Subscriber Appreciation Details?

Kaywinnit

During the live stream Q&A a couple weeks back. It was stated that the first "Subscriber Appreciation" thing would happen July 4th.

It's less then a week a way now, can we please have some specifics? There are folks whose subscriptions run out between now and then, details might keep them subbed.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am curious about this aswell.

But I should probably clarify. They said "around" july 4th weekend. So, whatever that means :p

Still a week(ish) away. I would think that this is something they should be actively talking about, so that people who might be on the fence about unsubbing, could have more information.

Still a week(ish) away. I would think that this is something they should be actively talking about, so that people who might be on the fence about unsubbing, could have more information.

True, I just wanted to clarify. I am hoping that by that, they meant it will be after the weekend so I can play (family visiting :( )

Only time I remember seeing July 4th mentioned was the bonus of Double XP weekend for subs. They were starting it on Thursday instead of Friday. Have no idea about any other Sub appreciation. Do you have a link to the original Q&A where they mentioned it?

Only time I remember seeing July 4th mentioned was the bonus of Double XP weekend for subs. They were starting it on Thursday instead of Friday. Have no idea about any other Sub appreciation. Do you have a link to the original Q&A where they mentioned it?

No, I'm on my phone and don't have it handy. I know that Dulfy had a write up on her site though.

http://dulfy.net/2013/06/10/swtor-patch-2-2-developer-livestream-notes/

I found what you were talking about.

Q: What are you plans to make subscribers feel like valued customers?

A: We have heard this a lot, especially with patch 2.1. Subscribers are super important to us – a lot of you didn’t think so with patch 2.1. We are making efforts to make subscribers feel valued. In July, around weekend of July 4th, you will see subscriber only benefits. Near the end of July, we are going to do a similar thing.

Edited by Superman_AZ

Yeah, that's the one :cool:

I'm hopeful it's something good, I'm afraid due to the lack of information, that it will be underwhelming though.

Almost feels like it was something said on the spot and they maybe forgot all about it :D Or, maybe the new Ewok companion is only available for subs.

I heard there is a new event for adopting an orphan in game and you run around the galaxy doing things with the orphan. On empire side you gain reputation with the Sith Scouts and on republic side you gain rep with the Republic Rangers. Then you can buy scouting gear and clothes with your earned reputation.

Almost feels like it was something said on the spot and they maybe forgot all about it :D Or, maybe the new Ewok companion is only available for subs.

For the low low price of 1500 Cartel Coins it will be available to subs...