Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

(Unofficial) WARNING - SPOILERS ALLOWED - Talk about Onslaught story thread - SPOILER

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
(Unofficial) WARNING - SPOILERS ALLOWED - Talk about Onslaught story thread - SPOILER
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
10.27.2019 , 12:44 PM | #181
Now I just want to know how to get those decors which has their source written as Flashpoint: Corellia.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
10.27.2019 , 12:53 PM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
After what she did to Torian and Vette, if they bring her back it better be with the option to toss her face-first into a meat grinder.
It's not like Arcann is better. Still Vaylin is evil, but at least her evil was caused by such terrible childhood thanks to her father. So I can't be too mad at her.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu's Avatar


uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
10.27.2019 , 12:56 PM | #183
Quote: Originally Posted by yanne View Post
I loved playing the new storyline with my sorcerer until the solo flashbook-Operation Meridian. I am not able to being the 822k HP Droid down solo. I can get thru the trash mobs and wipe out. I am as average player and feel rather bad I can't do it. My level rate is 268. HP just under 200k. I thought a combat droid would be available to assist. Do I need to gear up, have I missed anything, am I really that bad a player, Be nice, please 😉

One thing you should watch for that caught me out a time or two with this fight, make SURE your companion has made it down to the floor where the fight takes place with you and doesn't end up stuck on the walkway above that you jumped from, this happened to me twice and made it so the companion couldn't heal me because of the distance. Best to jump down at a distance from the enemies, then dismiss and reacquire your companion so they are definitely closeby before beginning the fight. Other than that, just make sure you keep an eye on your health bar and know where the healing points are. And once the big lightning thingies appear on either side of the area, focus on taking them out before returning to the main fight. Good luck.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lammia View Post
Like kissing Theron, it seems to depend on the choice on the civilian matter on Corellia. My friend got a kiss from her, so it's there, it's just a matter if choosing right options to get it (apparently, it should be the DS option).
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
From what I've understood from someone else who did get their Lana kiss, Lana's flirt/kiss only triggers if you've angered Theron so much that he walks away and Lana is the one who brings up the "Hey there's a party" rather than Theron doing it. Which involves making the DS choice of bombing random targets on Corellia and causing mass casualties.
I did all the DS options on my Loyal SI who had Lana romanced, and even though Theron is supposed to be gone from that particular story due to Nathema, he had lines in the ending cutscene (But was invisible) and he was all angry and stormed off, yet I didn't get anything from Lana still. Just asked about the party, and I think I said no because my SI is for sure not the party type. The only indication of romance was that Lana said if I wasn't going she wasn't either, but I still don't know if she says that regardless of romantic status.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu's Avatar


uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
10.27.2019 , 01:00 PM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
It's not like Arcann is better. Still Vaylin is evil, but at least her evil was caused by such terrible childhood thanks to her father. So I can't be too mad at her.
Tbf I'm like 99% sure Arcann had the exact same father.... So it's not really any better of an excuse for her than it is for him. Always sounds like such BS psychobabble nonsense to me anyways. Scrambling for justification. This is the SW universe, basically everyone has had traumas. If you label them as an excuse for any level of evil then nobody should ever be punished for anything I guess. Because it wasn't their fault right? It was that evil imperial who tortured them 10 years ago, or the Sith who killed their parents, or the father who abused them. At some point the buck has to stop. Wasn't Valkorion's father a major DS jerk too? Should we also shower him with forgiveness and love then?

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
10.27.2019 , 01:06 PM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
I am curious as to what is going to happen with Malgus now. In that cut scene he orders the doctor to give him the droid and shuttle so it does seem he is trying to get rid of the cybernetics that seem to be keeping him in check or something like that.

It might be the empire has another loose cannon with him again.
IMO... either Malgus is being used (what's left of him ) OR he (Maugus) is using them. I believe that the attack on Correllia was one big massing assault which had more than just one purpose. If in the end the ship yard was crippled or destroyed then that gives the Empire an advantage. It's almost as if at the end the Empire gave up too easily. I might be wrong.. just speculation at best.

Also... what if Malgus has caught wind of what Scourge and Kira are hiding !

Don't be surprised if more than one party has a big interest in showing up at that ship where Satele and her collogues are kept in isolation / suspension. Those who want the poser of the DS regardless of cost .. and want that sort of dominion over the rest of the entire galaxy that is a temptation too great to pass up !

(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
10.27.2019 , 01:21 PM | #186
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I'm sure if we can turn her back, she would not sound like that anymore.

I always think she deserves the chance than Arcann because she was tortured into such terrible being.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
After what she did to Torian and Vette, if they bring her back it better be with the option to toss her face-first into a meat grinder.
Vaylin was the personification of the genuine evil of Tenebrae.. and her attitude the utter contempt and disregard that Tenebrae had for all life... All of that unchained at the end. IMO that was why Valkorion (Tenebrae) was genuinely afraid of her and her power. That was why she was tortured / brain washed when she was little. Once Vaylin broke loose from that conditioning !! oh my ! There was "no one" to keep her in check. She was all of that pent up evil the darkest part of Valkorion unchained and unleashed on everyone ! She was genuinely evil ! Just like Tenebrae !

(just my thoughts on Vaylin)
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
10.27.2019 , 01:23 PM | #187
Quote: Originally Posted by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu View Post
Tbf I'm like 99% sure Arcann had the exact same father.... So it's not really any better of an excuse for her than it is for him. Always sounds like such BS psychobabble nonsense to me anyways. Scrambling for justification. This is the SW universe, basically everyone has had traumas. If you label them as an excuse for any level of evil then nobody should ever be punished for anything I guess. Because it wasn't their fault right? It was that evil imperial who tortured them 10 years ago, or the Sith who killed their parents, or the father who abused them. At some point the buck has to stop. Wasn't Valkorion's father a major DS jerk too? Should we also shower him with forgiveness and love then?
Arcann wasn't sent to Nathema in his childhood to be tortured into a monster.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
10.27.2019 , 01:24 PM | #188
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
Vaylin was the personification of the genuine evil of Tenebrae.. and her attitude the utter contempt and disregard that Tenebrae had for all life... All of that unchained at the end. IMO that was why Valkorion (Tenebrae) was genuinely afraid of her and her power. That was why she was tortured / brain washed when she was little. Once Vaylin broke loose from that conditioning !! oh my ! There was "no one" to keep her in check. She was all of that pent up evil the darkest part of Valkorion unchained and unleashed on everyone ! She was genuinely evil ! Just like Tenebrae !

(just my thoughts on Vaylin)
She was a normal girl before sent to Nathema, that's a lot different than Tenebrae. All of her evil were caused by such torture.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

Thenightvortex's Avatar


Thenightvortex
10.27.2019 , 01:27 PM | #189
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
Vaylin was the personification of the genuine evil of Tenebrae.. and her attitude the utter contempt and disregard that Tenebrae had for all life... All of that unchained at the end. IMO that was why Valkorion (Tenebrae) was genuinely afraid of her and her power. That was why she was tortured / brain washed when she was little. Once Vaylin broke loose from that conditioning !! oh my ! There was "no one" to keep her in check. She was all of that pent up evil the darkest part of Valkorion unchained and unleashed on everyone ! She was genuinely evil ! Just like Tenebrae !

(just my thoughts on Vaylin)
The main difference between them is that Tenebrae was just born evil, Vaylin was forced into it by brainwashing, torture and force rituals.

That said wanting to have revenge on Vaylin because she killed a companion is reasonable, I had a similar reaction when Arcann killed HK.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
10.27.2019 , 01:32 PM | #190
Quote: Originally Posted by Thenightvortex View Post
The main difference between them is that Tenebrae was just born evil, Vaylin was forced into it by brainwashing, torture and force rituals.

That said wanting to have revenge on Vaylin because she killed a companion is reasonable, I had a similar reaction when Arcann killed HK.
True, I also dislike Vaylin a lot in KotFE, but after learning her past in KotET I couldn't hate her much. I was also surprised that she didn't get a chance to be redeemed like Arcann.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.