Why do you not play ranked PvP?

NathanielStarr

When YOU rolled imperial cause you JUST HAD TOO cause <insert short sited selfish reason here>... YOU CHOSE TO NEVER EVER HAVE MEANINGFULL OPEN WORLD PVP. GG!

and NO if you were republic you couldn't fight 10 on 1 and win... try it if your so sure you could.

If your not happy about this... REROLL REPUBLIC WITH A BUNCH OF FRIENDS.

otherwise help us fix the Warzones then we'll push for big Wz's... like 100 on 100 and that will feel like OWPVP but without the issue that Impreial outnumber Republic at insane game destroying rates.

That's not true everywhere, like my server. There's far more Republic who PvP on my server than Imperials, and the population balance slightly favors them as well. There's also ways to artificially manage population imbalances for world PvP that other MMOs have already successfully implemented.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why aren't you playing ranked PvP matches?

I can't find a good team to play with on my Pub main. The majority of my guildies seem to think RWZs are for grinding WH gear, not fighting good fights. I've been really disappointed with my peeps in this regard.

My Imp main is just now getting some WH pieces and he is not yet properly geared for RWZs. So he hasn't stepped foot in a RWZ yet.

If you're doing Ranked WZs for the Rated commendations, then chances are, you've already lost because you're not in full WH. There's a significant difference in gear now between fully augmented WH and non-augmented BM gear.

BM can be augmented. Why does no one factor that in whenever they do stat math on the gear difference? A lot of folks have BM/WH mix, all augmented, which is pretty viable.

Farming Rated WZs for Rated commendations is also not really what they were intended for. They were intended for a higher level of competitive PvP where the intention is to win, not to lose your way through the Rated commendations grind.

Then Bioware shouldn't have made it the fastest way to obtain the gear you need for competitive play. They probably didn't "miss" this, they are probably encouraging ranked participation. If both factions are running some pug teams, it should be fair, no? Perhaps all that is needed is better match making.

The other major problem I forgot to mention in my earlier list is that there is currently no penalty for a team quitting a losing match to avoid losing Rating. So if you happen to be outplaying a better Ranked team, chances are they will all quit the match the moment they realize they can't win. Ranked WZs will never mean anything until this is addressed.

I am reasonably certain this not true. From the moment the ranked queue pops, if you decline the queue or leave the match for any reason, including a disconnect, your rating is impacted exactly as it would have been if you'd lost. Anyone confirm?

It seemed that everyone was disappointed when ranked matches were left out of 1.2, but now that they are here with 1.3 there does not seem to be too many of them happening at least not on my server (Bergeren Colony).

The reason I don't participate in them is because I cannot find people that want to, their reasons vary, so I wanted to ask the general PvP populace.

If you are I don't really want to know, but it seems like few are.

1) My expertise level isn't where I want it (I want to get to 1250 first, optimally). I'm at 1215 now.

2) Not enough folks in my guild do it at one time - getting 8 man together isn't easy

I've done 6 pugs and they've all been losses. Not all bad ones, but still. I dunno. I will be doing some more pugging just because it does end up paying slightly better even if losing. Still, losing sucks.

It comes down mostly to group comp and class balance. Its extremely difficult to pug into a viable group for ranked.

If you don't have a Maruader for predation, your going to lose because you can't get to nodes quick enough. If you don't have at least a couple Powertechs for focus fire, your going to lose out to their burst.

I know class balance is a difficult thing but being excluded from teams just because you don't want to play the spec they want you to play is frustrating. I have a Juggernaut and love the Vengeance build. I like the playstyle, i like the the balance of survivability and damage output, and i like several of the talents. Yet, i am not rage and lack the auto 5k hit burst so I am not taken for ranked warzones.

What really needs to happen is a design shift to where certain class abilities are less important.

Oh yea, all these valor 90+ FOTM rerollers on my team.

How does getting free top pvp gear is making pvp better again? The same have been said about giving people basically free BM gear and did it make pvp better? No. You still see tons of trash players in WZs, you even see some pve'rs doing them for the gear now.

If you are pvp'er the gear will come fast enough, it's the bads or people who only do pvp daily that cry about gear holding them back.

So what if "bads" have decent gear? Does that hurt your ego somehow? Why do you care if everyone has equal gear? Why should it matter. This only proves that you're one of those "bads" and can only beat the other "bads" because you're gear is better. If you weren't, you wouldn't care about their gear being as good as yours.

Mainly because my guild is not very PvP-centric and doesn't prefer to put groups together. Leaving me with trying to pug a group, and unfortunately there is never much demand for Mercs, regardless of how well geared I am.

Since the patch, I've played in only 12 ranked matched, with a .500 record. I just don't see the incentive to play...I'm already full WH gear, so I don't particularly need to grind ranked comms faster, especially when the rated gear provides nothing more. I don't really care for any of the mounts attainable at certain ranks, and I've never been one for pet collecting either. I'm also satisfied with my current color crystals, and don't do much with crafting.

I'll probably mess around with it more when Solo Queue gets implemented, but in the meantime, there's just too lacking of incentives to go thru the headache of finding and maintaining a group.

In my opinion, I don't think the rating system fits well with objective based PvP like Warzones. I would probably buy into it more with just a straight death match game, but I find it too frustrating to rely on seven other peoples' ability to focus on specific non-killing objectives to garner a better rating...just too many people out there that refuse to channel their focus in the right area.

Let's be honest, most people who want solo queue ranked don't want competition, they want fast and easy way to get top pvp gear.

How is solo queue (where you are randomly thrown into a group with 7 others) any different than a randomly assembled group based on "looking for RWZ" in general chat?

There is no difference... it just makes it easier to assemble the group. Which would get more people into ranked.

Not sure what your issue is with this.

1. Because if i wanted Ranked, i would go play WOW. (Which that will never ever ever happen.)

2. 4 WZ are not enough and tbh bore the heck out of me. (Need more)

3. need cross server ques. (this will kill ranked if not implemented)

4. because i hate wow pvp.

5. i miss the ORVR in WAR. ( never really was a big WZ fan)

6. miss the PVP in EVE ONLINE ( no wz, just pew pew at its finest in open world)

7. did i say i hate wow pvp.

I did try it for a week, and decided that Ranked is horrible. I dont care if i win or lose, its just stupid. i am personally just lvling alts to 50 and then sitting them there. cant wait for aug 28th to come for some real Open world. game may look bad, but atleast it has TONS of real PVP.

It seemed that everyone was disappointed when ranked matches were left out of 1.2, but now that they are here with 1.3 there does not seem to be too many of them happening at least not on my server (Bergeren Colony).

The reason I don't participate in them is because I cannot find people that want to, their reasons vary, so I wanted to ask the general PvP populace.

If you are I don't really want to know, but it seems like few are.

I don't play ranked because ranked pvp on my server is controlled by a few republic guilds. Most people have spent time pvping and pveing. The republic side on my server has a few guilds that have done absolutely nothing but PVP since launch. Each of them has multiple full war hero augmented classes, so they can create perfect cookie cutter groups. This has caused most people to avoid rankeds. These guilds are easier to deal with if you only have to deal with 4 of them as opposed to 8.

Until the queueing system stops pairing average rank 2000 groups with average rank 900 groups, many people on my server won't ranked pvp much.

Edited by timidobserver

Rated teams use every exploit, trick, and FOTM tool in the box to win. That actually makes the game 10x less fun. I can't play what I want. I can't play how I want. I can't even play with whom I want. Why bother playing?

This line sums it up.

SOLO Q NEEDED... solves most problems...

Also there will always be imbalance and therefore there needs to be class requirements for teams...

Just because Bioware (nor anyone else really) can balance classes... doesn't mean folks should be

penalized for not playing FOTM.

Edited by VoidJustice

Also there will always be imbalance and therefore there needs to be class requirements for teams...

Just because Bioware (nor anyone else really) can balance classes... doesn't mean folks should be

penalized for not playing FOTM.

You still around? I havent seen you in a queue forever.

I have a Rebel alt I'm slowly leveling, I'll probably join you guys if you want but I won't be playing much.

**back to the regular thread **

while I would love to have this (because i don't have a regular group to run with), i'm not seeing how this actually solves much. all it does is make rated, act like unrated.

the MAIN problem is that rated comms are treated with more value in game, when in fact, they require no additional input.

rated needs something else as incentive.

Thats funny, we regularly run with a sorc healer, 1-2 Sorc Dps, a Pyro Merc or his concealment OP alt and around half of us should be hitting 2400 tonight.

Maybe its not as much as a comp thing as you think?

Yes we've been beatin by a 3 PT team, we've beaten them as well.

The biggest problem im having with rateds right now is the good games are too few and far between. Even when other high rated teams are queueing (not currently in a game but in queue) well get matched against a lower rated team to smash on for 2 points. Its not fun for us either, most of us have been geared and properly modded long before rateds came out, were doing it for the sole purpose of playing other teams to try and out think and match our opponents.

also 2200 for a peice o crap black lawnmower that looks the same as the rank 2 lawnmower... not cool.

Edited by Tserik

while I would love to have this (because i don't have a regular group to run with), i'm not seeing how this actually solves much. all it does is make rated, act like unrated.

the MAIN problem is that rated comms are treated with more value in game, when in fact, they require no additional input.

rated needs something else as incentive.

Why SOLO RATED Q's would be great!

1) Matches become more competitive as folks are grouped around skill levels (more exciting, less frustrating).

2) You can't get better playing folks of wildly different skill level, you need to learn against folks your speed

3) I want to know where I stand and I want to improve! Call it Epeen but, I personally play games to get better and to do that I need a metric...

4) Fast matches against GOOD teams with GOOD teammates... (also the opposite if you need a handycap)

5) more people pvp'ing means more interest in pvp and hopefully MOAR PVP DEVELOPMENT!

I want ranked solo q the same reason almost every online game has them... to play fair games against equally matched opponents and get better.

Edited by VoidJustice

I dont do ranked wzs because my guild really wants me to have like mostly wh augmented gear to begin with. This and the grind to get wh gear from regular warzones is horribly bad. I cannot stomach wasting all of this time to get wh gear.

I could get a pug group to get comms but those dont stay together for long after losses.

Also I played rbgs in wow to like 2k rating. I never really liked it. It just seems to reward bad players more often than in small pvp scenarios (read arena).

Right now my focus is to get as mamy 50s so I can play diligently next season and fight against the well geared groups and do well...

I don't play ranked because I'm just not that good.

Thank you for being honest. This is pretty much the REAL reason why most people don't do ranked, and not the ******** "oh I can't find 8 people", "oh my class sucks in RWZS" (not true unless your dps commando), "oh i'm not in full WH get with augments". All those lame excuses are simply to cover up the fact that you don't want to admit you suck.

Edited by Smashbrother

This is still the Ranked Pre-season, so hopefully they devs will take the feedback and make adjustments before the season starts.

I think both solo queue and team queue can work, but to me they need the cross-server Ranked WZs in place first. Then I'd like to see, for ranked:

1. Minimum gear/expertise requirements to queue.

2. Brackets for matching based on Team ranking for team queues, and solo based on average player rankings.

Edited by Erasimus

All those lame excuses are simply to cover up the fact that you don't want to admit you suck.

Everybody sucks...

compared to Master C. Norris

excusses are good business for game companies... if we were all face to face with the truth of our collective suck, no one would play.