OPs speed run and raid leader asked for achievements.

I have a feeling he did a in group Op or a Fp or Perhaps WZ, or something on those lines, and some one inspected him and he wasn't geared up enough for their liking and had him booted out of group. Is my guess? So most likely it happened on more then one occasion? So he figures if there was no, "inspect player" feature, then no one would know what gear he had and all would be Well for him to play on with said group?

You're probably right about this. I also kick player in HC FPs with not "enough" gear or those who don't even bother to put crystals into their weapons. If you don't even bother basic mechanics you have no place in my group.

You're probably right about this. I also kick player in HC FPs with not "enough" gear or those who don't even bother to put crystals into their weapons. If you don't even bother basic mechanics you have no place in my group.

That's partially BWs fault - I don't understand the reasoning they had to make all weapons without a crystal - they could at least put some default one instead. It's happened to me a couple of times to get a new weapon and forget to put a crystal in it.

I think you're probably right, or someone inspected their gear and either was a jerk without teaching about it or was being honest and trying to be helpful and it bruised their ego.

I don't think it's going to happen. Even with the occasional abuse, it's still very useful most of the time. I like it because

• I can check out outfits/looks/dyes/weapons and look up item names.

• it helps me help people. It's so much easier to help players gear their character when I can just take a look at their gear instead of quizzing them about the stats of every single item, especially when new players are not familiar with the terms and the GUI and when the shift-click to chat omits stuff like augments, for example.

• while some people kick players from a group if they're under-geared, we usually use it to help our pugs with a quick, instant upgrade so we can get past the content. Inspecting helps in figuring out which quick upgrade would be most beneficial. (Or it helps to determine that the gear is all right and therefore skill must be lacking, so we can focus on teaching rotation/mechanics instead of teaching gearing.)

• it helped me a couple times when, after switching gear, I forgot to equip an item or two and someone inspected my gear and told me e.g. my boots or helmet have only empty slots. Without inspect and just looking at the HP, they would just have kicked me for being under-geared.

• inspecting achievements helps me understand how familiar a player is with the game and certain game features, so I know where to start explaining or what to use as reference.

• inspecting schematics is a nice way of previewing items before a crafting order is placed, or make sure someone can actually craft the item they take orders for.
  • etc.

If it's technically possible, I wouldn't be opposed to a confirmation dialog, though, i.e. "Player X wants to inspect your character. Are you OK with that?"

Declining that request would not prevent being kicked or excluded from groups, though, it would just make it even more likely.

Ironically I have got into groups that weren't going to take me after I asked them to inspect me. "Why are you low health?"," well I'm using pvp armourings for the set bonuses, the gear is mainly 216 with 208 relics, but as you can see I have 220 mainhand and everything is augmented. My dps is 4.6k and if you have star parse I can demonstrate that to you on a dummy?","you have been invited by xxx to a group"

I dont have issue with Inspect Player, but rather with Inspect Achevements function. I'm tired of being expected to carry pugs and being some sort of god player by having 100% operations. Quit it, they were grinded with teamwork, one player cannot save a bad pug no matter how much you complain about it (some people seem to think if you point fingers hard enough it magically makes a bad pug better). I'd love to have invisible achievements for this reason. I enjoy raiding with pugs, but the minute they comment on my achievements I just want to leave. Treat me like you treat everyone else without achieves in the group, for godsakes. Tired of getting both the bootlickers trying to get in on easi guild action and fingerpointers who chose the biggest mark because they wanted a carry. Edited by Kiesu

I dont have issue with Inspect Player, but rather with Inspect Achevements function. I'm tired of being expected to carry pugs and being some sort of god player by having 100% operations. Quit it, they were grinded with teamwork, one player cannot save a bad pug no matter how much you complain about it (some people seem to think if you point fingers hard enough it magically makes a bad pug better). I'd love to have invisible achievements for this reason. I enjoy raiding with pugs, but the minute they comment on my achievements I just want to leave. Treat me like you treat everyone else without achieves in the group, for godsakes. Tired of getting both the bootlickers trying to get in on easi guild action and fingerpointers who chose the biggest mark because they wanted a carry.

And that is the point why the "inspect button" is fine. I'am tyred of carring people who don't look up simple things like "why is my weapon yellow?" or "why does the first boss in foundry kill me all the time?".

If it was EVER a match... Boy, it's 2016 not 2005. Look it up on the internet... Damn lazy millenials...

Edited by AFacelessOne

Let's say BioWare adds an option to "block" inspect player request..

Result would be the same. They would kick you because they can't see your gear.

I rarely see people kick others due to medicore gear without giving them a chanse at first. Hell, we had to pug some players to fill some gear grind runs early-expansion. Some were garbagre even while having gear of our level, and some were great and had no problem pumping out minium dps requirement for harder HMs in full pvp gear. We ended up recruiting a lot of people like this. You miss a lot of gems if the only thing you're looking at is their armor rating, and thats their loss and they dont deserve the gems anyway if you ask me.

Edited by Kiesu

Inspect the ban that player?

I use the inspect feature all the time to help a friend optimize his gear since I can see exactly what he is using and his stats. No.

And honestly it wouldn't solve your issue of being kicked from a group. People would see your low HP and would assume your gear sucks or that you have not a single augment, in the end you would still get the boot.

Edited by demotivator

1. With all the legacy gear availably it's very common for guys to share gear between their same class/spec toons, I have more then once seen people arrive for OPS nude lol

2. I was on Korriban a couple days ago, 60+ people there, 2 guys in chat (not trolling) totally convinced it's ok for a DPS spec toon to use some tank gear. I tried telling them hybrids are long gone in SWTOR, that every point wasted on shield/absorb/defense were DPS points they will lose, hurting their group and forcing the group to carry them. Over 60 people there, and only one other guy agreed with me. I told them to go to fleet and try joining a HM OPS group lol.

3. SM OPS about a week ago several guildies and I try to pug a healer, we get a DPS spec'd Sorc, in tank gear, who wants to main heal lol. I offered several times to help him out with gear/roles whatever, nope, nothing, boot.

and we wonder why real MMO's seem to be dying

Inspect is your friend, unless you have countless hours to waste on people with zero interest in actually learning the game

2. I was on Korriban a couple days ago, 60+ people there, 2 guys in chat (not trolling) totally convinced it's ok for a DPS spec toon to use some tank gear. I tried telling them hybrids are long gone in SWTOR, that every point wasted on shield/absorb/defense were DPS points they will lose, hurting their group and forcing the group to carry them. Over 60 people there, and only one other guy agreed with me. I told them to go to fleet and try joining a HM OPS group lol.

Actually for leveling it's not such a bad idea. Last toon i leveled was a vengeance guardian using shield instead of focus and changing to soresu in tfp. You have better control over the fights that way and the shield still gives some mitigation while your leveling experience is not affected so much by the low dmg tank does. Once 65 switched entirely to tank though.

Edited by Tsetso

1. With all the legacy gear availably it's very common for guys to share gear between their same class/spec toons, I have more then once seen people arrive for OPS nude lol
I only play healers and DPS. I have sets of Legacy Gear modded for those roles at various levels (starting at level 8, through level 65). I frequently forget to grab the armor I need for an alt before playing. If I'm doing a FP or other group content, it's embarrassing as hell.