Uhhh a GM just robbed me.

ShardTosk

Contacted a GM a couple days ago to get a refund on a sub (that hadn't started yet), he said I would have to call instead of doing it ingame (prepaid phone, that would cost more than the sub), I just logged in to find I've been unsubscribed...

...and the bank says there's been no refund and there's no pending transactions, can't even submit a ticket since I'm not subbed anymore. I've had my share of questionable run-ins with MMO GMs but theft is a new one.

Edited by ShardTosk

A dumb question, but, was there ever a charge to be refunded?

IMHO not a dumb question at all.

If it was a recurring sub it wasn't charged yet since it hadn't started and if it was "just" a time card they might well have decided to "refund" with a new code for gametime. I would advise the op to check the email address connected to his/her SWtoR Account, including spam folders.

Contacted a GM a couple days ago to get a refund on a sub (that hadn't started yet), he said I would have to call instead of doing it ingame (prepaid phone, that would cost more than the sub), I just logged in to find I've been unsubscribed...

...and the bank says there's been no refund and there's no pending transactions, can't even submit a ticket since I'm not subbed anymore. I've had my share of questionable run-ins with MMO GMs but theft is a new one.

You weren't robbed. The game is clear on what happens when unsubscribing.

When you want to cease paying for the game, all you can do is unsubscribe, and you remain a paying member with member benefits until any remaining time on the subscription runs out. In this case, the closest CS could help you out in this matter is by doing what you could have done yourself by unsubscribing you.

OwenBrooks or someone can elaborate what happens if you actually reverse or cancel the credit card charges, but it's my understanding (which may be wrong) that for doing so, the account is auto-banned.

Just be happy with whatever remaining time you have left on the sub and be done with it.

If the sub hadn't started yet, you haven't been billed, yet, which you point to below:

No pending transactions means there's nothing to refund, because nothing's been billed yet, that's what a pending transaction is.

OwenBrooks or someone can elaborate what happens if you actually reverse or cancel the credit card charges, but it's my understanding (which may be wrong) that for doing so, the account is auto-banned.

Yes, reversing charges will get you banned.

A long time ago they were having issues with purchasing CC coins. I bought a pack and was double-charged for it. I called support and they told me there was nothing they could do and that I should just contest the charge with my CC company. Ok, did that and my account was banned a day later. Took a few hours of being on the phone and got my account back but never contest a charge if you want to keep playing the game.

Contacted a GM a couple days ago to get a refund on a sub (that hadn't started yet), he said I would have to call instead of doing it ingame

We have GMs that answer questions in-game? How does that work? Or do I misunderstand?

News Flash....

You can not post in these forums unless you are a subscriber......

Therefor, since you were able to post this complaint in the Subscriber Forums, reguardless of your belife that you have been unsubscribed, your subscription must have gone through so you will NOT be getting a refund.

Your money was not stolen it was applied to your subscription and it WILL run for the full 30 days without exception.

You are NOT entitled to a refund or reimbursement of funds.

Also coming to these forums to complain will accomplish you NOTHING. There is nothing that can be done here. If you really wanted to get this resolved you would have contacted Customer Service instead of coming here.

Contacted a GM a couple days ago to get a refund on a sub (that hadn't started yet).]

OwenBrooks or someone can elaborate what happens if you actually reverse or cancel the credit card charges, but it's my understanding (which may be wrong) that for doing so, the account is auto-banned..

There was no subscription renewal and no charge, ShardTosk has been informed this is the case.

and yes chargebacks normally result in an account lock

Edited by OwenBrooks

Yes, reversing charges will get you banned.

A long time ago they were having issues with purchasing CC coins. I bought a pack and was double-charged for it. I called support and they told me there was nothing they could do and that I should just contest the charge with my CC company. Ok, did that and my account was banned a day later. Took a few hours of being on the phone and got my account back but never contest a charge if you want to keep playing the game.

That's weird, I had the same thing happen to me except they also gave me the option to get more Cartel coins To make up for the extra charge. I said sure that will work, they gave me MORE cartel coins. They never once told me to contest the charge.