Any One Else Keep Trying To Play Jedi Knight, But Wind up Back With a Sith Warrior?

BellumEstBellum

Have you tried dark side Jedi Knight I just finished it was actually pretty fun. I too always end up back with a Sith toon lol.

Part of the reason, is because I can't play Jedi without romancing Kira, but I can't play the expansions without romancing Lana. So I think I'll have to find a compromise, and just play the class story for Jedi Knight. XD lol

Hmm, looks at my roster of characters. Three lvl 75 Jedi Knights plus one brand new vs one single Sith Warrior. Nope. Can not say that I do.

Part of the reason, is because I can't play Jedi without romancing Kira, but I can't play the expansions without romancing Lana. So I think I'll have to find a compromise, and just play the class story for Jedi Knight. XD lol

Have you tried playing a female Knight? You get to rebuff and insult the lecherous Doc and still romance Lana.

And considering that JK gets Kira (and Lana) versus SW getting the options of Dark Jaesa, Light Jaesa and Vette (and Lana), it does seem a bit unbalance towards the Warrior in that regard of possibilities...

Roll a JC. All but my 1st one (when Lana wasn't an option) are romancing Lana. That way you don't feel creepy for romancing naïve Nadia

My main is a Sentinel, and I kinda regret that now over time - nothing massively wrong with it, just a bit too button-mashy in combat for my tastes. Recently I've been dragging my SW up to Lvl75 and I find it much easier-going on the hands, and also, who doesn't like being able to force push your enemies off a cliff? :D

Lol. I have a Marauder that I sometimes use when doing stuff with the Imperial side guild, but when just playing for my own amusement I use my Guardian or Sentinel (when not my Gunslinger).

😂

I tried using my Marauder to do GF FPs, but I can't stand being around all the ugly characters wearing ugly armor. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

No problem for me... my roster on all the servers I have created characters includes (so far) 6 Knights and 6 Warriors. I have covered both advanced classes, and each of the disciplines. Now I just have to double-up to cover both genders as well.

If Bioware decided to properly come out in support of LGBTQ+ / LGBTTTQQIAA(+PAGBGP) communities, I might need to buy some additional Server Character Slots. Or maybe not, as we have Theron and Lana who are both willing to go for a bit of kissing-and-fade-to-black with either gender.

The one I have trouble with is trying to run a Dark Jedi Knight. For some reason with the Consular, Dark decisions have a slightly more ruthless "whatever it takes"/Black Ops feel - taking out the trash that other Jedi and the Senate are too squeamish to handle (a la Jack Nicholson as Col. Nathan Jessop in "A Few Good Men"). But the Dark side Knight comes across more as a spoiled emo teenager with authority issues. So the best I can manage without getting irritated and logging/deleting the character is a grey/neutral approach.

Conversely, I find the Warrior works quite well as either Dark Side (me first, me second, and crazy-dark-Jaesa third) or mostly Light Side (the prosperity and efficiency of the Empire is everything).

No, but have gone back to jedi knight after playing Sith. I just cannot play any imp side character for long. A few planets at most. Once I get to max level and just doing dailies it fine, but story? No

I'm the opposite...lol, I keep going back to the imp side, I've probably twice, if not three times the amount of imps...lol

It's the opposite. I occasionally go back to play a Warrior but always get drawn back to Knight.

Warrior has a fun story though, as does Bounty Hunter. Only Empire story I didn't like was Agent. Act 1 started off promising, but Act 2 with the whole Onatomaphobia trigger nonsense was hot garbage.

It's the opposite. I occasionally go back to play a Warrior but always get drawn back to Knight.

Warrior has a fun story though, as does Bounty Hunter. Only Empire story I didn't like was Agent. Act 1 started off promising, but Act 2 with the whole Onatomaphobia trigger nonsense was hot garbage.

I do like the LS option in Grattans estate, but I'm not sure why it's LS

Leaving her live, yes, but having your way and making vette watch, surely that's depraved? a DS option...lol

Leaving her live, yes, but having your way and making vette watch, surely that's depraved? a DS option...lol

Duke Kendoh is my favorite moment in the SW story. So many people simply choose to kill Kendoh and be done with it, but I kill Fimmress as well. SW is right after all, "It's sickening to see Sith subservient to this worthless filth."

The Jedi Knight was my first character. I consider him my main character. I finished everything with him, so I'm desperately waiting for new content to play him again. I'm here mainly for the story. He's pure Light all the way.

My second Jedi Knight is more loose and will choose non-Light dialogues from time to time but still never Dark. My Jedi do not go dark. He did have a bed time with Kira, but hasn't pursued anything further in the relationship. I'm not sure he will. His true love is still waiting beyond the class stories as with my main Jedi.

I play all the classes. There is my main 8. Three have finished everything. The rest are waiting for one more to finish Eternal Throne before all go to Fallen Empire. My second group of 8 are waiting for one more to finish Hoth Class Story before all move on. The second group of 8 is the other subclass not chosen for my first 8.

As the title says. lol

My problem is the other way, keep trying to play empire side more but my alts are always repiublic heavy with the exception of the agent. I just prefer the female VAs for the consular, trooper and JK more then the warrior, inquisitor. I don't mind the BH VA and love the agent VA though and I just find the smuggler pretty boring all around.

***SNIP****

The one I have trouble with is trying to run a Dark Jedi Knight. For some reason with the Consular, Dark decisions have a slightly more ruthless "whatever it takes"/Black Ops feel - taking out the trash that other Jedi and the Senate are too squeamish to handle (a la Jack Nicholson as Col. Nathan Jessop in "A Few Good Men"). But the Dark side Knight comes across more as a spoiled emo teenager with authority issues. So the best I can manage without getting irritated and logging/deleting the character is a grey/neutral approach.

***SNIP***

).

Maybe this is why I can't play a Jedi I have the same Spoiled emo Teenager thoughts as well

Light and dark is not about good or evil. Light is about "life" and dark is about "death". So killing would be a dark-side option. The force is generated by all living things.. and thus keeping life alive is positive to it. This is why suicide or even a mercy killing is a darkside option, yet letting someone live, even in torment, is a lightside option. It is not about morality.

As the title says. lol

A lot of effort has been put into the SW warrior story and imperial stories in general...

SW has the best lines if you are a pureblood dark side male , and the story is very solid as well....

The problem with Jedi Knight an Republic stories is that they are very cliche and predictable ... Trooper was the most horrible story ever. It was so bad that starting with chapter 2 I had to space bar through the dialogues to get rid of it faster .

Jedi Knight is already spoiled on Tython with Bengal Mor already telling you what your class story will be about. Consular is a step better , but with so many people having trouble paying attention, I can see why it's not very popular. It's the most Jedi story out of the 2.

But I totally agree. SW is my most replayed story in this game. ;) I always end up coming back to it eventually.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

But I totally agree. SW is my most replayed story in this game. ;) I always end up coming back to it eventually.

Mine is DS Inquisitor either subclass. When they merged all the servers I have 62 toons on Satele Shan IIRC, and over 37 of them are a sub class of Inquisitor either sorc or assassin