Make Duels Great Again

MK-ULTRA

Allow duels in the cartel market area and the cantina area.

These are literally the best and most perfect places for duels. You get new gear. just leveled up, lots of people around and are generally doing downtime activities.

I got new stuff yesterday and tried to duel but nope not allowed. This is fubar and goes totally against logic.

You want us to duel random strangers we come across out in the world while we are questing? Nope sorry that is grind time not hang out and shoot the poo time.

PLEASE allow duels in these areas. It is the best place for duels. Trust me.

Other than that game is legit. Keep up the hard wook.

Edited by MK-ULTRA

Allow duels in the cartel market area and the cantina area.

I"d be happy if they just plain nuked the duel feature, or at least fitted it with an auto-decline checkbox in the Preferences panel.

And you need to pay more attention to where you are: the area at the other end of the north (Pubside) / south (Impside) elevator on the Fleet is the *Cartel Bazaar", not the "Cartel Market". (And neither of them sells gear that is good for anything other than Fashion Wars: the Old Catwalk anyway.)

ALSO we need chat bubbles. I hate looking at the chatbox. Just give chat bubbles an 8 meter range around the player. Chat bubbles are very immersive and actually work.

It's not that BioWare disagrees with chat bubbles being immersive and actually working. But as they have explained before, the (wholly inappropriate) engine is not suitable for chat bubbles and implementing them would lead to massive fps drops in large groups, just as was the case with public PvP on Ilum und why it had been removed.

For old time's sake:

https://youtu.be/4PTDo9cgk2c

Edited by Phazonfreak

If I have my chatbox turned off because I don't want anyone bothering me, it means I don't want to talk. A chat bubble popping up and blocking my view of whatever I am trying to do is going to get my attention but it is not going to make me want to talk to you either, it's just going to annoy me.

The cantinas are supposed to be sanctuary/rest areas with no fighting. As in, a place in the game people can go where they won't be bugged by duel requests. I'd hate to see that change.

I'd also appreciate an auto-decline for duels. I think this is something that has been requested multiple times over the years. Seems silly not to have it considering they have auto-declines for everything else.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

It's not that BioWare disagrees with chat bubbles being immersive and actually working. But as they have explained before, the (wholly inappropriate) engine is not suitable for chat bubbles and implementing them would lead to massive fps drops in large groups, just as was the case with public PvP on Ilum und why it had been removed.

For old time's sake:

Roger roger.

Chat bubbles are by far the worst thing that would ever happen to this game.

Huge NO. Thanks, we don't need that. If they'll gonna implement such horrible thing i will stop my subscription immediately.

As for duels in cantina area or Cartel Bazaar - why not.

For old time's sake:

Damn... I heard stories about it but watching it... is terrible.

Seriously? Duels in the Cantina? That's like fist fights in the food court of the mall. Who wants to go to the Cantina to relax and watch people kill each other?

The RP'ers would definitely love it. 🙄

You and your foe could easily just go to another ship in the fleet to duel.

Why bring up pvp gear? Adds nothing to your point and its great that its not a part of modern mmo's anymore.

Because pvp gear was always relatively easy to get? When they removed pvp gear pvpers were forced to pve to get gear. Dueling doesn't bolster you either, so those who just wanted to pvp and don't like pve didn't have raid gear and just didn't bother dueling anymore and the level sync stuff on planets didn't help either. And no, its not great that pvp gear is gone. Removing pvp gear is one of the dumbest things these devs are doing.

As for you saying it adds nothing to my point. Another poster asked when dueling was ever great. I stated a fact. Back before pvp gear was removed dueling was in fact a daily thing among pvpers. When pvp gear was removed, it literally died off as pvpers just left the game.

Edited by Raansu

Sadly for your point here, that comment was a sarcastic way of saying, "It wasn't ever great."

Actually, it wasn't. I would know because I made that post. I don't remember dueling ever to be a big thing. Even during the first months of the game when there were people everywhere. I've never got a duel request. In beta people tried getting dueling going on fleet only to find out you can't duel on fleet. This game doesn't even have an auto decline setting because it's never been a thing. Maybe it was on PvP servers but not on the PvE ones.

Edited by kodrac

Actually, it wasn't. I would know because I made that post. I don't remember dueling ever to be a big thing. Even during the first months of the game when there were people everywhere. I've never got a duel request. In beta people tried getting dueling going on fleet only to find out you can't duel on fleet. This game doesn't even have an auto decline setting because it's never been a thing. Maybe it was on PvP servers but not on the PvE ones.

Fair enough, although that sort of comment is often intended to mean what I said.

I remember, after 4.0 but before 5.0, when I was level 65, standing in front of the H2 dispenser on Coruscant getting and declining *six* duel requests from the same level 47 moron in a row.

He stopped when I announced in /general "Harrassment". To be fair, I meant to announce it in /say, and I got some puzzled comment from other people elsewhere on the planet, but he *did* stop.

Jedi Covenant had a strong pvp community and a lot of dueling up until the server transfers went live. A lot of the pvpers moved to pot5, then to harbinger. I was always able to find people dueling while waiting for pvp queues. Less so on the pub side, but definitely a lot on imp side. It died off a lot when they added level sync because there was no quick way to get to a level cap area that was open and easy for dueling like the capital space ports. When they removed pvp gear people just stopped completely.

I miss pot5....dueling, running around pvping during events, man those were the days.