no community=dead game in a few months

Vialator

So no sit in a city with a LFG tool and actually having to look for a group is "players not communicating?"

Troll on

Because spamming 'LFG xxx' builds communities?

I spent yesterday talking in /1 because i was fed up of nothing but group spam, and not surprisingly alot of people said they where happy to see someone using /1 to talk.

Also considering how quickly you outlevel the low level flashpoints and the gear it isn't worth waiting ages for a group unless you want to see the story and get what ever title it might contain.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as the topic says- no lfg tool- no server forums- they not encouraging people to communicate and join with each other.

Feeling this is more a single player game with a few multi-player features to use IF you want to- they seem to be encouraging the opposite of team play!

Oh gee yet another: "If they don't do exactly as I say the game will fail" thread. :rolleyes:

My kingdom for originality.

I remeber very well what it was like, endless sitting in cities wasting time spamming for a group not being able to leave because there was no other way to get one.

Then suddenly you were able to queue, and go quest, accomplish things while you were waiting, it was amazing the freedom it gave people, especially dps. I got so many quests done, and explored so much more of the world it was just amazing to me.

ummm you sure you were playing wow? because if you were looking for a group youd go quest in the zone the dungeon was in... lots of people were lfg for that zone, why? because they COULD quest and explore while they did it... and guess what? if you out lvled the zone you out lvled the dungeon so there was no more point in running it...

LFG Tool - This would drastically reduce communication, not increase it, you must be brain-dead to think it would do so.

Lets' look at WoWs LFG system, shall we?

*Queues* *Waits* *Queue Finishes* *Joins & says hello* *Finishes dungeon* *Leave group & Requeues*

Sorry, but in WoW, as a tank, in the entire time i've played WoW, using the LFG system is an utter nightmare, no one speaks to each other at all, the only time someone will spout any form of communication is when a group wipes or someone does something stupid, and even then it's abuse being thrown.

Server forums - Server forums are always next to dead. This would be a waste of time and resources to implement.

Not sure how that is different here. No one speaks in any of the flashpoints either and there is no LFG tool. How do you explain that?

I wouldn't say it reduces socializing at all, just makes it take a tad longer. Which in turn encourages it to last longer instead of instantly dropping group after the flash point just to reque.

I would say all in all the social point system encourages grouping. Its the players that are flawed, not the system.

This x 100!

You don't have to be social to find a group, either way. More than a few times I've tried to make friendly conversation with my group and nobody reciprocates.

All that is needed is something like Pazaak and some server tournaments. Communities can build around something so simple as that.

as the topic says- no lfg tool- no server forums- they not encouraging people to communicate and join with each other.

Feeling this is more a single player game with a few multi-player features to use IF you want to- they seem to be encouraging the opposite of team play!

OK i have to agree in a way, in galaxies there were bubbles over peoples heads when they were looking for groups, made it real easy to join and see who wanted what, i think that would help.

take what worked in galaxies, no SOE is a big head start, and use it here, i think taking the good about galaxies and incorporating them here can make this game so much better

Because spamming 'LFG xxx' builds communities?

I spent yesterday talking in /1 because i was fed up of nothing but group spam, and not surprisingly alot of people said they where happy to see someone using /1 to talk.

Also considering how quickly you outlevel the low level flashpoints and the gear it isn't worth waiting ages for a group unless you want to see the story and get what ever title it might contain.

You actually have good points there. Having server wide (and only server wide) LFG tool would still help with the community but also would give faster and easier access to the Flashpoints. This I personally have nothing against.

Current system doesn't really work since best place to get group is fleet and that means you are only doing GTN, Crew skills and some shopping there, no questing.

You can add LFG comment but not many people seem to know how to make it, or how to search players (you search by level range to check if someone is tagged LFG and has added instance name in comment) so it doesn't work that well.

Some help for flashpoint party making from game would be really helpful.

ummm you sure you were playing wow? because if you were looking for a group youd go quest in the zone the dungeon was in... lots of people were lfg for that zone, why? because they COULD quest and explore while they did it... and guess what? if you out lvled the zone you out lvled the dungeon so there was no more point in running it...

Yup, I'm sure. I played it through vanilla, bc, lich king, and cata. But your arguement there defeats itself. The instance here are centered in fleet, so right now a lot of people are not exploring and questing you are sitting in once place.

As well, once you reached the max level of content in wow you were stuck in the cities asking for a group because you didn't need to quest anymore. LFG freed that up, for me at least. I am truly sorry you've had bad experiences with it and that it ruined the community for you.

I honestly don't understand how it could cause you to no longer be able to ask all the friends you had, since you have said you knew most of your server, to stop communicating with you and being a part of the community as you saw it, but it did not work that way for me.

I know I cannot compare your experiences on other games with mine and I am sorry if i infered that.

LFG tool helps killing communities. All you do is click button, wait for group, then run stuff and that's it.

Server forums? Oh yeah, since all the kids want WoW stuff, let's look at the WoW server forums... You do realize that the server forums in WoW are only frequented by a tiny minority of the server population, right? And 90+% of the stuff going on there is trolling. SWTOR totally needs that. Not.

Not sure how that is different here. No one speaks in any of the flashpoints either and there is no LFG tool. How do you explain that?

Seems to be an issue on your server or with the people you run. Never happens on my server in my groups. We all talk.

Edited by Diefenbaker

Server forums? Well you know, I come here just because the game is under maintenance otherwise I'm too busy playing :p

I dunno why people would want a lfg tool, really I see players use the general area chat to find others and on my server it's pretty fast to get one going, try making one, it's even faster. Same thing for flashpoints, players just hang around the quest terminals and invite each others. So far I never had to open the lfg and see who was available. The chat the players often have trying to find others, even if it's short, is far more positive for the community then a group of silent players who used lfg tool, really.

community on my server is JUST FINE use your chat that creates community not LFG tools

all LFG tools create is the speed dash though raid and instances that not only don't help the community can often and usually do hurt community.

there are large numbers of people that remember the other game and how fast it died since the grunt and rude reply became common place in that one

you should also remember that THEY put that in to help with slow decline of subs and it didn't fix it but only increased it as people got tired of either waiting excessive times as DPS/ heals or waiting long period after a useless tank or healer /rage quit over not getting their way about things ..

LFG always= zero accountability so the savages who need civilizing continue to behave badly

human nature is people are dragged down to a bad level faster than they climb upwards toward evolution

lastly there is already a LFG thread why not post there instead of starting a new one to foot stomp that "WE WANT FAST PACED RUDE GAME"

tyvm