Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Female Trooper Voice

LastWizard
01.12.2013 , 08:13 AM | #1
Anybody just play the trooper for the Femshep voice? Be honest.

Zalekanzer
01.12.2013 , 10:55 PM | #2
Hell yeah! My first character on The Crucible Pits was a female trooper. I love Jennifer Hale's voice.
Of course, my second character was a male trooper. Because, well, trooper.
<The Harbinger> Anzer Katzin Requiel Zevka Katzera

Quething
01.13.2013 , 08:00 AM | #3
It wasn't my whole motivation. But it was certainly not incidental.

Batmanofni
01.14.2013 , 10:03 AM | #4
I chose the Male Trooper because Brian Bloom voices Captain America. I keep want to see a dialogue choice to shout 'AVENGERS ASSEMBLE'.

Treolias
01.25.2013 , 07:24 AM | #5
Guilty as charged.....I just can't help it....I love that voice.

Then again...I also like playing both the Jedi classes because of all the interactions with Seteale Shan (that other character voiced by her also).

"I'm a Havoc Squad Trooper, and this is my favorite Class in SWTOR"

LOL

wainot-keel
01.25.2013 , 10:28 AM | #6
Yup, J. Hale rocks. Option 3, 3, 3, 2, 3, 2,3, 3. all the way , pure awesomeness

"You're all totally useless"

-1 Elara Dorne

That never gets old.

Quething
01.25.2013 , 03:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Treolias View Post
Guilty as charged.....I just can't help it....I love that voice.

Then again...I also like playing both the Jedi classes because of all the interactions with Seteale Shan (that other character voiced by her also).

"I'm a Havoc Squad Trooper, and this is my favorite Class in SWTOR"

LOL
I have a leveling buddy who is generally indifferent to things like voice acting, and I cannot make her understand why I find it so amusing to have my femTrooper hold conversations with Satele during flashpoint briefings.

It really speaks to their confidence in Hale's range, though; most of the VAs do a crapton of voices - you could make a drinking game out of running into Grey DeLisle - but for the most part they've always set it up so you never have an NPC voiced by the same actor as a class who might conceivably speak to them. A trooper VA will only do Tython or Imperial NPCs, an inquisitor VA will only be heard around Coruscant and Carrick Station. So you never have the weird experience of talking to yourself. Except for Satele and the femTrooper, who blithely hold a dozen conversations over the course of a normal game. But Hale uses such distinctive voices for the two of them that you'd never even know if you didn't already.

straseed
01.25.2013 , 03:41 PM | #8
Yes, and I named her Ishouldgo.
I literally tried pretty much every class/gender combo trying to find one with a voice I could stand, then all of a sudden I come to female trooper...wait, was that...Success!

BIG STUPID JELLYFISH!
IShouldGo - Commando Medic - PotF
Naib (Never to be taken alive!) - Scoundrel Sawbones - PotF
Brown Coats

dewayne
01.25.2013 , 11:13 PM | #9
ill admit i did. before i played kotor never heard of her. but i love her voice now:P
Darlenee, Dewaynee Morningstar
Republic Trooper, Jedi Knight
I'm a life taker and a heartbreaker

NorseWest
02.05.2013 , 04:03 AM | #10
I did this.

Is it a bad thing if I intentionally made my Trooper look just like the default FemShep?