Need Advice

ZDrake

Okay guys so I am a relatively new player I have been in game for almost a month or so and well my issue is I seem to have slightly over leveled my character by like 4 levels and all the quest I clear, mobs I kill etc... i can't seem to gain any decent exp does anyone know how i can maintain my edge over my foes and continue to level up without having to chip away at my sanity just to gain 1 level. I appreciate any advice

If you want to maintain your edge, grab every mission that you see and do space and PvP content as well.

If you want to let the content catch up to you, then slow down on the side missions and dailies. Eventually running just the mission content will allow the game to catch up naturally.

Less XP for doing the underlevelled stuff, so you will eventually start finding stuff closer to your level.

If you want to balance it out quickly, then stop doing anything other than your class missions, and when running those just do what you have to do and nothing more (do not fight enemies that you do not have to fight, and don't worry about bonus objectives at all).

It really is that simple.

The more you do, the more XP you will get.

Every planet offers more content than you need to complete to prepare yourself for the next planet in line. That is a good thing.

Edited by Mithros

That's all well and good but what about items and what not I hate buying items from random stores and the galactic market is expensive crafting is an option but it is relatively tedious and i don't quite fully understand the mechanics Edited by ZDrake
grammer

That's all well and good but what about items and what not I hate buying items from random stores and the galactic market is expensive crafting is an option but it is relatively tedious and i don't quite fully understand the mechanics

What about items?

You get drops. You get mission rewards. You might even find something in the odd chest lying about.

But if you don't want to buy from vendors, don't want to spend any money on the GTN, and do not want to craft yourself then you are making your own problems.

There are threads on crafting that explain things better than I am interested in detailing here and now. Go to the crew skills section and check the stickies.

There is no need to worry about equipment, mod etc... The quest rewards are good enough for a purely pve leveling perspective. I'm finding it hard to grasp what you are finding frustrating? If I'm reading your post correctly have you levelled a few levels above the mobs? Why worry about gear If you have managed to do that? If you want to slow down leveling don't log in rest areas and reduce rest bonus xp. Swtor isn't like the old style mmos where you would camp the same spot grinding on the same mobs for hours to level. Most xp is gaining from completing quests and bonus quests you normally trigger when doing a quest. Complete these for xp and don't worry about the level of mob your killing. Grinding mobs for xp is old school and long dead. Edited by Tsukuni