The Harbinger PARADE OF HOMES Contest!

Moormur

Announcing the first ever Harbinger Parade of Homes!

EDIT: Prizes and Pictures are posted on Page 2!

Brought to you on the Republic side by <Rebellion>

On Wednesday, September 24th, at 6:00 PM (1800) PST, I will be hosting a Parade of Homes on The Harbinger server. This will not only be a chance to show off your stronghold and knock out some of those Social achievements for people in your house, but you will have a chance to win fabulous cash prizes!

To start, I will be offering three prizes for 250,000 credits each in three different categories. If you want to enter, please post below which category you are interested in. All work on your stronghold must be complete by 6:00 PM PST on September 24th, at which points judges will be dispatched to check out your work. Obviously, unless you make prior arrangements and swap keys, you will need to be online at 6:00 PM EST, too.

PRIZE CATEGORIES:

BEST use of Companions, prize sponsored by <Rebellion>

BEST Capitol Stronghold (Dromund Kass or Coruscant)

BEST Cantina/Lounge area

MORE PRIZES will be announced as they are negotiated (See below)

As you decorate, keep in mind that BEST does not mean MOST. If you just dump a bunch of cantina items or companions in a room, you are probably not going to win. It's about aesthetics and how you use your space. Do not be afraid to manipulate objects a bit...rotation or movement on the X or Y axis.

GUILD want to get your name out there? Perform public service? Are you sitting on a pile of credits or a really cool item that you have no use for? Then consider SPONSORING a PRIZE. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED in offering a prize you simply provide the credits/item, set the criteria, and a few judges. In order to keep the contest interesting, I ask that you provide 250,00 credits or greater or an item/item package with an approximate GTN of 250,000 credits or greater. Your guild or character name will be included in the contest (IE. BEST Agent Room sponsored by YOUR GUILD HERE). Contact me in-game or on this thread if you are interested.

This is going to a very fun event! Let's get some community going on and have a fun Parade of Homes!

Edited by Moormur

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doctor, I would be willing to do a guild stronghold category, I just don't know where to begin coming up with a category for that which is specific enough to be realistically evaluated. Thoughts?

How about just mirroring the contest ? You have a personal category and a guild category? if you're going to do that then best guild ship? When you think about it there's alot of ways you could go with it.

Edited by DoctorBeckett

Hi all,

I would like to add my 2 strongholds for this competition too, its my Tatooine and Nar Shada vacation retreats, you can visit them on the public listings under Sensei's Vacation Retreats, feel welcome to add comments and suggestion...lol, also my guild would like to sponsor this initiative too if you like, feel free to have a chat with me ingame,

Cheers,

Sensei

I would be curious to see what people think of my Nar Shaddaa stronghold. When I'm online it's on the public listings as Ralzhun's Starfighter's Lounge. I've got a starfighter themed GTN lounge area in the front area / first room. I've got Empire and Republic themed barracks (sort of) and command center rooms in the side rooms up front. (I want to go back and revise those some more.) I've got a med bay when you go downstairs. (I might go back and shift some things around in there.) I've got sort of an executive's lounge and then a sort of throne room in the lower level rooms past the med bay. (I'm still working on those.) I think I've done alright about hitting 99-100% completion without throwing down clutter, but I'm curious to see what others think of it.

(So I guess that makes this a submission for the cantina/lounge judging then? I have NPCs placed in this too but I don't know that I've done anything clever or interesting there.)

I would like to enter for Best Capital Stronghold: Dromund Kass. The name is No-la's Sith Academy! It is on the public listing, however with work I can not be there to show it. Who can I send a key to so they can look at it without me? Im not sure how the public listings work. Does the owner have to be online for you to visit their home?

If you will not be on at the time, send a key to Moormur on the Empire side, or to Dosi on the Pub side. You can catch me in-game Imp-side as:

Moormur

Tuk'tuk

Cocomo

Dabob

And on the Pubside as Dosi. If I'm online, I'm willing to chat!

If you will not be on at the time, send a key to Moormur on the Empire side, or to Dosi on the Pub side. You can catch me in-game Imp-side as:

Moormur

Tuk'tuk

Cocomo

Dabob

And on the Pubside as Dosi. If I'm online, I'm willing to chat!

Thank you Moormur, you now have my key!

I would like to enter for:

1: BEST Capitol Stronghold (Dromund Kaas)

&

2: BEST Cantina / Lounge Area (Dromund Kaas)

They are both in my Stronghold: Guanxii's Sith Academy

I will try to be online but just incase I will send a key to Moormur :D

Edited by Nuffmeister
Typo