no community=dead game in a few months

Vialator

as the topic says- no lfg tool- no server forums- they not encouraging people to communicate and join with each other.

Feeling this is more a single player game with a few multi-player features to use IF you want to- they seem to be encouraging the opposite of team play!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as the topic says- no lfg tool- no server forums- they not encouraging people to communicate and join with each other.

Feeling this is more a single player game with a few multi-player features to use IF you want to- they seem to be encouraging the opposite of team play!

So no sit in a city with a LFG tool and actually having to look for a group is "players not communicating?"

Troll on

no lfg tool = not encouraging people to communicate, makes sense...

I personally solo most things, but a few group quests have been making me actually request the aid of other players.

I personally don't see what the big deal is with no LFG tool, other then ppl wanting to socialize less, but that is just me.

As for server-specific forums, not that I'd use em, but why not have em :)

I wouldn't say it reduces socializing at all, just makes it take a tad longer. Which in turn encourages it to last longer instead of instantly dropping group after the flash point just to reque.

I would say all in all the social point system encourages grouping. Its the players that are flawed, not the system.

I wouldn't say it reduces socializing at all, just makes it take a tad longer. Which in turn encourages it to last longer instead of instantly dropping group after the flash point just to reque.

I would say all in all the social point system encourages grouping. Its the players that are flawed, not the system.

Agree totally. There are simple ways around not having lfg search function. If the players cant think of or employ these simple solutions that's their own fault. Not every aspect of the game has to have a "make everything simple for me" feature.

LFG Tool - This would drastically reduce communication, not increase it, you must be brain-dead to think it would do so.

Lets' look at WoWs LFG system, shall we?

*Queues* *Waits* *Queue Finishes* *Joins & says hello* *Finishes dungeon* *Leave group & Requeues*

Sorry, but in WoW, as a tank, in the entire time i've played WoW, using the LFG system is an utter nightmare, no one speaks to each other at all, the only time someone will spout any form of communication is when a group wipes or someone does something stupid, and even then it's abuse being thrown.

Server forums - Server forums are always next to dead. This would be a waste of time and resources to implement.

LFG Tool - This would drastically reduce communication, not increase it, you must be brain-dead to think it would do so.

*Queues* *Waits* *Queue Finishes* *Joins & says hello* *Finishes dungeon* *Leave group & Requeues*

Sorry, but in WoW, as a tank, in the entire time i've played WoW, using the LFG system is an utter nightmare, no one speaks to each other at all, the only time someone will spout any form of communication is when a group wipes or someone does something stupid, and even then it's abuse being thrown.

Server forums - Server forums are always next to dead. This would be a waste of time and resources to implement.

Yeah. . and when they yell. . they mostly blame the tank. XD

Server forums on my old WoW server and CoH server were actually quite active, definitely needs a server forum.

As for the grouping tool, I agree that it's not really a good idea for community, though I can see it being quite necessary on some servers since there isn't any really good global server chat.

The only thing I would want is more default chat tabs and channels.

For example, there definitely should be a LFG Channel and a LFG Tab in the chat by default. The same goes for a Trade Channel.

This man speaks truth. I agree 100%.

Id disaggree with the op, if anything not having lfg tool or though inconvenient sometimes encourages communication, I interact more with players here then I did on wow, ive even been in a few groups (solely formed randomly as players ran into each other) to help each other out in zones, and that hasnt happened in wow in years haha. Edited by Thatcrazypenguin

WoW only recently, in the grand scheme of things, got the LFG tool. People got groups and raids way before the LFG came into play. I personally find the LFG tool horrendous as it hinders server communications and interaction among people in the game world. No longer are people questing and meeting up and making friends. They are now grinding until level 15 dungeon leveling and sitting inside of a Major city doing nothing. Gone are the days of actual MMO story line driven game play and that is why this game will succeed.

No LFG tool, please. No one talks to each other, everyone ninjas. I remember having several good convos in the flashpoints. we even made fun of the NPCs in the talking parts.

Let me guess: Esseless Flashpoint > Narlock > It's a trap! > sexual intercourse with the Twi'lek sadist? :D

Atleast that was my story of the day, haha!

So no sit in a city with a LFG tool and actually having to look for a group is "players not communicating?"

Troll on

/lfg healer for XXXXX

repeat for 2 hours....whilst not being able to do much else.

/log off in frustation.

Yeah thats community.

You are the troll sir not the OP.

WoW only recently, in the grand scheme of things, got the LFG tool. People got groups and raids way before the LFG came into play. I personally find the LFG tool horrendous as it hinders server communications and interaction among people in the game world. No longer are people questing and meeting up and making friends. They are now grinding until level 15 dungeon leveling and sitting inside of a Major city doing nothing. Gone are the days of actual MMO story line driven game play and that is why this game will succeed.

I think during wrath before the LFG I did maybe 20 heroics, after the LFG I did that many a week for a while.....

Whats more social?

/LFG is only good for grinding dungeons for either leveling or gear. it's highly amazing if you're just trying to mow thru content over and over and over for gains. it doesn't help with community or communicating at the least. it makes the opposite actually. there's been LFG's ive been in, in other MMO's where i've not said a single thing to anyone

just watch dps meters or heal meters, CC what needs to be CC'd if my class could CC, and just mow through the content.

that doesn't happen so far in TOR. it takes awhile to make a group and you get talking while waiting, plus everyone's from your server so you get to know the guilds and players.

the no LFG actually makes you have longer and more meaningful interactions with folks.

A: This game is only a "single" player game if you choose to play it that way. Just because a quest can be solo'd doesn't mean you should or have to solo it. It's kinda nice that for those who are not as sociable as others can still get enjoyment out of this game.

B. There is no way to solo everything in the game. Even some of the quests, if payed at appropriate lvls cannot be done solo.

This soloplayer with a few multiplayer argument I keep reading is ridiculous. Make of it what you want to.

I agree with the OP. A LFG / LFD system will improve socialization.

It will for two simple reasons:

1. It automates the tedious spamming requirements for finding a group.
  2. Once freed from the spamming, you can do other things while you wait.

Now, this will free some folks up to grind. Others to explore. And others to chat. Removing the tedious crap from a game always helps improve the game experience. Why? Because it allows the player to fill their time doing what they want to do instead of having to do the tedious thing.

Can't wait for those few months to go by so you can all eat those words.

World is what you make it and all that.

I agree that LFG tools hinder community development although I have to admit that some sort of Guild search tool would be nice, even just to search guilds on my server - I'm more than happy to chat with people in-game but the lack of a guild-searching function is a bit annoying to me.

Question for all those that are ignorant of social interaction actually is.

Scenario A:

Player sits in a hub spams /1 for 30 min or so to get a group. He then walks 10 feet into the Flash point because they are all in the same spot anyways.

The group is quiet people are just there for their loot and getting it done for a quest. Not much is said the whole run.

At the end everyone says thanks you add them to your friends list.

Scenario B: Your out questing doing your story. You Que up using a SERVER ONLY LFD.

You get your group and enter the instance.

The group is quiet people are just there for their loot and getting it done for a quest. Nothing is said the whole run.

At the end everyone says thanks you add them to your friends list.

You tell me what the difference is because to be honest there really isn't one except ease of use.

Arguement A will no doubt be well thats easy mode... actually no its not its we got better things to do in game other then sit in one spot spamming chat for a group.

Arguement B: Well people will just instant que and grief then reque. With it how it is now you can black list them so everyone will know them and not group them. Well Server-side LFD means you are queing with people on your server so if you get a griefer kick him and inform the server of him.... same thing is it not...

Then there is the group of people that think mmo's should be like they were 10 years ago where you had to build groups by knowing people. This would be fine IF there was global chat and IF servers weren't splitting players up so much that theres less then 30 in most worlds. But those two statements dont hold true so that method is flawed.

Edited by Barracudastr