Underwater Explorer and Adventurer Armor JetPack Frustration/Bug?

dakajojo

I may be one of the only ones, but I love the way these armor sets look on my Bounty Hunter. :jawa_smile:

However... what is the point of having a jet pack on the back of the chest piece if the rocket boost comes out of the feet of the character instead?! If there is a booster pack on the back, why not have the rocket boost come from there? I'm not sure if this was intentional, or yet another bug. :jawa_frown:

Edited by dakajojo

I completely agree. These are easily the best-looking Bounty hunter chestpieces and I got one for my BH as soon as it hit the GTN. Then I learned that the jetpack doesn't work for some reason. Could we please get a dev comment on whether this is a bug or and intended feature? If it is a bug, an ETA on a fix would be appreciated too.

Because it s not a jetpack

It is an aquapack ;=) (whatever that is)

Ooooor it's a bug. Wouldn't be the first time that armors with jetpacks attached to them have the rocket boost coming out of the feet.. or armors with no jetpacks have it coming out from where a jetpack would be, if they had one.

Ooooor it's a bug. Wouldn't be the first time that armors with jetpacks attached to them have the rocket boost coming out of the feet.. or armors with no jetpacks have it coming out from where a jetpack would be, if they had one.

I got some green robe for my consular on Tython that uses the jetpack animation despite not having a jetpack on the model, but somehow this new armor doesn't have the animation despite having the model.

I completely agree. These are easily the best-looking Bounty hunter chestpieces and I got one for my BH as soon as it hit the GTN. Then I learned that the jetpack doesn't work for some reason. Could we please get a dev comment on whether this is a bug or and intended feature? If it is a bug, an ETA on a fix would be appreciated too.

This, this, this!!!

I submitted a bug ticket, just in case. It would be nice if a dev or community manager could comment so we aren't left in the dark. :jawa_eek:

check your sarcasm detector =p

anyway, i m all for a fix.

I think the best way we can get a fix is for everyone to submit bug tickets. Unless a community manager sees this thread and puts the gears in motion. :mon_biggrin:

Actually, it shouldn't be sarcasm.

If you look closely it IS a jetpack. For underwater travel.

What y'all want is rocketpacks. That's what boba and jango had. That's what the bounty hunters have in the game (hence rocket jump and rocket punch instead of jet jump and jet punch).

The jet pack is obviously made for underwater travel. It's not a bug that there are no rocket flames coming out if it since it isn't a rocket.

Why are people even surprised that this kind of stuff happens? I mean, really?

It's the kind of stuff that has been happening ever since this game was released; Hell, you have high-tier armor, namely the Black Hole / Campaign / Dread Guard with a jet pack on the back and even so, the boost comes from the feet, like the jet pack is not even there.

Black Hole / Campaign / Dread Guard gear has been around over two(!!!) years now... It was never fixed and seeing that it may be considered outdated and only worth the bother if you're a collector, they'll never come to fix it.

I bought the Underwater armor sets already but since I was told that it was plagued by this same issue, I didn't even bother to open the lockboxes.

What y'all want is rocketpacks. That's what boba and jango had. That's what the bounty hunters have in the game (hence rocket jump and rocket punch instead of jet jump and jet punch).

The jet pack is obviously made for underwater travel. It's not a bug that there are no rocket flames coming out if it since it isn't a rocket.

I get what you are saying, but as there is no underwater travel in this game, the jetpack/rocketpack (whatever you wish to address it as) should work like the other Bounty Hunter armor chest pieces that have a jetpack on the back (should they work as intended and are not bugged.)

Why are people even surprised that this kind of stuff happens? I mean, really?

It's the kind of stuff that has been happening ever since this game was released; Hell, you have high-tier armor, namely the Black Hole / Campaign / Dread Guard with a jet pack on the back and even so, the boost comes from the feet, like the jet pack is not even there.

Black Hole / Campaign / Dread Guard gear has been around over two(!!!) years now... It was never fixed and seeing that it may be considered outdated and only worth the bother if you're a collector, they'll never come to fix it.

I bought the Underwater armor sets already but since I was told that it was plagued by this same issue, I didn't even bother to open the lockboxes.

It's not that we are surprised... it just need to be addressed.

On the subject of older gear: they still haven't addressed the hood issue (up on some, down on others, or if it's up the model shows another hood down...) on robes for the Jedi classes. I think it's safer to say they would address newer, CM-originated gear though. :jawa_redface:

I get what you are saying, but as there is no underwater travel in this game, the jetpack/rocketpack (whatever you wish to address it as) should work like the other Bounty Hunter armor chest pieces that have a jetpack on the back (should they work as intended and are not bugged.)

It's not bugged. Not really.

In the end, it comes down to a set of rules for each armor template that Bioware has put in place, which is why you have armor sets where the boost comes from the back, when there's no actual jet pack there or from the feet, when there's an actual jet pack on the back.

I honestly doubt they'll ever come to fix different armor sets on an individual basis.

It's not that we are surprised... it just need to be addressed.

On the subject of older gear: they still haven't addressed the hood issue (up on some, down on others, or if it's up the model shows another hood down...) on robes for the Jedi classes. I think it's safer to say they would address newer, CM-originated gear though. :jawa_redface:

Again, it probably comes down to the armor template as I mentioned above; Each armor, as the way it is designed, appears to based off on and I believe it's fair to assume that each has a different set of rules.

Some, as mentioned above, have a jet pack added on the back but for all intents and purposes, the template wasn't built that way so it assumes there's no pack there; Hence, the boost comes from the feet.

Others have no jet pack at all and yet the boost comes from the back, like there's a jet pack there.

Changing the different armor templates is probably too much of a hassle and changing around on an individual basis... Well... :rolleyes:

The fact that only one class is plagued by this issue doesn't help, since it's probably a fairly small minority who'll even talk about it.

EDIT:

My internet is toying with me...

Was under the impression my previous post had "disappeared" and now it's there. :o

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Yes please tell him is a "blubble pack" and "thruster" closest thing to a Aquapack like said previously.

Underwater, means Underwater...

Again, it probably comes down to the armor template as I mentioned above; Each armor, as the way it is designed, appears to based off on and I believe it's fair to assume that each has a different set of rules.

Some, as mentioned above, have a jet pack added on the back but for all intents and purposes, the template wasn't built that way so it assumes there's no pack there; Hence, the boost comes from the feet.

Others have no jet pack at all and yet the boost comes from the back, like there's a jet pack there.

Changing the different armor templates is probably too much of a hassle and changing around on an individual basis... Well... :rolleyes:

The fact that only one class is plagued by this issue doesn't help, since it's probably a fairly small minority who'll even talk about it.

EDIT:

My internet is toying with me...

Was under the impression my previous post had "disappeared" and now it's there. :o

I would consider the template issue you describe as a bug. If a jetpack is there, it should be used instead of the animation coming from the character's feet.

The devs have addressed other gear issues in the past - but the majority were from the CM. Thankfully, these sets are also from the CM... so I hope they address the concern here. They are such great looking sets. It would be a shame if the jetpacks aren't utilized.

I would consider the template issue you describe as a bug. If a jetpack is there, it should be used instead of the animation coming from the character's feet.

The devs have addressed other gear issues in the past - but the majority were from the CM. Thankfully, these sets are also from the CM... so I hope they address the concern here. They are such great looking sets. It would be a shame if the jetpacks aren't utilized.

If it's working correctly taking into account the set of rules defined for said template, then it's not a bug; It's working as originally envisioned or programmed by Bioware.

What we may have here is a mistake in the template they chose for said armor sets.

Yes please tell him is a "blubble pack" and "thruster" closest thing to a Aquapack like said previously.

Underwater, means Underwater...

I don't need to be told anything. There is no underwater travel in this game. The model includes a jetpack, and it should be used as such. There is no written rule saying a jetpack on an underwater set can't be used anywhere but underwater. In the real world, rockets can go from underwater to the air. (i.e.

) The same should apply here, especially in the Star Wars Universe. Edited by dakajojo

Just submitted a bug report in-game. There are multiple threads on this topic, so it's clear that a significant amount of people are frustrated by the malfunctioning jetpacks. It'd be very nice to get a dev response on if this is even supposed to be a bug.

Awesome. I hope that if enough people do, they will address it. :jawa_smile:

I don't need to be told anything. There is no underwater travel in this game. The model includes a jetpack, and it should be used as such. There is no written rule saying a jetpack on an underwater set can't be used anywhere but underwater. In the real world, rockets can go from underwater to the air. (i.e.
) The same should apply here, especially in the Star Wars Universe.

Ok point taken, but does the gear include an animation already from the feet?

If so need to be changed to jetpack.

Edited by ZahirS

This, this, this!!!

I submitted a bug ticket, just in case. It would be nice if a dev or community manager could comment so we aren't left in the dark. :jawa_eek:

More likely to get comments on the jet pack over in the bug report forum.. where I believe there are already one or two threads about it. Tait is pretty good about reading/responding to the bug report forum.

I find it funny that they even make an aquatic armor set when.........all the water on every planet is waist deep

Not only that.. BUT...firing off a jet pack under water is a bad idea. You will boil your private parts for sure.

There is a reason that submarine launched missiles (both icbm and cruise varieties) are ejected to the surface on compressed gas and do not ignite their engines until they pop through the surface of the water.