To heal as an IMP on this server! Or not....

Krozis

The only way to really balance the sides, is for the lacking side step up and educate help all the bads. No one wants to do this so it will remain the same, also in ranked you're much better or relying on great heals great dps and great tanks, and less on crutch i.e. bubble stun, while it's helpful a good team will just plow through it.

Unfortunately, the reason many of the bads are...well...bad is that they don't take instruction well. It's amazing how simple instructions are ignored (you know, call out incoming, don't follow stealthies, don't run away while I'm healing you, fight on the node, etc.). I'm probably one of them...I mean, I play a DPS/bubblestun sorc. I should know better, right? :rak_03:

Sure there were traitors like combatmedic, amigo, okku (on vanish), neb, and especially grisha even though he doesn't heal, but there are still quite a few top imp pvp healers around. In pugs I find that imp dpsers don't focus well or peel which leaves the healers at a big disadvantage running solo. Can't tell you how many times I am the only person attacking Neb in a pug, even after I put a big target on his slippery ***.

lol traitors. i left tor in early july when imperial pvp was actually thriving. the guild i was in at the time <sever> was running ranked and winning most, infidels had just gotten together and were the best competition to ld50 and anyone else really competitive. I had played with many of you for a while and it was fun. When I came back in August Imperial PVP had died. Infidels had already disbanded pretty much,sever was beyond dead, the only 2 people i knew on had rerolled pubside for lack of people to play with. I tried to tough it out and pug in pvp but it was absolutely horrific. The quality of player had gotten even worse in the 1 month i was gone. Not only that, you wouldnt see any familar names that you know would have helped give you a shot regardless of pugs. After about a week of this nonsense I decided it was time to reroll. I joined LD50 and now can consistently get a group with players that know how to play each map, play against each class, make knowledgable in game moves, and generally have a good time playing with in warzones now. Thats all I want in this game. Is to play with people that know what they're doing and do it well. So sorry if all of you are still butthurt bc Impside took a huge 180 degree turn since the old days of Canderous Ordo but this is how it is now. Trust me I would rather play my imps over pubs any day, Empire is way more ****** than Republic but you gotta pay the cost to be the boss :cool:

end rant

Before you call me a traitor, you should realize a few things.

1. I ultimately joined LD50 not because they were "the best", but they shared the same mindset I have for PVP for the most part. In addition to that, I can get in a decent group almost anytime between the late afternoon and early morning. I wasn't getting that on the Imp side.

2. Before going to the Pub side, I tried to go to a different guild that I was hoping would fit into #1 above. In the end, when I was ready for a /ginvite, the offer was taken away because I had "a bad attitude". I troll ppl sometimes, and I still don't know how he came to that conclusion specifically. Miscommunication or something, but w/e. Worked out well for me.

So I see it as the Imp side being a traitor to me.

(Ashley Schaeffer voice) If I recall correctly, Benedict Arnold used the same excuse to justify his traitorous ways.

No, in all seriousness, the line about traitors is just poking fun at my old imp buddies who rerolled around the time Infidels left for GW2. No harm intended, you were just lumped into the category of good healers who quit for pub side. Although it seems I may have struck a nerve ^_^. I don't mean to derail this thread talking about all the imp baddies, especially madbads like darkmagician, please continue.

Also in all seriousness, grisha/flak/cates is Benedict Arnold and CM/rippernine is John Wilkes Booth.

-Eked

I havent seen Nova and Klins looming around the pvp area or in a warzone in ages, thought they quit i was wrong :p I guess i could or worded that differently, but i dont know of any of the better pub players re-rolling imp for their mains :p totally unrelated i havent seen Nataly in a while she quit ?

I've been back for a month or so. I do agree with some of the posts I've seen though. There arent many pug healers and most of them end up being severely undergeared sorcs that get run through pretty quick.

I used to be on Barbiegirl alot.. but decided to go pub side cause my friends are there. Sometimes I heal on barbs if my pubs friends go over. I used to be aoe spec until two weeks ago. I heal both ways but i enjoy stun more cause it helps out the group more. But for the past year i was always aoe heals. it is not hard to play either or just have to learn. I miss aoe healing sometimes..big yummy numbers but stun bubble can come close and it helps out the team:)

I've done merc, sage and sorc healing at 50 in rateds and sorc is fun very mobile but survivability is more of try to stay hidden as much as possible. Merc survivability is probably 2nd to an operative but their burst healing is by far the best and playoff merc isn't as easy to pick up on at first, but once you do it is fun and arguably more so then my sage. A sorc/sage AoE heals with guard though is godmode. If your a merc and have guard its OP.

Also in all seriousness, grisha/flak/cates is Benedict Arnold and CM/rippernine is John Wilkes Booth.

-Eked

Didn't realize I rated as high as being a general in all this, but no offense man, there was nowhere for me to go. The only thing I had to look forward to was solo queueing and dieing a little inside every time I did. Nobody was banging down my door to get me to join anything.

Solo queuing is enough to make anyone unsub. Even when I do unranked warzones with some guildies, we inevitably get 2+ completely crap players who do a combined 90k damage with 20 deaths.

Does JC still have ranked warzone pops, or has that pretty much died off? Most of the players I used to PVP with have moved on to other games, but I wouldn't mind testing the waters again if I can find a group.

Didn't realize I rated as high as being a general in all this, but no offense man, there was nowhere for me to go. The only thing I had to look forward to was solo queueing and dieing a little inside every time I did. Nobody was banging down my door to get me to join anything.

Who doesn't like playing with 7 WoW-generation morons (read: the average SWTOR player) in solo queue? Traitor!

Thanks for the various opinions on healing in a very..... 'Death match' state of imperial play. (Although my intent was to heal for rateds one day.)

I don't know how many people read this thread but the amount of healing I've seen in the last week or so in 50PVP for impside seems to have multiplied, greatly. Which is fantastic.... even if the healer is just getting his/her feet wet it's been nice to see.

In my guild we have a few good Op healers, so I probably would suck too much to work into that position personally. I would love to transfer all my gear from my PT to my Merc to try healing on him, but so far my suggestion has been met with laughter.... (I actually was serious about this).

I know the overall state of Commando/Mercenary is quite bad in competitive PVP, but it's still my favorite character and I do see great Commando/Merc healers now and again in solid PVP matches. It does seem though that 'top end' numbers belong to sages and ops but I'm assuming that just the way the mechanics of those characters work.

The amount of healing I've seen has actually made me wish I hadn't stripped my Jugg of his gear (for my Mara)... Tanks are still very rare.

I still really want to try merc but I am currently 'stuck' in a DPS role and not sure how much I want to do ranked anymore at this time.

Thanks for your help.

After reading these tales of woe... I am.. filled with shame, misery, the "on the defense" response from being accused and called out for being an "infidel" a "traitor", the funniest part of it all is that I, Krayshawn, am myself a defector TO the IMP side From the REPUBLIC,

Now that I am back, I am definitely a "numbers whore" that is all I do in lowbie, and topping the charts grows my epeen exponentially, BUT, seeing these cries for help has moved me. When 1.6 goes live tomorrow I shall gear up El'Diablo, my 50 Jug, in WH and be the beast damn support tank you all have ever seen

MUAHAHAHAHAH.

There shall be only one !... Krayshawn