No more taxi's, and no more "exhaustion zones"

DaroxSKSKSKSKSKS

Self explanatory. I'd like to see all taxi speeders removed from the game, and replaced by just people flying their own mounts to different places, at increased speeds (i'm thinking 400-600% speed increase). What's the point of those taxi's anyway? It's not like we can't find our own way around the planetary maps. It would add an entirely new dimension to the game. You could add new secret places/datacron locations for players to discover, new hidden quests/heroic areas, etc.

And exhaustion zones, like on Tatooine - what's the point of that? Immersion-breaking to the extreme. You can just make the whole map open, and let people fly around as they see fit. Give a real feel of a vast desert planet! Again, potential for new secret places, new finds, new quests, etc. Make it more fun to explore!

Regards

Self explanatory. I'd like to see all taxi speeders removed from the game, and replaced by just people flying their own mounts to different places

Regards

Gods, no. I'd have no time to get up and get coffee if I had to pilot myself everywhere. Better to jump into a taxi in the game so I can jump out of my chair for a minute.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Gods, no. I'd have no time to get up and get coffee if I had to pilot myself everywhere. Better to jump into a taxi in the game so I can jump out of my chair for a minute.

That's one way of looking at it. But it's that desire for simplicity and convenience over gameplay immersion that makes Bioware continually dumb down and simplify the game. I guess you have to ask yourself is convenience worth losing all the potential you could have, from exploring a truly open world? You can always stop at a safe zone and get coffee, after all.

Well, you know, if you want to explore, just don't use the taxis.

I'd rather have them than have to spend i don't know how long to get from point A to point B while having to go through countless groups of silly mobs that will take forever to kill...

That's one way of looking at it. But it's that desire for simplicity and convenience over gameplay immersion that makes Bioware continually dumb down and simplify the game. I guess you have to ask yourself is convenience worth losing all the potential you could have, from exploring a truly open world? You can always stop at a safe zone and get coffee, after all.

Or you can hop into a taxi and save the devs the investment in something that's not necessary so they can concentrate on meaningful fixes.

Well, you know, if you want to explore, just don't use the taxis.

I'd rather have them than have to spend i don't know how long to get from point A to point B while having to go through countless groups of silly mobs that will take forever to kill...

You misunderstand. The new speeders would fly over the mobs, just like taxis do, but you'd be in control of them. You obviously didn't read my whole post. With my proposed change, mount speed would be increased to 400-600%, and they'd fly over the mobs, you couldn't be knocked down anymore.

Edited by DaroxSKSKSKSKSKS

Self explanatory. I'd like to see all taxi speeders removed from the game, and replaced by just people flying their own mounts to different places, at increased speeds (i'm thinking 400-600% speed increase). What's the point of those taxi's anyway? It's not like we can't find our own way around the planetary maps. It would add an entirely new dimension to the game. You could add new secret places/datacron locations for players to discover, new hidden quests/heroic areas, etc.

So you mean to remake all the maps in full 3D like WoW did when flying mounts were created?

If they cannot do more than a few hours of story, I can assure you that they cannot do that.

So you mean to remake all the maps in full 3D like WoW did when flying mounts were created?

If they cannot do more than a few hours of story, I can assure you that they cannot do that.

Exactly, and the exhaustion zones have a purpose. Sometimes there's just no geometry other than the geometry you're intended to see. Fly anywhere you want, and you'll find... nothing behind that mountain or building. There's not even a backside to the mountain, just camera-facing vertices.

Oh they "can" do that. Except it's more profitable for them to just pump out superficial stuff, since they know people will buy it. If enough of us get together and demand more root-core changes, I assure you they will see our point. They'll have to, or the game will start losing population.

Don't forget we, the community, are the ones keeping them going at all. So we have the power to steer the direction the game is headed.

So yes, do I want full open-world experience? Yes. Do I want less map-restrictions? Definitely. I can't see that as anything but a good thing, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Besides, after all this time, the game engine itself needs a full overhaul. Better yet, move to a newer engine. So while they're overhauling it, they may as well make it less restrictive.

Edited by DaroxSKSKSKSKSKS

Oh they "can" do that. Except it's more profitable for them to just pump out superficial stuff, since they know people will buy it. If enough of us get together and demand more root-core changes, I assure you they will see our point. They'll have to, or the game will start losing population.

Don't forget we, the community, are the ones keeping them going at all. So we have the power to steer the direction the game is headed.

So yes, do I want full open-world experience? Yes. Do I want less map-restrictions? Definitely. I can't see that as anything but a good thing, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Besides, after all this time, the game engine itself needs a full overhaul. Better yet, move to a newer engine. So while they're overhauling it, they may as well make it less restrictive.

You do realize that EA games supporting Star Wars themes are on a 10-year contract with Disney (2012-2022) and we're coming up on the last portion of that, right?

Bit late to overhaul anything now.

Best we can hope for is sometime in 2022 a joint statement by EA & Disney of a contract renewal.

Edited by xordevoreaux