Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Medicine Operative/Sawbones Scoundrel Set Bonus Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Medicine Operative/Sawbones Scoundrel Set Bonus Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FireFoxed
07.13.2015 , 02:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TeenageGnome View Post
The 2 piece and 6 piece are fine but the 4 piece does need to be looked at. This ability costs 20 energy and is on a 9 second cooldown. Reducing its cost by 2 means it only uses 18 energy, and since the ability has a 9 second cooldown (or 8. something depending on your alacrity) you are only using 2 less energy every once and a while. This reduction in energy is so miniscule that you are better off running (before 3.3) a 2 piece old and 2 piece new and using the other set bonuses on a different class or spec. I would much rather have this either changed to something completely different or put on an ability that is frequently used without a cooldown.
This. The energy saving is negligible - I'd rather have something like decreases Kolto Waves cd by 4 seconds if you don't finish the full cast, something that makes the bonuses more dynamic and less static/passive.

JuJooGuppy
07.13.2015 , 02:31 PM | #12
The 4 piece bonus is the only one needing adjustment. At the very moment, I dont have a reasonable, balanced idea for the 4 piece, so I wont make a suggestion 'till I have some time to consider. After 3.3 hits, the 4 piece is the only set bonus needing adjusted (3.3 fixes the useless 6 piece bonus).

Thanks! I greatly appreciate these threads looking for feedback.

Jerba
07.13.2015 , 02:41 PM | #13
Not sure about the 4-piece, yes it doesn't have big of an impact but I don't have energy problems to the point where they'd have to buff it (at least currently; I haven't healed on the PTS enough to know how it is after 3.3). I imagine that if they buff it, they would have to reduce healing somewhere else, so I'd rather they leave it alone.
I also think that the setboni shouldn't be that big of a game changer that they force you to change your rotation; just because someone doesn't have the setbonus shouldn't mean he can't make use of the class guides on Dulfy etc. There are many casual players without the setbonus.

And by the way, if you are updating the 2-piece proc, in the German client the buff tooltip has an extra space before the buff name, it says " Kritischer Bonus des Feldsanitäters". Not a very big bug but it has bothered me ever since 3.0 came out and hope the typo can get fixed some day.

VandalOTG
07.13.2015 , 02:46 PM | #14
I'll be Captain Obvious here, but the fact anyone would even consider using a 2-piece bonus from level 60 plus a 2-piece bonus from level 55 instead of a 4 piece bonus from level 60 should indicate that either the previous 2-piece was incredibly OP or the current 4-piece needs some work. I'm curious, if proc highlighting was added so that people were made more aware of when the 4-piece was triggering, would that make it more valuable than the two 2-piece bonuses combined? I'm far too casual to know or have any good suggestions

Jerba
07.13.2015 , 02:55 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by VandalOTG View Post
I'll be Captain Obvious here, but the fact anyone would even consider using a 2-piece bonus from level 60 plus a 2-piece bonus from level 55 instead of a 4 piece bonus from level 60 should indicate that either the previous 2-piece was incredibly OP or the current 4-piece needs some work. I'm curious, if proc highlighting was added so that people were made more aware of when the 4-piece was triggering, would that make it more valuable than the two 2-piece bonuses combined? I'm far too casual to know or have any good suggestions
You mixed up the setboni; anyone who is using an old level 55 2-piece will have the level 60 2- and 4-piece, and the proc highlighting we suggest is for the 2-piece which everyone has already. So it would not change anything for players who use the old 2-piece; it is just a small QoL enhancement.

Ilysanth
07.13.2015 , 03:15 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by VandalOTG View Post
I think it was more that the current 6 piece is so worthless that it was better to shoot for the 60 4 piece and a 55 2 piece instead. That said, the 2 piece 55 bonus was 15% increased healing by one of the AOE heals so it wasn't OP persay but still VERY VERY valuable.

royhenderson
07.13.2015 , 03:31 PM | #17
2pc - Increases kolto cloud's healing output by 15%

4pc - grants an additional 3rd roll on scamper before its cooldown takes effect

6pc - fine as it is

TeenageGnome
07.13.2015 , 03:33 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ilysanth View Post
I think it was more that the current 6 piece is so worthless that it was better to shoot for the 60 4 piece and a 55 2 piece instead. That said, the 2 piece 55 bonus was 15% increased healing by one of the AOE heals so it wasn't OP persay but still VERY VERY valuable.
Yes but you know the 4 piece is worthless as well when people who can only get sm set bonuses are buying 198 comm armorings instead of using a 192 4-piece

Ethior
07.13.2015 , 04:12 PM | #19
2-Piece: While Tactical Medicine is active Kolto Probes that expire on targets will leave an Exhausted Kolto Probe(max 1) that would heal for 10% of a Kolto Probe for half the time of a normal KP, doesn't crit. If Kolto Probe or Surgical Probe is applied to someone with EKP the EKP instantly heals for its remaining healing and is transformed into a KP(normal limit for KPs apply here).
4-Piece: Using Kolto Infusion(or maybe Scamper instead?) makes your next Kolto Infusion cost 10 energy and a moving cast. Lasts 15seconds. CD 30(45)seconds.
6-Piece: When you use Cloaking Screen all of your current Kolto Probes apply all of their remaining heal and turn into EKPs(this time 2 if the character had 2 KPs before cloaking). Healing by EKP doesn't put you in combat(or they don't tick while you are in stealth).

I won't even try to balance the right numbers, percentages, timers. I'm sure you guys will do better job. I just wanted to give you a few ideas that would make one of the most boring healers for me just a bit more fun.

jauvtus
07.13.2015 , 04:12 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by royhenderson View Post
2pc - Increases kolto cloud's healing output by 15%

4pc - grants an additional 3rd roll on scamper before its cooldown takes effect

6pc - fine as it is
4 piece - wouldnt it worth for scrapper/concealment to have only 2piece dps set bonus and get a 3rd roll?