Set Bonus

DurasteelDuke

So do you need all the pieces to a set bonus for it to work or just enough to get the perk you want from it?

Sorry if in wrong category

Depending on the set, you can get 4 pieces or 6 pieces and you're good to go. You don't need to get the whole set unless you like the way it looks or you want to get an achievement for it.

Many players keep a full set of amplified champion gear in their legacy storage to fill in the rest of the slots after you have the bonus you want. Amplified champion gives you extra dps amplifiers to work with.

It really depends on you and what you want this for. If you aim at getting 2 pieces for +4% master and another 2 pieces for +4 power and 2 pieces for another stat then yes, you can do that. Will it be wise? I dunno, but I do not think so.

The set bonuses have been balanced out so that its most useful to have the 6 piece. As it was mentioned its good to have the 7th piece the Amplified Champion for an additional powerful amplifier. There are however a few classes where you can trick the system in having 2 various set bonuses that actually stack up, yet I would say that was not intended and is a bit of cheating, but since the game allows it, people do it. Again it really depends on what content you are doing.