I regret a lot of choices i made and by a lot i mean a lot

H_Y_D_R_A

+new game like feature that allows us players to change our choices at the same time keep our items , stats , and abilities instead of turning replays into what ifs , please? :( [/b]also,i skipped shadow of revan without knowing that it would permanently be gone after shifting to kotfe

As I recall, the choices made during SoR have no impact on anything past it. I don't even recall the events of SoR even being mentioned. I could be wrong and if I am I hope someone says so.

However, given the issues they seem to have with story skipping I'm not sure they would want to implement something else that affects story flags. I'm not saying they won't but it's probably not a priority.

As I recall, the choices made during SoR have no impact on anything past it. I don't even recall the events of SoR even being mentioned. I could be wrong and if I am I hope someone says so.

However, given the issues they seem to have with story skipping I'm not sure they would want to implement something else that affects story flags. I'm not saying they won't but it's probably not a priority.

Several references are made to the events on Ziost

Several references are made to the events on Ziost

But Ziost happens after SoR. It isn't a part of it.

Edit: SoR was released on 12/9/2014. Ziost was released on 4/28/2015.

Edited by Elessara

But Ziost happens after SoR. It isn't a part of it.

Edit: SoR was released on 12/9/2014. Ziost was released on 4/28/2015.

That's true, but there is a reference to a certain alliance that was forged all those years ago... ("With the Republic?" "No, I meant with you.") OK, strictly speaking that didn't happen in SoR either, but it was *before* SoR, not after.

And Darth Marr did mention something about "the Yavin moon" in one of the Chapters.

+new game like feature that allows us players to change our choices at the same time keep our items , stats , and abilities instead of turning replays into what ifs , please? :( [/b]also,i skipped shadow of revan without knowing that it would permanently be gone after shifting to kotfe

They are your choices and you have to live with them. (remember when everybody said "choices don't matter" well they do after all)

As for not "knowing that it would permanently be gone" that is your own problem.

You see before you started KOTFE there is this big warning that pops up 3 times explaining that if you continue there will be major changes to your "Story" missions. It asks you 3 times if you really want to continue. If you did not READ those warning or simply clicked "OK" as many people do then the onus is on you.

So No, you may NOT get a REDO for your poor choices or for failing to head the warning that were plainly given you before hand.

As in life, You Must Live with YOUR Choices, No Matter WHAT They Are Because You CAN"T Do Them OVER! Once you jump out the window, Your next STOP is the Ground. There Is NO Turning Back!

They are your choices and you have to live with them. (remember when everybody said "choices don't matter" well they do after all)

As for not "knowing that it would permanently be gone" that is your own problem.

You see before you started KOTFE there is this big warning that pops up 3 times explaining that if you continue there will be major changes to your "Story" missions. It asks you 3 times if you really want to continue. If you did not READ those warning or simply clicked "OK" as many people do then the onus is on you.

So No, you may NOT get a REDO for your poor choices or for failing to head the warning that were plainly given you before hand.

As in life, You Must Live with YOUR Choices, No Matter WHAT They Are Because You CAN"T Do Them OVER! Once you jump out the window, Your next STOP is the Ground. There Is NO Turning Back!

Whilst I do not agree that we should be able to redo choices on a particular character that does not mean that I speak for BioWare. The OP made a suggestion. You may not agree with it but that doesn't mean you get to flat out state, "No you can never have this." You don't speak for BioWare.

Also, this is a game. Using an RL analogy like that is kinda pointless as in a game (barring development or programming constraints) you can pretty much do whatever. That's one of the points of playing a game.

You could have also pointed out the warning messages that exist for KotFE in a much less belligerent way.

I did not flat out state NO.

I gave a very valid reason for not agreeing with the OP...

Sorry if my Direct way of explaing things upset you but I do not color or soften the truth when Cpt, Obvious shows his head....

Too many times I have read this same complaint and it all comes down to the same thing. If you don't read the prompts then you are at fault for your own actions.

And the OP was warned several times what would happen and they still Clicked. It was Not a Bug, Not a Mistake it was the OP that disparaged this warning and now must pay the price for that disregard.

Edited by denavin

I did not flat out state NO.

I gave a very valid reason for not agreeing with the OP...

Sorry if my Direct way of explaing things upset you but I do not color or soften the truth when Cpt, Obvious shows his head....

Too many times I have read this same complaint and it all comes down to the same thing. If you don't read the prompts then you are at fault for your own actions.

And the OP was warned several times what would happen and they still Clicked. It was Not a Bug, Not a Mistake it was the OP that disparaged this warning and now must pay the price for that disregard.

You're just shifting the conversation away from what it's about, which is OP requesting a way to change his choices in a video game*. Apparently so you can rail on about personal responsibility. It's gross and rude.

*And it's worth noting, you can often change your choices in single-player games and definitely could do it in KOTOR 1 and 2 if you saved often enough - you change your choices by going back and loading an earlier save. He's not requesting anything particularly odd for the medium and your notions of personal responsibility are not infringed upon by someone being able to play flexibly with a video game. Especially an RPG, for heaven's sake; a form of game where experiencing different paths and seeing what different choices lead to is one of the key elements.

By the nonsense reasoning you're putting forth in this thread, we should be limited to one character of each class and no way to delete existing characters to do a do-over because heaven forbid we find some way to redo our choices and go a different path. :rolleyes:

*And it's worth noting, you can often change your choices in single-player games and definitely could do it in KOTOR 1 and 2 if you saved often enough - you change your choices by going back and loading an earlier save. He's not requesting anything particularly odd for the medium

It *is* odd for an MMORPG, although most MMORPGs don't have as much scope for choosing as SWTOR does.

(Example: if you pick a particular secondary class in Guild Wars 1, you're stuck with it until you do the relevant "Ascension" mission - "Augury Rock", "Nahpui Corner", or "Hunted!" - to unlock the ability to change it.)

I would prefer them not to do this. I think when you make a choice you should accept it. I am not a fan oh let me change my decision, I didn't think it through.

But if they change it oh well they do but they can never say choices matter because they won't.

choices will still matter untl you go back.

That/'s like saying, "Choices matter until they don't." Being able to up and undo any previously made choice whenever you want because you regret them or because X npc is being a jerk now so you're going to go back and kill them or because you chipped a nail or because <insert whatever reason> really means they don't matter at all. They only matter when you have to deal with the consequences of said choices which you don't have to do if you can just go back and change them whenever.

There are already precious few choices that actually have an impact on the story. I'd rather not see them remove that entirely. I'd also rather not see them create a way for the story flags to be possibly messed up. It's bad enough when bugs happen as it is.

choices will still matter untl you go back.

Oh right. (:rolleyes:) When you make a choice it should stay that choice for it to matter. To change it because oh whoops I didn't know that would happen is not a choice. It is like I want to make a choice but if I don't like it I want to change it because of a (insert reason of choice). It is one thing if it a bug, that should be fixed but just because I didn't like the outcome is not a reason to change it and if they do that then choices do not matter.

Edited by casirabit

fine, then the ability to do so after we beat the story. honestly, i feel like a few of you are making this into a bigger issue then it needs to be. this is a game-one that is meant to be played your individual way-if you make an error-you sould be able to redo it. i also don't see how someone else doing so affects anyone else-YOU don't have to use that option. arguing about this is just plain silly. aside from reduing choices and poor performances-it could help when players restart and abandon bonus quests......................you do that and you're screwed. if you don't want to redo your story, fine- please don't get in the way of those who do. i make a habit to be rude to those i don't know me-but how someone chooses to play their game is really none of your business. i'm not trying to be mean here-but this shouldn't really be an issue.

I am going to suggest that you didn't want to go there. I don't think you wanted to come across telling me what posts I can post on and disagree with on the forums.

If you're in the middle of a cut scene you can always ESC out and change a choice that way, before the cut scene concludes. You can also reset some class story missions if they're not quite finished.

Other than that, though, what's done is done. The nice thing about SWTOR is that you can always make another character identical to the one with unwanted choices and play through again as you wish. A lot of items of value can be unlocked in collections so your new characters have them, too. So if you need a 'redo' you can go for it that way.

I'll admit I don't have a lot of sympathy for missing out on SoR because at the beginning of KOTFE, when you pick up that mission, there are I think three different popups asking if you are really, really sure you want to start it. You're warned it will affect story and companions.

There are a few lines referencing SoR and Ziost events here and there (if you romanced Lana in SoR there's one [flirt] exchange on the Gravestone that is different. I'm guessing it might be the same for Theron in his romance dialogue; and there are at least three references to Ziost I can think of), but overall it doesn't really mean much for your KOTFE runthrough. The story unfolds the same regardless.

Romancing Lana or Theron in SoR does have a minor effect on their romance dialogue in Kotfe, yes.

Sometimes it's possible to undo a decision or dialogue choice after a conversation has ended if you are able to reset the mission. But if the conversation was the last part of the mission and it automatically ends afterward, you can't.

Edited by OldVengeance

:) Well to the Op. H_Y_D_R_A

We all go on with our stories in SWTOR, good choices, bad choices and lucky choices all, its what makes our characters who they are. SWTOR stories *Typically do have an impact adding a bit of Depth and at times requiring a moment (or two) of thought, this is what makes these stories worlds above other games flimsy, so what, does nothing, go back and redo that later if I don't like it games. Some choices Are critical (Torian/ Vette) some not (Take Koth or Senya) and some have no good answer (Kneel or Not, *This I believe if Zakuul played out 100% would've had a great impact). We have our lives and our choices do define who we become.

I've also made some bad ones and one in particular recently with my S.I. I still cringe at now that I'm not "In the heat of the moment". That character will just have to move on and try to put that behind them. That is a spot that character will never live down or get past; redemption for that S.I. is most likely out of the question now.

(Valkorian's "Sacrifices")

If the character(s) your referring to is/ are Sith think of it this way; Darth Vader will Never forget Padme and Vader's castle on Mustafar is built overlooking the exact spot he jumped attacking Obi-wan and Obi-wan cut off his arm and legs then left him for dead after his *Choices. His tank for when he's out of the life support suit supposedly gives a great view of the exact spot where his last choice ended. In this way now you can go on feeling a bit of what Vader lived with for 25 years

:) I'm not trying to be a bad guy here, just saying these choices make our characters who they are otherwise the stories would be unimportant.

Edited by MikeCobalt

Another thing is that they already have enough trouble saving the correct flags for the choices we make. So many people have inadvertently lost romances, or found that dead characters returned on Ossus, or had companions vanish, and so forth. My Republic characters' info screens show both of the Iokath faction leaders as dead currently, when only one is supposed to be. In the Consular story from the original game there are still times when dead characters show up on screen and start talking.

Considering they have trouble wrangling the flags as it is, I can't see it being a good idea to introduce anything that would play around with them even more. I think the bug reports forum would be full of upset people finding out that there's some bug or glitch that the choices *they wanted* got overridden.

as I understand it Elessara: you are correct in S.W.T.O.R. nothing you do now effects the past:rak_04:

in yhe future they may introduce a time travel type event but I hope not