The hatred

Przemo_No

Wow, guys, as for my long time of experience with SWTOR, I haven’t seen anything like that yet.

One may actually wonder why, for goodness sake, there is so much hate among people playing a computer game.

I haven't seen it in such degree anywhere else.

Well, what happened is that I basically saw one of those ranked black-silver crystals, thought it would look good on one of my characters. So, checked what I need to do, ok, get 3000 ranked tokens, no biggie, let’s play!

And heck, what it was! Not only was I called names, bullied and generally offended because I “do not have” stims or augments or I play weak class but most importantly I do not have BiS! According to those “advisors” I should stop playing, delete the game and hide myself in some far, far away hole, and never to come back. (it is what they meant, not what they said, if I quote what was really said, I am in infringement)

Well, the char I played was in 230 with set bonus, so, ofc is is not BiS gear, but c’mon!

Indeed I am a cannon fodder, I noticed, but I do what I can, I do not stand in the corner, I fight.

Seeing that certain classes with self-heals are of big advantage in such environment, it was not the best choice to take non-healing class to ranked. Assassins, Operatives and Mercenaries are the top now, rest at disadvantage.

Nevertheless, I now have to continue, because I cannot imagine starting it with another.

But that’s not the point. My point it that I really haven’t seen SO MUCH HATE towards another person in a COMPUTER GAME. It is so toxic, one with weaker psyche may even get into troubles. I do not care much, have seen a lot in my life, but I can imagine, that others who are of less tough skin are at potential danger. This is certainly not a “friendly” environment. Some have such disgusting approach towards others that I wonder, is the game the place to vent their hate, or what?

And yet we wonder why we have wars in RL.

So, to you, all the “good players” and “coaches”: I would like to let you know that until Bioware forbids me from taking part in any game activity (or I decide that myself) no other player can (or will) be able to tell me what I can or cannot do. As any other, I am paying customer, so, kindly please go and scream to someone else, cos all your “nice” advices will only meet ignores.

I absolutely do not care whether I will be killed thousand times, if it is the only way to earn those stupid tokens, I will earn them.

Alternatively, you can send me some and I will not bother your “dignities” anymore, but since it is not really possible, I will be working to earn them. And trust me, once I have earned what I have to, I do not wish to see you anymore.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, guys, as for my long time of experience with SWTOR, I haven’t seen anything like that yet.

One may actually wonder why, for goodness sake, there is so much hate among people playing a computer game.

Well, what happened is that I basically saw one of those ranked black-silver crystals, thought it would look good on one of my characters. So, checked what I need to do, ok, get 3000 ranked tokens, no biggie, let’s play!

And heck, what it was! Not only was I called names, bullied and generally offended because I “do not have” stims or augments or I play weak class but most importantly I do not have BiS! According to those “advisors” I should stop playing, delete the game and hide myself in some far, far away hole, and never to come back. (it is what they meant, not what they said, if I quote what was really said, I am in infringement)

Well, the char I played was in 230 with set bonus, so, ofc is is not BiS gear, but c’mon!

Indeed I am a cannon fodder, I noticed, but I do what I can, I do not stand in the corner, I fight.

Seeing that certain classes with self-heals are of big advantage in such environment, it was not the best choice to take non-healing class to ranked. Assassins, Operatives and Mercenaries are the top now, rest at disadvantage.

Nevertheless, I now have to continue, because I cannot imagine starting it with another.

But that’s not the point. My point it that I really haven’t seen SO MUCH HATE towards another person in a COMPUTER GAME. It is so toxic, one with weaker psyche may even get into troubles. I do not care much, have seen a lot in my life, but I can imagine, that others who are of less tough skin are at potential danger. This is certainly not a “friendly” environment. Some have such disgusting approach towards others that I wonder, is the game the place to vent their hate, or what?

So, to you, all the “good players” and “coaches”: I would like to let you know that until Bioware forbids me from taking part in any game activity (or I decide that myself) no other player can (or will) be able to tell me what I can or cannot do. As any other, I am paying customer, so, kindly please go and scream to someone else, cos all your “nice” advices will only meet ignores.

I absolutely do not care whether I will be killed thousand times, if it is the only way to earn those stupid tokens, I will earn them.

Alternatively, you can send me some and I will not bother your “dignities” anymore, but since it is not really possible, I will be working to earn them. And trust me, once I have earned what I have to, I do not wish to see you anymore.

a friendly advise bro not try to undermine you or anything , however if you step to rank please at least be gear bro

stepping into rank without stim which cost a mere 7000 credit means you seem to not put respect to the other players

why you not putting stims ? they are not expensive and that help you in your stats and help your teammastes , it is a must no excuse

for gearing wise again , you may not be BIS i got that , you can que, but at least maybe 242 gear because if you are not using stim and your HP is low , you will targeted first in rank and you will be killed very fast since most player in rank are skilled player mosty

so gear up abit and use stims, getting a lost is normal but not because you come unprepare , rank is serious business apparently

peace bro;)

You cant have those crystals as I wouldn't have Architect's Wings if I did not gear up. Do something else or gear up.

Edited by Aetideus

heh you haven't seen half of it. I guess youre on TRE?

Anyway there are people who will litteraly keep on whispering you and troll and abuse you. Its hard to say, some people have it hard in life and maybe are venting something they had at work or in a relationship, no one knows. If people are so furious they might have been losing for some time and that gets them rolling if its not cause of them.

Ranked on TRE for example is pretty much set around a small number of good players, if they are against you, you lose, it only depends on who is in your team, what classes they play and how they can play them. No one likes cxp/component/coms farmers, people do ranked for the rank mostly. The best thing you can do is put them on ignore, then when they relog and continue to abuse you with alts, keep on ignoring.

As for some advice, you will get the coms faster if you win matches and that way you piss off less people, so in general everyone wins in such a case, you get the drift? :) Get some 236/242 gear, EV and KP HM arent hard, do some regs for PVP components, get a bit higher gear than 230s, use 228 augments, stim, wz medpac, adrenal, grenades. Yes you will get globalled but work with it, wait on the spawn line for the team to be engaged first, kite, hide, offheal, just try so that people dont rage.

I will never insult people outright, but if I had you on my team more than once, I would probably /sigh at you as the game would surely would be lost beforehand. You are basically asking people to carry you simply so you can get some pointless trinket.

Ranked doesn't mean much in this game, but you should still take a minimum of effort to prepare.

Minimum: medpac, adrenal, stims, augments, grenades, all gear except set-bonus-armor at 246 and something like 50 valor.

Edited by Lundorff

This is the exact reason I wish people were more interested in doing group ranked. But, no one will queue unless they know they're going to win. Solo ranked should be exactly for what this guy is doing. He isn't super good or dedicated to the game mode, but would like to see a chance at getting a few comms to get the crystals. But instead, 90% of the ranked participants rather rely on the RNG teammates because they have a better chance at winning. The one who underperforms is now the reason for their loss and they don't have to blame themselves. The underperformer is then the target of their frustrations and goes through the gauntlet of trash talk because they're hindering other peoples abilities to get wins they think they deserve, when in fact they don't. They choose to take the RNG path so they deserve every thing that happens.

My person opinion is the entire system needs to be rethought. I'd personally be ok with solo ranked just being a means to grind tokens for non tier rewards and group ranked being the sole means to get the teir specific rewards.

Welcome to ranked.....anything really. Sodium levels increase a thousand fold in anything PvP with an attached rank system. They always blame the weakest link first as well, which is you in this case TC, no matter if you actually played well.

Nobody likes the guy who shows up with a poorly maintained rifle and holes in his armour. Which by the sounds of things is what you're doing.

You will catch salt either way but the abuse will subside if you slide up to match with decent gear at least.

Ranked doesn't mean much in this game, but you should still take a minimum of effort to prepare.

Minimum: medpac, adrenal, stims, augments, grenades, all gear except set-bonus-armor at 246 and something like 50 valor.

out of which I all have except the gear. Cos 230/236 is apparently not enough. Look, I am not a complete idiot, i know what's neded in WZ, I do not pretend to be "the master" of PVP, far from that.

I just want to earn some tokens and leave that toxic place forever. Really no OPs, no other game activity brings so much offence, so much anger, so much disgust. I also ask myself why i am I doing that to myself , but heck I want those crystals.

You say "meanigless trinkets", sure, but how much more meaning has some "rank" while there are classes that pretty much dominate everything? How can you "rank" Juggin comparison to Operative or Op Merc?

The ranks doe not mean anything to me. I treat this game as a fun, as relax form dayily/work/home stuff. But this, this is just.. beyond.

You say "gear" - lol, in previous versions, you could farm unranked WZs , get your comms and buy gear. Now you are bound to useless RNG, that does not even give anything in the crates.

Look, I don't like toxicity either.....BUT.... you went into ranked with entry level gear....no augments....and no stim. I would have been pissed if I got you on my team too. Do you try NM raids in green gear too? Ranked is for people who have better gear and are experienced in PvP. You saw a crystal and said "ooooh a pretty! Baby want!", so you thought you could just waltz in without doing research and get. That's not how literally anything works. Grind out regs for unassembled pieces. Augment your gear. Put a stim on. put in some work. Who knows? You may get to like PvP. That's what I did.

out of which I all have except the gear. Cos 230/236 is apparently not enough. Look, I am not a complete idiot, i know what's neded in WZ, I do not pretend to be "the master" of PVP, far from that.

Did you not just write that you are not using stims or augments? And yes I agree that 230/236 is not enough for ranked.

I just want to earn some tokens and leave that toxic place forever. Really no OPs, no other game activity brings so much offence, so much anger, so much disgust. I also ask myself why i am I doing that to myself , but heck I want those crystals.

You clearly don't want to play ranked for the sake of playing ranked. How do you think people in ops would react to me running around naked and expecting to be carried?

You say "meanigless trinkets", sure, but how much more meaning has some "rank" while there are classes that pretty much dominate everything? How can you "rank" Juggin comparison to Operative or Op Merc?

The ranks doe not mean anything to me. I treat this game as a fun, as relax form dayily/work/home stuff. But this, this is just.. beyond.

Rank and titles means nothing to me personally. I play ranked solely because it's the only PVP with some type of match making.

You say "gear" - lol, in previous versions, you could farm unranked WZs , get your comms and buy gear. Now you are bound to useless RNG, that does not even give anything in the crates.

Yes it's terrible to obtain gear now, I completely agree, and that is why I say level 246 with can be crafted / bought. Full 242 with set bonus would also be okay.

While I agree about toxicity (which also happens in regs too), the OPs case is unfortunately a justification for them.

No stims no augs, entry level gear and queues yolo because he wants the crystals. I wonder how a NiM team would have reacted. This is what happens when ppl try to take shortcuts and are in a place they were not (yet?) meant to be.

Ranked is a giant dick measuring contest based on ELO (i'm not ragging on that, I enjoy a good measure as much as anyone). So if you are at such a disadvantage as to guarantee a loss for your team purely by being there, you will get a lot of hate. Also, ranked in this game has been so thoroughly mismanaged that those committed to it have become a toxic group of hyenas from the environment alone.

Do you try NM raids in green gear too?

Sir you just made the statement of the century!

This is very very preceise indeed and clearly shows the flaw in the system. Devs have been claiming Ranked and NiM ops to be the hardest content in the game. However as Maegi pointed out, when you go into NiM ops in green gear or even 230 gear, you wont pass it, you wont get your reward only a repair bill, lost adrenals, medpacs, stims.

Going into ranked costs nothing! You dont need a stim, gear nothing, just valor 25, which is gained if you PVP a bit while leveling your toon. You just que, get pop lose and are rewarded! You can do a bit dmg, some self heals for medals and you are fine, you get your reward in form of CXP and components and lastly weekly!

I do not blaim the OP of the thread for doing it, I blame the Devs for allowing such a thing.

Sir you just made the statement of the century!

This is very very preceise indeed and clearly shows the flaw in the system. Devs have been claiming Ranked and NiM ops to be the hardest content in the game. However as Maegi pointed out, when you go into NiM ops in green gear or even 230 gear, you wont pass it, you wont get your reward only a repair bill, lost adrenals, medpacs, stims.

Going into ranked costs nothing! You dont need a stim, gear nothing, just valor 25, which is gained if you PVP a bit while leveling your toon. You just que, get pop lose and are rewarded! You can do a bit dmg, some self heals for medals and you are fine, you get your reward in form of CXP and components and lastly weekly!

I do not blaim the OP of the thread for doing it, I blame the Devs for allowing such a thing.

As an addition to this, NiM teams are able to pick the people they want and remove players as they see fit. While team ranked works that way as well, it's definitely not true for solo ranked.

To be fair, for yolo que, if you are stemmed, have 230 gear and understand what you are doing, you are probably in the top 5% of people queing. Having said that, if you do not play PvP, do not try to play ranked to obtain a cosmetic reward. You will fail and drag everyone you que with down with you.

To be fair, for yolo que, if you are stemmed, have 230 gear and understand what you are doing, you are probably in the top 5% of people queing. Having said that, if you do not play PvP, do not try to play ranked to obtain a cosmetic reward. You will fail and drag everyone you que with down with you.

exactly what Otto said. if u queue with such gear U will never win, u drag 3 people down too and you also won't get your crystals. Also you should take advices, tbh if I see a newbie in ranked that says he's new and he wants to learn i'd gladly help him, but if I start giving him advices and he's just being salty to me there's no reason I should even bother helping.

I agree a little, bring a stim, try hard, use your potions.

But for gearing, if it allows terrible gear in there, then he is within his rights to wear that gear. Sorry, but that's the way it is. For every 230 wearing solo player on one side, there will be one on the other side, its just the luck of the draw.

I agree a little, bring a stim, try hard, use your potions.

But for gearing, if it allows terrible gear in there, then he is within his rights to wear that gear. Sorry, but that's the way it is. For every 230 wearing solo player on one side, there will be one on the other side, its just the luck of the draw.

If you are taking that stance, then everyone else is well within their rights to flame the ***** out of him. Sorry, but that's the way it is. "he's allowed because bw didn't add a gear check" is not a great argument. He goes in to ranked naked and complains about toxicity. Fair? should everyone be happy if he did that? Give me a break.

Wait till 5.4 when they increase the UCs in ranked :rak_03:

People in bad gear/stim'less/afk'ing/not caring will be the new ranked norm. Get used to it.

I'm not saying it's right, but BW just made ranked tailor made for people like the Op.

As many posters above me pointed out, you need minimal gear to be ranked "ready".

You need full set bonus gear and you need full augments and a stim.

EVEN if you are low 230 geared with set bonus, you still need augmentation because it make a lot of difference in performance, and you wont be called names for not being geared at least.

Ranked is not easy mostly because of the toxic people playing it and there is the elo matchmaking system which will make your life difficult if your initial 10 games were bad + the FOTM classes with self heals + the trowers, hacks, cheats, wintraders + the poor rewards we have now + bioware not caring about class balance or PVP or ranked in general. These things have all contributed to the hateful attitude you see in ranked.

I'm pretty sure that when You get a pop, you are nervous about not screwing up and about being verbally bullied by the so called "experts" who were just as bad as you but unlike you, they have bis gear and high ratings *ick size so they have a justification for bullying you.

If you are unable to get minimal entry gear in ranked, I don't think it's worth it to que imo. Let's face it.. those rewards aren't really that much of a thing. And you can buy better looking stuff from the cartel market or GTN instead.

Lastly, please remember this; You need to work hard to improve and for that you need to FAIL a lot of times. Everyone was bad at some point but they got better in time. Just keep on practicing and playing and you will get better.

With such attitude you probably deserve all the hate you're getting. I don't mind people who aren't very experienced but at least they are trying. But when someone stubbornly refuses to accept common ranked community rules (even simple ones) it really pisses me off. By the way - just in the previous patch the ranked requirement was to have FULL pvp special gear.

And to all "white knights" a.k.a. ranked is only for rating hoes: no, there are many people who play for fun and don't care about rating, but guess what - NOBODY LIKES LOSING!!!

So, first of all, about those simple rules - you always should have fully augmented gear and a stim. Doesn't matter how good you are, you always should have that. Full augmentation is worth around 1.5 mil which is pretty nothing nowadays (1 hour of heroics grinding at most).

Secondary, as said above, you will get your crystals quicker if you're winning. Underpowered classes (sorcerer, juggernaut, powertech) have smaller chances to win obviously and require an effort and class understanding. Mercenary, for example, is easy and you won't generally be focused. Gearing also helps a lot. It doesn't take that long to get decent gear in operations - try to get around 236-242, you will need gear for other activities anyway.

Finally, please understand that all endgame activities in any game require some effort. If I, for example, will go into NiM operation without knowing tactics and with pisspoor gear, my team will immediately wipe because of me, get repair bill (in credits) and kick me out of the raid. Consider rating loss as a repair bill, with the only exception - rating is way harder to get than credits AND you can't kick and replace the person you don't like. The number of "wintraders and hackers" in ranked is not as huge as people like to imagine. The vast majority of people play fair to get their rewards.

PS: ranked is the only activity in the game that has sub requirement and you cannot buy a pass in game. Just FYI. We all pay that sub and expect the game to be quality.

Edited by DerSchneider

Why no augments? I don't pvp but the characters I play on the most all have augments and I am working on augmenting the rest in case I take one to a flashpoint or uprising. (Takes a while to augment 14 plus characters) That much you can do yourself and would help somewhat.

Even the time I took my medic to unranked pvp to get the companion, she was augmented and I did use the stims.

Edited by casirabit

All,

Please understand: I do have augments, stims and medpacs. I really do.

The only pieces of gear where I did not have them were implants and relics, cos you cannot just "mode" them, once you get better one, you get rid on worse, so what's the point. But ok.

And I played my fair share of PVP on other characters - pleanty of it actually, but never tried ranked.

So the experiennce is just...hands down.

I must say, if someone new comes to the game and meets such attitude - well...

Regarding OPS or PVP - obviously there was and is gear requirement - remember all those battlemasters and obroans or whatsoever? but there was a WAY to obtain it. Nowadays........pfffft...

Why there is such a terrible idea of those crates now, I cannot understand. And probably many of us.

But coming back to the point. I understand thet people can give advices, sometimes do /sighs, etc, I understand, but clear bullying is a bit above and beyond.

Example 4329087239 why solo ranked should be removed from the game.